Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
It’s been discussed before, but there’s a brilliant book out there called ‘Freak Like Me’ which is basically a biog of a 90’s pop super fan - he literally met everyone - Britney, Spice Girls , B*Witched (as they were literally getting dropped by their label whilst at the airport).

he got quite friendly with Geri irrc, went to her house etc but then she just quickly dropped him. I can’t remember the story completely but I would absolutely recommend the book - it’s bloody fascinating
---

i absolutely love Rihanna’s music but there is something really off about her as a person. She just doesn’t seem like a very nice person so this wouldn’t surprise me
---

if she has, she’s done A LOT better than I thought she would. I honestly thought it would be a Martine McCutcheon situation.
I came on to post that I had been listening to You Tube music on my mobile, when a song came on that I thought must be Steps, but turned out to be Alice DJ singing Better Off Alone 😄
She was even dancing like them, though, 🤷 when I was squinting down the room to see if it really was Steps 😁🙄
Anyway, I read S4buk's post and went off at a tangent to read an excerpt of the recommended Freak Like Me which I agree is really good, but I'm trying to be good with money so will probably never get to read the rest of it 😞, unless I can get my head around Google ebooks 😬🥴

Reactions: 2

EddyDarling

VIP Member
That range had an absolute show stopper of a pram. It was black with rose gold trim and had a set of angel wings on it. Not a picture of wings, actual detachable wings.
Like the Jeremy Scott X Cybex prams?
---
He clearly has no respect for Touka. I don’t have much but it’s a bit much having a colleague sitting there scowling at you, or making quite mean comments. Especially if you are the newbie giving out to the seasoned one.
What kind of mean comments?
Touka knows his stuff when it comes to the den, seems odd to be a dick when he's so new too

Silverback

VIP Member
Hmmmm. Tulisa. I remember that trial vividly. On the Friday Mike GLCs defence said they had proof Simon Cowell is gay. Monday comes and the trial collapses. In the song Mike made about it he says and I quote.

"First and foremost let's get it clear that if it weren't for me you wouldn't have your career back, here's the truth and we both share that and we know the world can't hear that... Mr Cowell we didn't go near that"..

It's called My Little Sister.
I can’t remember much about this, what was the tulisa trial about and why was Syco named in it as gay?

I know he got slated for his grumpy red carpet interview last week but I do enjoy his self deprecating humour. I feel his humour doesn’t work well in the US, maybe he should’ve played nice for the interviewer but I love that This is his favourite film. 😁

I did wonder if he was just very deadpan in the interview. I didn't think he came across as rude, just amusing (well I laughed anyway). The clip I saw was very short though so perhaps it wasn't the whole thing.

Miss Apprehension

Chatty Member
Me too. If the person isn't the current topic of conversation (if 800 other chats aren't happening) initials just annoy me. It takes less than a second to type out Russell Brand or Tom Cruise or Robbie Williams or whatever. And text predictions make it quicker. I don't get it 😄
Soreeee…

Honeytheonions

Chatty Member
What you said did read as being dismissive, "just" or not.

Similarly, you're assuming I'm hero worshipping when I'm actually showing a bit of empathy for a woman who was so terrified near the end she becamse agoraphobic. And I did say some negative things about her.
Again, I did not say you were hero worshipping, my point was directed in general. And dismissive or not, it's my opinion and I don't need to justify it to you.

hypoharpy

wait, that the groping was a set up?!

it happened in 2003 and brendan f first spoke about it in 2018 - that’s one hell of a long game to play for a sympathy vote?! (also, philip berk admitted to doing it!)
No the Oscar was - sympathy = Oscar