Secret Celebrity Gossip #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Media are all hypocrite scum, they don't care about anyone - it's just ££ business at the end of the day. Until someone has had enough and tops themselves, then it's "tragic xxx and the bullying they endured from online trolls".... go quiet for a week and then start on a new target.
Can confirm, am from a red top media background. One incident sticks out- there was a guy killed a few roads from the office- body parts all over the road (collision with a truck). Photographers leapt straight into action taking photos of the mess on the road and journos at the scene getting the deets. On the one hand I get it, that’s their job…. But on the other, where’s your humanity. Hence why I now work in a different sector.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I have a half serious theory that the reason they made Barry Scott shout was to get the attention of housewives who have the tv on in the background while sorting out the kids/ cleaning.
It upsets me so much that BARRY SCOTT is just a character and not a real person who goes around shouting all day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
So, Daniella Westcrack has been “flaunting her amazing body” and “frolicking on the beach” (I wish I knew how to frolic). It really is a case of nice legs shame about the face! If you zoom in she looks like a dinner lady in a deprived school. So grim. Sorry that it’s a Scum link

this is my particular favourite: View attachment 2028761
What a coincidence that The S*n happened to have a photographer, with their camera on hand, right at the time Daniela Westbrook was frolicking nearby on an otherwise desolate beach. Not suggesting it was a staged PR shot or owt, but wow! What a coincidence.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Isn't Westbrook in the frame for scamming some old fella? What happened with that?

Reactions: 16
Been finishing ‘You’ this week and fell down a Penn Badgely shaped rabbit hole. The interesting snippets I found involved, and I quote ‘spanking women until they barked’ and ‘probably asked for less sex scenes this season as he was knocking off the girl who played Love Quinn in the last one and his wife out her foot down’.

Both rumour obviously. He kind of looks homeless this season.
Oh, no. I only just got into You, never watched Gossip Girl, etc. I really like his adorkable, centrist dad persona. 😞

Reactions: 1
Can confirm, am from a red top media background. One incident sticks out- there was a guy killed a few roads from the office- body parts all over the road (collision with a truck). Photographers leapt straight into action taking photos of the mess on the road and journos at the scene getting the deets. On the one hand I get it, that’s their job…. But on the other, where’s your humanity. Hence why I now work in a different sector.
I felt, then and now, that they did it to Paula Yates. The hatred and harassment she got was relentless, OTT and really, really ugly. She didn't help herself and could have made better choices but Bob was no angel, either.

Michael got it too but it seemed to be more "why did you dump a supermodel for her? why did you break up Saint Bob's family?".

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I was going to say the same about Paula Yates. I remember when she died, I think it was The Sun had a big headline saying ‘Paula - the pain is finally over’. I remember thinking that that was a bit bleeping rich, considering they caused a lot of the pain.

Reactions: 33
I was going to say the same about Paula Yates. I remember when she died, I think it was The Sun had a big headline saying ‘Paula - the pain is finally over’. I remember thinking that that was a bit bleeping rich, considering they caused a lot of the pain.
I don't remember her but watching the documentary what a wonderful intelligent vibrant woman she was.

The media were cruel and targeted her(as they do with strong women)
What they did regarding her paternity and the timing is one of the cruelest acts I have ever seen.
Wonderful documentary.

Reactions: 24
I don't remember her but watching the documentary what a wonderful intelligent vibrant woman she was.The media were cruel and targeted her(as they do with strong women)
What they did regarding her paternity and the timing is one of the cruelest acts I have ever seen.
Wonderful documentary.
Paula's mother Helene Thornton firmly denied Hughie Green was Paula's father when the allegations came out - after Michael's death - (there was a documentary on a few days before the Paula one. He was an egotistical, arrogant monster - he and Jess Yates hated each other)..so Paula felt confident about taking a DNA test, in order to sue the tabloids.

Helene then said later that Jess may have drugged her so Hughie could have his way with her (?!). At another point she stated didn't have a fling with Hughie Green till Paula was around eight years old (the mother wasn't a reliable source, shall we say). Eg, https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/hughie-rape-tragic-paulas-mum-2348279

Also, a tabloid reporter sending Paula her obituary (with the headline "Suicide Blonde") before she'd even died was unbelievably cruel!! Harassment at an unconscionable scale. I hope the red tops behave a bit better nowadays, but I doubt it.

