Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Noseyparker68

Just to draw a line under all the cancer chat and the fallout from treatment. I think going through it shines a spotlight like no other in your relationship. If cracks are already there they can become gaping chasms rapidly. Pleased to report though that not only do some relationships survive, they thrive. My husband was an absolute rock. Fairly depressed reading some of the recent posts! And I’m doing fine too
Im 3 years into my cancer diagnosis and I'm thriving I refuse to give in , I wrote and preformed in a play it was a three night show and it was hard work but I loved doing it.

Im writing a book which I want to turn into a podcast first then a book published its a semi autobiographical book which is about growing up gay in the 80s.

I paint draw and have a limited life I take chemo every night im exhausted most days but im still here xxx and I love life 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 138

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Since she passed hes been open about her letting him go out with his friends and live a kind of life she wasn't interested in. He mentioned he'd had issues with drugs. I wondered if there was an 'open' element too. There's no doubt he cared and loved her deeply.
The fact he stayed by her side and cared for her as her dementia worsened, and even now, continues to raise awareness and funds, makes him an honourable man in my opinion. Whether they had a traditional marriage or an unconventional one is irrelevant. He loved her in sickness as well as in health and that's what counts.

• Heart
Reactions: 97

LaBlonde

VIP Member
If I died before my spouse and he decided to express how happy he'd been with me by moving on with some hot young thing, I'd simply do a little haunting and say 'I'd rather you wandered the sea shore at dusk, howling and bewailing my passing, for a good 18 months first thank you very much'.
never has a username been more appropriate for a post 🤣🤣😉

• Haha
Reactions: 96

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Paul’s death has upset me more than any Celeb death has done for a very long. He was one of the very few famous people I actually liked and by all accounts was genuinely a nice man. His tea time chat show was must see comfort TV, I loved how sometimes he’d forget he was presenting a live television programme and start having a conversation with the audience then get stroppy when ‘Bert’ the producer would tell him to hurry up. I read one comment on his husbands Instagram from a member of staff at Battersea who said Paul would turn up without an entourage and sit in the staff room and drink cups of tea and chat with everyone else. No airs or graces, not many in celeb world like that. So very unfair he’s been taken at what’s nothing these days, though I think he knew he wouldn’t live to old bones. His husband looks broken bless him 😢

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 94

MissHavisham

VIP Member
If I died before my spouse and he decided to express how happy he'd been with me by moving on with some hot young thing, I'd simply do a little haunting and say 'I'd rather you wandered the sea shore at dusk, howling and bewailing my passing, for a good 18 months first thank you very much'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 94

vanderlyle

Paul o Grady is the only celeb death I’ve ever cried at. My uncle was friends with him in the 80s apparently. My uncle died of aids when I was a small child, but my aunt told me that the guy who played lily savage was at the funeral.

When I had terrible mental health issues and was basically a wreck: listening to Paul on the radio was one of the very few things that calmed me down. His voice and friendliness and chat just helped me relax.

I imagine there are a queue of dogs at rainbow bridge waiting for him.

And I’m bloody crying again

• Heart
Reactions: 86

Patsy Stone

Chatty Member
Wrexham promoted. I confess seeing Rob Mcelhenny in tears set me off. They both look in shock. Thrilled for them.
Local gal here. I can’t even put into words what these 2 have done not only for the football club but for the whole town. Always had such a huge supporting but since Rob & Ryan have come along it’s been another level. We’ve all been on tenterhooks these last few weeks. It was absolutely heaving last night atmosphere incredible. Still on cloud 9!!!!! Will never forget yesterday🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 81

Willow9999

Just to draw a line under all the cancer chat and the fallout from treatment. I think going through it shines a spotlight like no other in your relationship. If cracks are already there they can become gaping chasms rapidly. Pleased to report though that not only do some relationships survive, they thrive. My husband was an absolute rock. Fairly depressed reading some of the recent posts! And I’m doing fine too

