Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Oh yeah, they were younger than me but always out in the usual places. Pixie was always a bit naturally cooler than Peaches but they were both desperate to be seen as more grown up. Peaches was completely wild and very easily led whereas Pixie was a partier but always had her feet in the ground. Peaches used to strip all the time and I don't think her actual friends or her sister found that terribly amusing. I still see pixie sometimes and she's very smart and talented.

Never saw fifi out as much and never got to know her but I'm told she avoided going out because she found the scene to pathetic (not wrong) and hated seeing her sisters out soing drugs.
Thanks! Pixie seems happy, I like her. So sad about Peaches, the boys must be nearly teenagers now. (Theres a Geldof thread if you've not found it).

Reactions: 3

Agent Cooper

Chatty Member
The Albion Rooms- it’s pretty nice actually, about 10/15 minute walk from the town centre/ beach. Uses produce from lots of local businesses and often has performances and stuff in its bar. Without wanting to give too much identifying info away, I visited just after it was bought, and everything was still set up as the B&B it used to be- the tables were literally set for breakfast and everything, as if someone had just done a runner. Pete was living there alone and still on heroin at that point.

If you’re going to visit for the first time, maybe coincide with a gig at Dreamland- they’ve got some big bookings coming up including QOTSA. Just don’t forget to leave the old town and walk up the high street 😜
Excuse me for just jumping in here but have you met Pete and/or Carl when there? I’ve always wanted to know what went down between them and what their relationship was like these days. My impression is that Carl seems to be more invested but I might be wrong!

Reactions: 3

caremum

VIP Member
Ah... that old DM chestnut. However - given that he says he spent the night tucked away shirking, I'm still finding it hard to see how it's anything but crap. Shame as they seem to have a good relationship (now waiting for 25 posts about his various affairs etc!).
He was in bed with his kid so not sure if that is shirking. IRL tiredness, sick kids do make a parent cranky. Isolated it doesn't mean much. (and speaking 100% from experience). But not sure the world needs to know every little crap snark a schelb couple has

Reactions: 2

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I thought one of Ulrika’s daughters, but I can’t remember an instance where cameras had access to their house. Gives the impression of a reality show and I don’t think Ulrika had this? But the rest fits as in she was on telly and wrote articles. I can’t think of anyone that would fit the bill although I’m sure it’s probably obvious!
Edit: oh, what about Kerry Katona? She has elder daughters and the oldest lives in Ireland and went to uni?
Oh god yes. Molly McFadden is a very good guess!

SaLou

VIP Member
It sounds like someone who had a weekly column, reading this bit. Ulrika had one in NoTW. But her daughters would have been quite young at that time she had the column, it reads here like the child was a bit older?

"But that didn’t stop her speaking out about our family life in newspapers and on TV. It seemed everything was up for public consumption. Our school reports, arguments we had at home. Even that time we got stomach bugs was free for everyone to read about. It caused a weekly row in our house where I’d beg her to not discuss us so publicly, but nothing ever changed. For her, being so candid was a part of her fame – this was the trade-off for success."
Ah, I did miss that, so there were siblings.
Yeah it does like sound she had a column.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
But it’s not the Gaye family suing him in this instance it’s the co-writer of the Gaye song’s family
this is what i thought? the blurred lines lawsuit was gaye’s family/estate but this one is the co-writer’s estate. i could be wrong though as i haven’t read huge detail about it!

i’m not a huge ES fan either but agree with the earlier point that i’m with him on this one. so much music sounds similar or has the same vibe as each other - that doesn’t mean it’s directly copied or stolen.

i bet he absolutely regrets playing a mashup of both songs though! the chord progression is similar (not for any sinister reason, they’re just both standard melodies) but he indirectly proved that himself.

Last edited:

childofthe70s

VIP Member
Lorraine Kelly for the celebrity Mum?
I saw her with daughter and hubby a few years back, didn't know who either was, at a coffee shop. Seemed an ordinary family chat, and don't remember her showing off pics of her daughter previously.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I remember an infamous Thanksgiving episode where there was a huge food fight. The show was obviously staged when you look at it through adult eyes but as a teen I regularly shocked by it, lol.
Nothing was off limits. What other programme would get Ku Kluxx Klan as guests?

boring bird

Rumours that aren't true include: Noel fielding being in a relationship with Pixie Geldof, or peaches for that matter. There's always been an overlap of certain groups of friends, she was close to Noels current partner back then .... the courtney love rumours on the other handl

[/QUOTE]

But didn't Noel admit to being in a relationship with Pixie, but apparently not knowing her age. I always thought there were pictures of them canoodling out and about.

Last edited:

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I literally bumped into the villain from Brookie - Tommy McArdle. He was very apologetic but it was my fault. I was momentarily scared until I remembered he was a thesp rather than a wrong un
Wasn't he in Lovejoy?
Also regarding the Lovejoy actor whatever his name is 😄 I always wondered what gossip there was on him.

Account3774

I've met Kate Moss quite a few times. She's actually alright. Find her to be very easy to talk to and she's not snobbish, doesn't go for cliquey vibes or anything. She seems to have cleaned up her act considerably since she divorced Jamie Hince.

Never met the other two, but have worked with Jude Law. Very charming.
Did you ever meet Caroline Flack? Always really liked her!

Mary seems a bit full of herself but I seem to recall a tragic upbringing - I think she had to become mum to her siblings? Not sure if I have the right person. She comes from a poor background and really made the most of the opportunities she had. She came out late in life and got married to a woman (since split) and had a son.
Her brother provided the sperm which resulted in her son. I’m tired, can’t think of another way to put it.

• Sick
I've shared a few here over the past couple of years but can't recall which ones and also came very close to giving away who I am in my naivety

I worked Soho in the early 2000s and lived smack bang in the middle of Camden for nearly 20 years so I have my fair share of tales. When everyone else dies I'll bring a book out 😆

Some tidbits:

I saw Pete Doherty kick someone down the stairs

Amy Winehouse once threatened to throw herself out the Hawley arms window and the top floor of Dublin Castle Tavern on separate occasions

Noel Gallagher once alarmed the women in the toilets in hawley trying to drunkenly sneak out the back to avoid paps because he told his wife he was somewhere else

Rumours that aren't true include: Noel fielding being in a relationship with Pixie Geldof, or peaches for that matter. There's always been an overlap of certain groups of friends, she was close to Noels current partner back then .... the courtney love rumours on the other hand

Ummm i can't think of anything else but happy to be asked anything (whether I answer or not is a different story)
Bit niche but is there any tea on robots in disguise? I used to think they were so cool when I was a teenager haha

• Heart