Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

vanderlyle

He's still trouble, from what I hear. Just perhaps not to the totally destructive extent he was before. As for Carl, he will always always stand by Pete. He loves him deeply and I actually always thought there was something beautiful about two men showing how much they love each other like a lot of girl mates do. I think they are very codependant at this stage though.
There is definitely romance and intense love between them. I don’t necessarily mean in a sexual way; but they were/are definitely in love with each other in a way: possibly in an intense way that is only really possible with a first love

Reactions: 3

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I thought Aimee and Sharon but I also thought that her and her daughter had a good relationship. I know she’s not close to Kelly though.
In the article it didn’t mention a Dad which led me to think it’s a daughter which grew up without one.

WickedThread

Chatty Member
CDAN has habits of making up shit. And some of their stuff wavers towards conspiracy theory at times.
I wouldn’t trust them to lie straight in bed! 🤣
Sadly, to generate traffic they very deliberately courted the conspiracy/QAnon crowd, and it bloody shows.

• Wow

vanderlyle

Exactly! I guess what I’m saying is that I miss the days when rock or indie bands caused enough trouble that they made the front pages and even your friends and family who don’t follow music know about them.
Yeah! Even my father in law knows who pete Doherty is.

• Haha

Restless Native

VIP Member
I'm a similar age. Me and my first housemates used to watch Jackass hungover together or after nights out. I loved it. Bam and Chris Pontius were my faves so I find it really sad to seem him go so far into this self destruction. I hate to speculate or diagnose but I'd imagine he has some underlying mental illness or disorder or a neurodivergency that was never managed.
He is bipolar apparently

Noseyparker68

There's a great story about 'Some Girls' by Rachel Stevens. Geri Halliwell was desperate to record it, and locked herself in her car as protest when she found out she couldn't. The songwriters (Richard X and Hannah Robinson) then wrote 'Me Plus One' by Annie (tune!!) about Geri.

(I lifted this totally from 'Reach for the Stars' by Michael Cragg - a brilliant book about 90s/00s pop).
I've seen that in Waterstones it looks good I might buy it

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I wondered if it was Anne Robinson's daughter? They had an estranged relationship for ages. AR had a newspaper column and talked about her daughter. Not sure she has ever been well loved though tbh. The vague mentions of siblings might be a red herring?

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Watched one episode of Obsession and thought the two main characters had as much sexual chemistry as soggy cardboard
I was the same, but now it appears I've missed a scene involving a pillow - should I have watched on, I wonder? Just for the pillow?

• Haha

LByrne74

VIP Member
Nope. Never touched it. I've been around it plenty but I had absolutely no interest in trying it. Like others have said, it's a control thing. Drugs are too unpredictable. Alcohol is my vice. I know my limits
Yeah that's my vice too, and vaping.

• Sad