Secret Celebrity Gossip #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What you said did read as being dismissive, "just" or not.

Similarly, you're assuming I'm hero worshipping when I'm actually showing a bit of empathy for a woman who was so terrified near the end she becamse agoraphobic. And I did say some negative things about her.
Again, I did not say you were hero worshipping, my point was directed in general. And dismissive or not, it's my opinion and I don't need to justify it to you.

Reactions: 2
Again, I did not say you were hero worshipping, my point was directed in general. And dismissive or not, it's my opinion and I don't need to justify it to you.
Well, a few people read it the same way (re the "junkie" comment) and I was explaining myself, in case you thought I was being all unicorn and rainbows.

Reactions: 10
I love this photo, it’s so much of a time and everyone looks really happy. I have nothing to add re Paula but I think she was the first “celeb” death that really hit me for six. The one that absolutely floored me was Amy Winehouse, but I’ve rambled on about that one before.
Related to nothing: I was not arsed in the slightest about Amy Winehouse’s death. It just seemed so inevitable that I was surprised anyone was shocked by it.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
What you said did read to me as being dismissive, "just" or not? I'd guess the paparazzi following her had the same mindset, which is sad.

I'm well aware that depressed addicts can seem selfish and it's very hard to be around them.

Similarly, you're assuming I'm hero worshipping when I'm actually showing a bit of empathy for a woman who was so terrified near the end she becamse agoraphobic. And I did say some negative things about her.
I agree with you, I don't particularly have strong feelings about Paula Yates but I do have empathy for her, her life and what ultimately happened to her. Certainly not hero worship in any way or justifying her choices

Reactions: 21
Related to nothing: I was not arsed in the slightest about Amy Winehouse’s death. It just seemed so inevitable that I was surprised anyone was shocked by it.
I don't know if people were especially shocked, but many were saddened.

Reactions: 18
Shocked it had taken that long maybe, but not shocked it happened.

Reactions: 3
I have a half serious theory that the reason they made Barry Scott shout was to get the attention of housewives who have the tv on in the background while sorting out the kids/ cleaning.
Does anybody remember the techno dance version of the cillit bang advert? Filled many a dreary hour at uni when I should have been doing something productive and not scrolling YouTube

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I was shocked when Amy Winehouse died, because I thought her worst days were behind her and she was very gradually getting better.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Does anybody remember the techno dance version of the cillit bang advert? Filled many a dreary hour at uni when I should have been doing something productive and not scrolling YouTube

I always laughed at Horrible Histories 'Victorian Shouty Man' character who was based on Barry Scott.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I always laughed at Horrible Histories 'Victorian Shouty Man' character who was based on Barry Scott.

God, Horrible Histories was so good. One of the best skit shows ever, made to hide away on a kids channel!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I hate how judgemental people are about drugs. People take them because they make you feel good and they are fun. Problematic drug use usually has another source.

• Angry
Reactions: 15
I was shocked when Amy Winehouse died, because I thought her worst days were behind her and she was very gradually getting better.
I was shocked too tbh.
She seemed a lot happier, having lots of holidays in Jamaica and ditching that Blake leech.

Reactions: 17
I was shocked too tbh.
She seemed a lot happier, having lots of holidays in Jamaica and ditching that Blake leech.
It's because she was doing so well she unfortunately died, she had been dry for about a month before the binge. Abstinence reduces the bodies tolerance to substances and she downed 2 bottles of vodka. It's more common to OD after relapse.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
that’s a blind item that doesn’t fully make sense imo. he never “dropped out” as such - however the narrative got spun, he certainly took a step back but he consistently worked in smaller projects and tv. i can’t see that there was a long enough break between projects for him to have a stroke, recover from the stroke and have extensive speech rehab.

Yeah. Absolute poppycock. He fell out of favour for big roles but he has always been working away in the background on smaller things. Quietly and consistently. Including numerous voice acting roles, which certainly wouldn't have been the case had he been needing speech therapy.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.