Secret Celebrity Gossip #114

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I met Dermot many many years ago and he seemed lovely. I hope he is as decent as he seems. We have enough celebrities who have turned out to be rotten!

Reactions: 29
yes to all of this. his treatment of cynthia and julian in particular was so cruel (and interesting that it was his bandmate, not him, who wrote a beautiful and affectionate song about his own son). i love his music but it’s one of those cases where i have to separate the product from the person!

the dynamic between him and paul is still so interesting to me, even more so after the (amazing) documentary. like you say, all lot of jealousy from both sides. but the vibe between all four of them wasn’t what i expected (it was also wild to me to see how young they all were).
Yes, I think you definitely have to separate the man from the music with Lennon.
For me, George Harrison is the Beatle that wrote the songs that touch my soul the most.
I loved the Get Back documentary - really interesting to see how they were with each other. And how frustrated Paul got because he just wanted to get the work done.
I thought Ringo was quite cool and managed to avoid getting dragged into the dramas!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I Was wondering awhile ago,Mark William Thompson (who opened up the pot on Saville) said awhile ago,A Well known Celebrity will be exposed,Lots of peeps thought OFAH actor,I’m wondering whether now it could be Philth.

I’m probably wrong but so much info coming out now and the Philth fred.
I think Mark Williams Thomas is a narc who'll say anything.

Reactions: 8
Yes, I think you definitely have to separate the man from the music with Lennon.
For me, George Harrison is the Beatle that wrote the songs that touch my soul the most.
I loved the Get Back documentary - really interesting to see how they were with each other. And how frustrated Paul got because he just wanted to get the work done.
I thought Ringo was quite cool and managed to avoid getting dragged into the dramas!
it was fascinating! i really felt for george a little bit when they’re talking about visiting india etc and how he was so genuinely interested, but you got the vibe (that i think he slowly realised) the others were just humouring him. he was always my favourite too!

ringo definitely seemed to stay out of it all, which seemed in line with what i knew of him before! i wonder how much he felt the gulf between him and the other three (no disrespect meant to him) talent wise. band dynamics are so fascinating to me though!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
There’s a brilliant book about the ending of The Beatles and what happened next called “You Never Give Me Your Money”. They were all walking out of the band towards the end (apart from Ringo).

Reactions: 8
They’re all pretty sycophantic! I honestly can’t remember the one that was more scathing. I read it about 20 years ago.
Thank you, I suppose they have to appeal to Lennon lovers and not alienate the readership. Though I would prefer a warts and all recollection. I will have to watch the documentary.
---
There’s a brilliant book about the ending of The Beatles and what happened next called “You Never Give Me Your Money”. They were all walking out of the band towards the end (apart from Ringo).
Brilliant! I’ll add it to the list 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone know any gossip about Dermot O'Leary? It seems like he's squeaky clean with a stable marriage. On TV he always seems chirpy. I'm kind of hoping he's an hole in real life haha, but I will probably be disappointed 😅
Weak tea but my friend (female) twisted her ankle playing five-a-side. As she was sitting on a bench, she was surprised to look up to see Dermot asking after her. Like he could heal her with his star power :D

Wasn't a celebrity tournament, just regular fives in South London.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Something is just the most beautiful song ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Thank you, I suppose they have to appeal to Lennon lovers and not alienate the readership. Though I would prefer a warts and all recollection. I will have to watch the documentary.
---

Brilliant! I’ll add it to the list 😊
I hope you enjoy it! In a way it’s a bit depressing because it’s about the end of a brilliant band and friendships, so afterwards I read the authorised biography by Hunter Davies for something more upbeat!

I agree - I’m guessing, **and this is pure speculation** that given that he had no crash helmet and was flipped and dragged in the open top car - he may have lost part of his jaw/lower cheek which will need serious amount of reconstruction. I think it’s going to be a long road to recovery for Freddie and not even the BBC would have the indiscretion to having him host a show that did that to him from their own incompetence.
Yeah the BBC are at fault but there has to be some personal responsibility too. These top gear presenters have always done ridiculously dangerous stunts to fuel their macho egos and cos they think it's a laugh and that they're untouchable.

Reactions: 16
I agree - I’m guessing, **and this is pure speculation** that given that he had no crash helmet and was flipped and dragged in the open top car - he may have lost part of his jaw/lower cheek which will need serious amount of reconstruction. I think it’s going to be a long road to recovery for Freddie and not even the BBC would have the indiscretion to having him host a show that did that to him from their own incompetence.
Latest article :(

• Sad
Reactions: 20
I just came on here to ask if anyone was in the know about flintoff after his accident? It’s weird how everyone is so quiet about it, the bbc and his co presenters etc

• Angry
MWT is a nasty piece of work who is most likely throwing others under the bus in my opinion. He may have some dirt but others might have some on him?
he isn’t exactly best mates with the notion of ‘the truth’
he was a police officer… had to step away from that career apparently
set himself up as an ‘expert’ on child sexual abuse. He is not.
claimed qualifications in above area and other expertise. He does not have said qualifications. All this is ‘out there’ if you go for a dig around.
That morning programme entertained him for a while as an ‘expert’ in these areas. Did they have him on to keep him quiet I wonder? All most odd

Reactions: 10
I just came on here to ask if anyone was in the know about flintoff after his accident? It’s weird how everyone is so quiet about it, the bbc and his co presenters etc
Reading between the lines it sounds like the injuries to his lower face were devastating- I hate to be crass by speculating but I’m guessing he has been left disfigured and the sight of it at the time (jaw torn off?!!!) traumatised the TG staff and Freddie himself.

• Sad
  • Wow
My dad, the most cynical man in the world, once met Dermot as he was filming something in my dads workplace. He described him as “a bloody lovely little bloke” where as some of his filming colleagues were “complete arseholes”! Not exactly piping hot tea I appreciate!
I did always suspect that Dermot is a decent guy. To be honest I quite like him. I listen to his radio 2 shows occasionally and he seems to be a decent interviewer.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.