Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
The thing with the Oscar’s is I think will smith deserved it so much for Ali. I thought he was Amazing.
Of all the Leo movies I think he should have won for the Aviator the most but then he won for the revenant which was the biggest load of shite I have ever seen.
Personal taste I suppose.
It probably has more to do with the clout behind the film than any of the content of it, I always think.

Reactions: 3

Silverback

VIP Member
Elastica were hugely hyped when they first came out- one of their first gigs had the likes of Debbie Harry etc watching.

Re Damon and Justine’s drug taking- Beetlebum is about heroin use.

There is a fab film of Blur in their Modern Life Is Rubbish era called Starshaped. there’s some hilarious bits in there of their drunken tomfoolery.

MrsFawlty

Chatty Member
TC didn’t go to Oscar’s in case he bumped into ex wife? Nonsense 😂 Maybe there wasn’t room for his boyfriend - he always had an adjoining suite when they stayed in a well know luxury London hotel where a friend looked after the ‘talent’ 😉
Any tea on who the boyfriend was LHG?

Sandyclaws

VIP Member
I found banshees utterly baffling in contrast. The acting is superb but it's one of those movies where you just think "wtf is wrong with people?". Like who comes up with that?
I enjoyed it but at the same time was a bit wtf is actually the story? I think it's one of those films that the arty people will be " ohhhh it was pure brilliance, genius" and others will be like "I have no idea what I just watched 😳😳"
---
Just read that Davina’s going to be presenting Love Island for middle aged people. Really? How’s that going to work? What’s the definition of middle aged? 35? 45? 55?
Showbiz?
Be 30-35

Coniferhedge

Chatty Member
My mother in law hasn’t been able to watch Bake Off since Noel took over presenting. She finds him too creepy! Personally I’m surprised Matt Lucas lasted as long as he did. I always thought he looked bored to tears most of the time.

Hevs75

Yes to all the female fronted bands! Skunk Anansie! Lush too! And Echobelly, I fancied the singer Sonya Madan so much.
Sonya was my female crush back in the day, I so wanted to look like her, she seemed so cool and nice, got to see them live a few times along with lots of other bands, great times

• Heart

wkdlass

I've just watched both episodes of Paula, it's actually quite interesting but nothing more is revealed from living through it at the time tbh. There are some interviews with Paula that have not been heard before but no great revelations. Bit like the George Michael ones, interesting but nothing new.
I saw a quote on twitter (I think) from her 2 best friends that said they weren’t involved in this documentary and wouldn’t be watching.

PeteM

VIP Member
Weak Rachel Stevens tea.
I ended up sharing a table with her in a club soho one night; a bunch of my girlfriends and a bunch of hers ended up getting on well.

Someone in the group was sleeping with Russell Brand at the time and when she mentioned him she was met with eye rolls and jeers. I think I mentioned I know him and used to spend a bit of time with him (platonically). Rachel very kindly said to us when the girl went to the toilet that Russell was the only person who ever made her feel truly uncomfortable to be around and we should try to talk our friends out of spending time with. She said he made her feel sick. She wouldn't be the only one, which is why it's weak tea!

She seems like a lovely person. Very sweet. Bumped into her a few times since and she always gives a little hello.
But Russell Brand's apparently a legend and all that...

bourb0nbiscuits

Chatty Member
I saw him once in the grounds of The Natural History Museum. He was so incredibly well dressed. His kid didn’t want to go on the carousel outside that he had just paid for, so he flagged a mum who was waiting and told her to put her kid in his seat as it was already paid for.

Well dressed and thoughtful. 👍🏻
Weak tea. I know. He stood out a mile though - really sharp looking.
This is the tea we want! The Modfather is a nice bloke! 🤩

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Just catching up in this thread, but I won't hear a word against Lizzie Cundy.

A million years ago when we were much younger young, my friends and I were in a smart bar Up West. And one was being 'that friend' and drunkenly weeping in the loos about some bloke. We were all comforting her/applying more makup. Lizzie came in , had a lovely chat, told friend 'he ain't worth it', told her she looked great (when she didn't, she looked like a panda) and then bought us all champagne. She was genuinely really nice.
I saw her on a programme (reality?) with some older famous women - think Aggie from Kim and Aggie was one and Lizzy came across as really nice and was more natural looks wise.
The women may have said to her she didn't need a load of slap, etc if I remember rightly.
ETA Looks like Fenella remembered before me. 😄

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Neil Morrissey owns (or owned, unsure if he still does) a few pubs, one of which is in my neck of the woods. Never met him personally but people who have and have worked for him have described him as quite arrogant.
He owns or owned the pub in Scotland featured in Local Hero.

• Wow