Some people may say "who cares who her father is? she'll get over it" but it can cause a sense of feeling lost, rootless, questioning the memories you had growing up - it's a real identity crisis. Paula already being bereaved, under siege every day from the press and trying to hold it together (she may well have felt her career was ruined as well) was likely the last straw.

"Ladette" culture was a figment of the media's imagination, when it suited them to leer or laugh at women. It wasn't the experience of many 1990s females.

(I know there's a Peaches And Geldof Family thread, just responding to that comment).

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Paula had something missing from celebrity these days. A personality, a presence. She was a good looking woman with a twinkle in her eye, a ribald sense of humour, stylish, fierce intellect. She seems ageless. The way she looked, her image, she wouldn’t look out of place now.

Reactions: 41
I was a teenager when the Big Breakfast was launched and I thought it was the best thing ever! I don’t think I realised until watching the Paula documentary this week though what a great interviewer she actually was. At the time it just seemed all a bit of fun but watching back now she was so good at what she did. And that on the bed interview with Michael Hutchence was absolutely 🔥🔥!

Reactions: 32
I can’t help but like Paula. Despite her faults. I think it’s a chicken and egg with the press, intrusion, drug, celeb culture. The whole saga is sad from Paula’s paternity to Peaches.

Reactions: 27
What a coincidence that The S*n happened to have a photographer, with their camera on hand, right at the time Daniela Westbrook was frolicking nearby on an otherwise desolate beach. Not suggesting it was a staged PR shot or owt, but wow! What a coincidence.
I’m sure I watched a programme with a paparazzi photographer who said they were always set up when the woman was holding her hair up or otherwise had her hands up near her head as those make them look slimmer

Reactions: 6
I was a teenager when the Big Breakfast was launched and I thought it was the best thing ever! I don’t think I realised until watching the Paula documentary this week though what a great interviewer she actually was. At the time it just seemed all a bit of fun but watching back now she was so good at what she did. And that on the bed interview with Michael Hutchence was absolutely 🔥🔥!
He was 🔥🔥🔥
She was an exceptional interviewer and did it her own way.
Also I found particularly sad, the fact that she was teetotal until her world fell apart😪

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Also, a tabloid reporter sending Paula her obituary (with the headline "Suicide Blonde") before she'd even died was unbelievably cruel!! Harassment at an unconscionable scale. I hope the red tops behave a bit better nowadays, but I doubt it.
Who the duck did that? That's horrendous.

Reactions: 9
The press truly are scum. Take Savile. They knew. Absolutely enough people knew. They may not have had proof but they knew. They’re happy to set up Tulisa or Bruce Jones or whoever with absolute non stories but they couldn’t have engineered something to snare Savile?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
There was a documentary on Five last Saturday about Hughie Green who was Paula’s real father. He set it up so a journalist friend announced he had a ‘famous TV presenter daughter’ at his own bleeping funeral! Didn‘t take the press long to work it out, it was blindingly obvious as she was his double facially. This was just weeks after Michael had died as well. You just could not make it up could you? I’ve also heard of said that Bob was controlling of Paula. No idea if it was true, but it would explain a lot.

Also GQ magazine had a lovely front cover with a photo of Helena Christiansen on it saying ‘Seriously, would you trade her in for Paula Yates?’

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I don't get the hype over Paula Yates. She might well have been very intelligent, but she consistently made dumb decisions. She wasn't pretty, quite plain, but yes how she acted and presented herself was appealing to men. And Bob Geldolf is no saint either, everyone knows that. I was very young when Yates and all that crew were on TV. But at the end of the day she was a junkie, and she was responsible for the whole nonsense about Hutchence apparently having died from that auto erotic sex thing, which he didn't, he committed suicide, but his name is now forever tarnished with that. He suffered a head injury, which apparently changed his whole personality. It's not unreasonable to think that being in such a dark place mentally made him want to end it. Yates just couldn't accept that she wasn't enough to stop him doing it, completely selfish reasoning.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I’m sure I watched a programme with a paparazzi photographer who said they were always set up when the woman was holding her hair up or otherwise had her hands up near her head as those make them look slimmer

These pictures were taken by her manager. The photo credit is daddy photos or something and that is her manager. So no paps or papers. Just them trying to make a quick pound by pretending she was papped.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.