• Heart
Reactions: 80

JCMSadie

VIP Member
I'll toss in my Pete Doherty story then. Back in about 2003, the Libertines were the support act for a gig I went to at the Barrowlands (Feeder or Supergrass, I think), though we hadnt paid them much attention. The venue is a bit of a nightmare to exit at kicking out time, as there's just a staircase that everyone gets stuck in, so me and my pals hung back til it cleared. We had been up front of the stage, and were still standing there when this guy swans out, acting all arrogant and said something about us being pathetic waiting for him like groupies. I had no idea who he was, thought he was a roadie or something, so told him to fuck off. He got quite aggressive so we laughed and walked off. Saw them in NME the next week, and realised it was Pete. Twat.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78

Carapop

VIP Member
Oh my mum died very unexpectedly in October. She was 70. I’m 39. I’d be delighted for dad to have someone to keep him company for the rest of his days. Life is short but days are long. And hard. And lonely. Let people take what comfort they can find.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 77

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
My best friends parents were married over 40 years when her mum died quite suddenly. Her dad was on dating sites a mere 4 months after which I know really f*cked with my friends head as she said she felt that her mum clearly hadn’t meant that much to her dad for him to being looking for other women that quickly. Looking at it from an impartial place, I think it’s harder for children (whatever age) when a parent dies as they are seen as irreplaceable with (in most cases) unconditional love. Where as a spouse is different 🤷‍♀️
Jumping on from that, I think heterosexual men move on quicker because they simply cannot cope with all the hidden labour their wife was doing. I remember reading that cancer care professionals are trained on how to support women whose (usually male) partners leave during treatment. The number is shockingly high, something like 70%. The figure of women leaving their husbands after a cancer diagnosis is something like 10 %. Which is utterly depressing.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 75

Serene Serena

VIP Member
No I agree. However, his comments on her more recent weight gain spoke just as much to me.
Why should Charlie Dimmock maintain a slender girlish frame just to please the lecherous men who watch her gardening shows? It’s refreshing to see a woman who blatantly doesn’t give a toss about getting heavier. It’s all about the gardening for Charlie. I admire her for not giving into peer pressure to be slim to be on TV.

• Heart
Reactions: 74

petitspois

VIP Member
Dave Grohl is a minger with a massive glow up. He’s successful, talented, cool and keeps in shape. He’s also gained a reputation as a good guy so is an attractive package.
If he was Dave, the area manager for B&Q, I’m sure we’d all feel pretty differently.

*no offence to B&Q area managers!

• Haha
Reactions: 68

secretlondoner

VIP Member
Right. I've been sitting on this one for a while but enough time has passed that I can share my first bit of personally "witnessed" gossip in quite a while.

One for music fans! Alison Mosshart of the kills, she goes out with Damien Lewis now. Pre pandemic she would have described herself as "having an affair" with Dave Grohl, it wasn't really an affair, they shagged quite a few times when Foo Fighters made their second to last album and she was absolutely desperate for everyone to know so made it obvious to everyone. No respect for his wife and kids. She'd lay on the "we've got a secret" vibes and flirt with him when they were around. Last straw for his wife apparently and he's cleaned up his act since, I'm told (I've never met him and don't know anything about his personal life apart from this). She and Damien seem genuinely happy together at the minute but some of his friends (and some of her acquaintances/friends of friends) felt like she swooped in a bit and that it came from nowhere as they didn't really know each other.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 65

Noseyparker68

You are a bloody inspiration ❤❤❤ and very talented xx
I like to think that I can say look if I can do it anyone can I have a very rare cancer that effects 1 in 10.000 I over produce blood platelets that weakens my bone marrow. I have an enlarged spleen that pushes on my internal organs . I'm very fatigued but I hide it well.. I take chemo in tablet form and I would tell every one life is so golden make the most of it all.
Life's a beautiful thing I took for granted..but not now xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 64

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Queen Natalie Cassidy tells it like it is

View attachment 2118579
to keep the eastenders connection, jo joyner also telling it like it is:

1377B033-A606-45A4-BF47-3A71E2118D7B.jpeg

i don’t doubt that some “celebs” wanted a blue tick for status and to pamper their own ego, but they also served a purpose. i haven’t seen anyone kick off over the loss of kudos, but more that they’re now very easy to impersonate 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 64