Secret Celebrity Gossip #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She also had the audacity to witch about Beyonce while wearing her Blue Ivy range.
Another iconic moment!

“Beyoncé sounds like she’s got a 5th grade education - she can’t talk!” 😂😂😂

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Because people just like theorising about everything these days. Why can't something just be appreciated for what it is, without the suggestion of sinister undertones?
100% this! I couldn’t have put it better myself! 👏🏻 Thank god I’ve got the whole original collection of Roald Dahl books!

As for Sandy and Danny in Grease, the whole theory that they are dead is ridiculous! The reason the car flies off at the end is because half way through the film in a scene when they are getting the car ready to race at Thunder Road the mechanic teacher woman (I can’t remember her name now) says to the T-birds “If this car was in any better condition it would fly” lots of people miss that bit and the significance of it!

Reactions: 29
they have apparently changed “fat” to “enormous” which, given the whole point of that character, seems to say much the same thing to me? likewise all the removals of colours, including the bfg’s coat being black? i don’t understand it.

i guess the dahl estate are trying to protect his legacy, which is more and more tarnished by the day, and there are certainly some things that needed to be reworded in his books but…. the books themselves exist, we all know the original versions, the messages are still there, there’s movies of most of them. i don’t know who, if anyone, benefits from the updates.
Wow it seems The Enormous Turnip was ahead of its time 😝😉

• Haha
Reactions: 6
There was a story in Popbitch a few weeks (months?) ago about Patsy in a restaurant celebrating her engagement to an older man. Presumably this is the same man. But yes this recent public announcement is a tad odd.
Whew!! I’m not going mad or suddenly having celebrity visions!!

Reactions: 3
Just an observation but I think this may be the fastest moving thread that Secret Celebrity Gossip has ever had, I swear to god it’s been about 4 days

(I could check but that would take effort)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I hope someone tells us as I also have no idea.😁😁
I’ve never heard of her, must admit.
I doubt she has much presence in the UK, here in the US she's big, particularly amongst African Americans. She was a radio talk show host and had a TV talk show, she's funny and weird and opinionated which has gotten her into trouble over the years. She also has a very strange and messy personal life, is/was apparently a late stage alcoholic (though she claimed other medical conditions) which caused her to lose her talk show.

Reactions: 9
Why is she always wearing white?
It is part of her new upper class image along with the very posh accent. And to look very pure.

Excluding her carrying on with Christian Horner whose previous partner was pregnant at the time.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Apologies for the scum link but these guys are such total bellends. He’s having a go because they were teamed up in a reality tv contest and they didn’t win…..? My god.

Seems to me that Abbi girl had a lucky escape from that plonker AJ.

Reactions: 16
I feel sorry for the health woes and the tit Wendy Williams put up with from her husband but I thought her show was sycophantic, cringeworthy nonsense. My sister loved it and watched it (think it was on a satellite channel? BET?). I love a bit of camp old nonsense or trash telly but she seemed very disingenuous and attention-seeking, not to mention judging others when her own personal life was a mess was a bit rich (though, hey, we all have drama to deal with).

The audience treating her like some sort of Goddess and whoop-whooping her every word made the show even worse.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I feel sorry for the health woes and the tit Wendy Williams put up with from her husband but I thought her show was sycophantic, cringeworthy nonsense. My sister loved it and watched it (think it was on a satellite channel? BET?). I love a bit of camp old nonsense or trash telly but she seemed very disingenuous and attention-seeking, not to mention judging others when her own personal life was a mess was a bit rich (though, hey, we all have drama to deal with).

The audience treating her like some sort of Goddess and whoop-whooping her every word made the show even worse.
Eh, she's a character. I don't expect my trash TV celebs to be models of good behavior.

PLUS she was the only person in the public sphere who was willing to call Beyonce out her fake first pregnancy. Blue Ivy was born by surrogate and I will not hear any debate on it :mad:

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
roald dahl was not a good person but i’m not sure how i feel about censoring someone’s work after they’ve passed away. i just read that any reference to augustus gloop being called “fat” is being removed from charlie and the chocolate factory and they’re removing any references to “colours” - including someone going “as white as a sheet”.

work has to stand as it originally was, i think. aspects of it may be problematic but we’re on a slippery slope if we’re going back and airbrushing already existing books. is enid blyton next?
Enid Blyton has been altered already. In the original Noddy books the “naughty “ characters were golliwogs, then they were changed into goblins. The Famous Five characters names were change , one was called Fanny originally, but was changed (can’t remember the new name).

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Hayden Panettiere’s brother has died. He was only 28, poor thing. That’s no age.
---
Enid Blyton has been altered already. In the original Noddy books the “naughty “ characters were golliwogs, then they were changed into goblins. The Famous Five characters names were change , one was called Fanny originally, but was changed (can’t remember the new name).
Fanny and Dick became Frannie and Rick I think? But they also changed the books mostly back to the original text I thought a few years ago because the update wasn’t successful?
---
roald dahl was not a good person but i’m not sure how i feel about censoring someone’s work after they’ve passed away. i just read that any reference to augustus gloop being called “fat” is being removed from charlie and the chocolate factory and they’re removing any references to “colours” - including someone going “as white as a sheet”.

work has to stand as it originally was, i think. aspects of it may be problematic but we’re on a slippery slope if we’re going back and airbrushing already existing books. is enid blyton next?
I think they should keep the original text in and then maybe have a discussion at school about how language has changed, how things have different meanings etc. That would be a really interesting and educational lesson to have.
I think the bigger issue with Roald Dahl is his antisemitism. I mean he came out with crap like this: “There is a trait in the Jewish character that does provoke animosity, maybe it’s a kind of lack of generosity towards non-Jews. I mean, there’s always a reason why anti-anything crops up anywhere; even a stinker like Hitler didn’t just pick on them for no reason. I mean, if you and I were in a line moving towards what we knew were gas chambers, I’d rather have a go at taking one of the guards with me; but they [the Jews] were always submissive.”
Not saying it shouldn’t be taught but again, have lessons and debates about if you can remove the art from the artist, etc. Instead of running and censoring everything that is potentially offensive they could use education as a tool to make people become more understanding and empathic.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I only know WW from memes. She seems an absolute liability.
Anyway
You lot seen deux moi reveal today? Beyonce had baby number 4 via well paid surrogate apparently.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I only know WW from memes. She seems an absolute liability.
Anyway
You lot seen deux moi reveal today? Beyonce had baby number 4 via well paid surrogate apparently.
beyoncé has had a fourth baby?!

i need to go and read - i’m so behind on deux moi 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.