Secret Celebrity Gossip #110

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Years ago, think 20 years plus, I was in a restaurant in central London and Jim D was in there, sitting at a table with a really gorgeous woman, brunette - amazing figure. He was totally punching looks wise, he had that florid complexion that heavy drinkers have. He was sitting there scowling and totally ignoring her. He only came to life when a middle aged couple near to his table kept blowing smoke up his arse. They were eating their meal but their bodies were skewed towards him, totally wanting his attention. He never seems a happy man, and he definitely wasn’t that night. The only time he seems happy is when he is bullying someone he feels is beneath him - basically anybody who isn’t a white British heterosexual male.

I also saw him another time, in South Kensington, where he was standing on the corner trying to get attention- look at me, look at me. The area wasn’t his demographic at all, so people just walked past the jowly guy not caring who the hell he was. There is something about him I find really disturbing. He feels full of hate.
He's a dinosaur, last of a dying breed, thank god, of male comedians from 70/80s who think that their sexist, misogynistic and racist humour is funny.

Reactions: 32
Caught up with this thread.

Jim Dale
A girl I was pally with briefly dated his son. This was Twickenham/Richmond about 20 years ago. When they split up, a mutual friend commented "I'm not surprised - he wasn't even funny" 😀

Musicals
The thing that irks me about Mamma Mia (even though the songs are tremendous) is that the central plot is a rip-off of that 'which bloke is my Dad?' trashy novel that every girl in my class was reading in the '80s. Was it Lace? Phoebe Cates was in the TV adaptation IIRC.

Jennifer Saunders
I don't dislike her but her acting used to be very mannered. She could never look another character in the eye.

Reactions: 8
I survived the first ten minutes, but just couldn't warm to it. I prefer live musicals to film ones.
I hated it, also La La land and Everything blah blah, oh and Black Swan is my most hated film ever.
However, I absolutely love The Power of the dog and will not hear a bad word about it.

Reactions: 2

Jim Dale
A girl I was pally with briefly dated his son. This was Twickenham/Richmond about 20 years ago. When they split up, a mutual friend commented "I'm not surprised - he wasn't even funny" 😀

Musicals
The thing that irks me about Mamma Mia (even though the songs are tremendous) is that the central plot is a rip-off of that 'which bloke is my Dad?' trashy novel that every girl in my class was reading in the '80s. Was it Lace? Phoebe Cates was in the TV adaptation IIRC.

Jennifer Saunders
I don't dislike her but her acting used to be very mannered. She could never look another character in the eye.
I loved Lace! The book and the mini series - which one of you witches is my mother! Honestly the 80s were mint for bonkbuster books and then the tv adaptation. Loved Mistrals daughter and Princess Daisy!
---
Any ideas? Sorry if I'm putting you off your tea.

Are they hinting it's Hancock with the headline? Sorry Gym & Tonic...
Got to be Gullis the gorilla, he is vile. I wouldn’t have nicked his stuff I’d have put 💩 in his shoes and pockets 😂
---
Just to say I fancied the arse off (younger) Mick Hucknall
Met him a couple of times, he was taller and thinner than he appeared on tv and was a nice guy, no airs about him, this being probs 1988 tho

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Jings!!! I'm really out of step with this thread.

I love musicals. Go to see them at the theatre regularly and love musical films. I liked the Greatest Showman but would never have believed if would have gone on to be so big.

And I love Michael Buble!!! I wasn't really a fan but took my mum to see him before the pandemic. He was a fabulous entertainer and came across really genuine when he was talking about his family and wife.

He had his videos on his screen and he said that one got him into trouble. His wife said that he was using his real smile instead of his Hollywood (fake) smile with one of the models. He said that he thought his marriage worked cos he was frightened of her.

I left the concert being a fan. We've got tickets to see him soon!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Do you mean Art Attack, not Massive Attack? Neil Buchanan? Or am I starting another massive confusion?!
They we’re both rumoured to be him! Neil Buchanan, to the point where he was ”forced to deny“ he wasn‘t Banksy, and had to put a statement on his website! Oh wait, I’ve just realised that’s the rumour you know about! It’s still funny though.

Art and Massive Attack rumours both explained here -

• Haha
Even worse, he's seen as being Right Wing and is therefore the devil incarnate. evil. :rolleyes:
Er, he is right wing. He's voted Tory for years, has made numerous appearances at their party conferences, is openly racist and homophobic...that hardly makes him left wing...

Reactions: 15
I loved Lace! The book and the mini series - which one of you witches is my mother! Honestly the 80s were mint for bonkbuster books and then the tv adaptation. Loved Mistrals daughter and Princess Daisy!
I loved Mistrals Daughter. Stacy Keach was a bit of a king when it came to a mini series but nothing, absolutely nothing, will top The Thorn Birds. :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I used to like My Fair Lady until I found out what Rex Hamilton was really like.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
They we’re both rumoured to be him! Neil Buchanan, to the point where he was ”forced to deny“ he wasn‘t Banksy, and had to put a statement on his website! Oh wait, I’ve just realised that’s the rumour you know about! It’s still funny though.

Art and Massive Attack rumours both explained here -

I had fun reading up about him recently as he’s now in a rock band living his life 😁

• Heart
I remember Flintlock and Derek ‘big teeth’ Pascoe. The heartthrob of the band was the drummer, iirc his name was Mike Holloway. Sara Pascoe is a twit but I don’t think her dad was famous enough for long enough for her to be a nepo baby, she’s just an hole of her own making

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I settled in to watch Rocketman, popcorn, PJs on, lights down etc.
I’d somehow missed that it was a musical. The very second they started singing in the cul de sac was ‘nope’ and it went off.
I really dislike musicals but I like Rocketman a lot. Give it a go. Taron Egerton is really good in it and there are a lot of scenes with just acting. The songs are all Elton songs so if you don’t mind them you will like it

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

Jim Dale

Musicals

Jennifer Saunders
Mamma Mia is a rip off of a 60s film Good evening miss Campbell.

Lace- 'which one of you witches...' a classic line

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I don’t remember a video of him grabbing Luisana’s neck. Is it online?
I saw a video where he slapped her and then grabbed her in quite an aggressive hug, as if to say it was a joke and he was just play fighting with her - was quite shocking…

• Wow
Reactions: 4
He's a dinosaur, last of a dying breed, thank god, of male comedians from 70/80s who think that their sexist, misogynistic and racist humour is funny.
Aye, you say that, but there’s a new breed of them now that disguise their obvious hatred of women, and anyone who isn’t white under some kind of “critique of wokeness” banner

See: Alfie Brown.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.