Secret Celebrity Gossip #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Alison Hammond has become a very, very good interviewer. Harrison Ford is right up there on the list of actors who really don't like doing press, I've never seen anyone make him laugh like this.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Alison Hammond has become a very, very good interviewer. Harrison Ford is right up there on the list of actors who really don't like doing press, I've never seen anyone make him laugh like this.

this is a classic - like you say, i have never seen harrison ford enjoy an interview this much 🤣

alison hammond just comes across as such a genuinely warm person to me. she connects with people so easily, it’s wild that she’s not the first choice for this morning over holly.

Reactions: 37

Alison Hammond and Jack Whitehall are the only two people who I've seen make Harrison really lose it.

Reactions: 11
Why is Eddie Redmayne's wife pictured everywhere with him as if shes some kind of star? She was at the fashion shows with him too, front row.

And why does no one else notice she's a massive hanger-on ?
Why shouldn't she be there, she is his wife not his bit on the side. Maybe he likes her to be there, lots of husbands do.

Reactions: 37
Why shouldn't she be there, she is his wife not his bit on the side. Maybe he likes her to be there, lots of husbands do.
I quite like spending time with my husband too and have been known to attend his works dos with him. Felt it was a very odd criticism.

Reactions: 30
The Roald Dahl thing (that even Rishi Sunak has inserted himself in - has he not got anything better to do than constantly opine on issues like a clapped-out GB News host?):

Point A -

Point B -
0336443-A-16-B4-42-FD-B96-A-41-EA5370751-B.jpg

Point C -
34609-F99-9946-45-F3-8-F0-C-37347-E808376.jpg

Just a mess all around. Regardless of language, most of his books are incredibly old-fashioned and he was a nasty piece of work.

Reactions: 16
if my husband was a decently successful actor then you bet i would be taking advantage of being able to wear a nice dress and go to events with him 🤣

like you say, she’s his actual wife and is likely his legitimate plus one to all these things. eddie r comes across as extremely shy/awkward in interviews so maybe he likes having her with him?

Reactions: 23
The Roald Dahl thing (that even Rishi Sunak has inserted himself in - has he not got anything better to do than constantly opine on issues like a clapped-out GB News host?):

Point A -

Point B -
View attachment 1974061

Point C -
View attachment 1974062

Just a mess all around. Regardless of language, most of his books are incredibly old-fashioned and he was a nasty piece of work.
roald dahl was not a good person but i’m not sure how i feel about censoring someone’s work after they’ve passed away. i just read that any reference to augustus gloop being called “fat” is being removed from charlie and the chocolate factory and they’re removing any references to “colours” - including someone going “as white as a sheet”.

work has to stand as it originally was, i think. aspects of it may be problematic but we’re on a slippery slope if we’re going back and airbrushing already existing books. is enid blyton next?

Reactions: 40
Yes exactly. People bring their partners to these things all the time, Dave Grohl brings his whole family to the Grammys, Paul Rudd brings his wife. They don't have to exclusively date other celebs.

Reactions: 15
roald dahl was not a good person but i’m not sure how i feel about censoring someone’s work after they’ve passed away. i just read that any reference to augustus gloop being called “fat” is being removed from charlie and the chocolate factory and they’re removing any references to “colours” - including someone going “as white as a sheet”.

work has to stand as it originally was, i think. aspects of it may be problematic but we’re on a slippery slope if we’re going back and airbrushing already existing books. is enid blyton next?
I agree broadly agree
is enid blyton next?
Current printings of Enid Blyton’s books (which next to no children read in the year 2023) have already been edited to remove all the racist language.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Ah she's more than just someone from big brother. She's incredible at her job. Not many people can melt Harrison Ford but she can!
She is definitely one of the very few reality tv 'stars' that I think deserves the career she got from it. Rylan is another one. They are brilliant interviewers and presenters, warm and funny.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I agree broadly agree

Current printings of Enid Blyton’s books (which next to no children read in the year 2023) have already been edited to remove all the racist language.
i knew about the racist stuff but if the roald dahl stuff has extended to removing mentions of colours and characters’ sizes, i wondered if they would give it another go 🤣

i had no clue it was happening though so thank you for mentioning it! just reading a few articles on it now. some of the changes do have some merit but a lot of them seem needless imo.

Reactions: 5
Apparently it’s the Dahl estate that have pushed for the changes to his books which I felt was a bit odd? I have genuinely not seen anything from the “woke left” pushing to have his books censored so I have no idea how this has come about. Admittedly, i loved his books growing up but I don’t really see the point in changing them now - surely most people can understand that they were a product of their time (as were Dahl’s views). Anti-semitism and racism are absolutely disgusting & unacceptable but removing “fat” as a description of a character just seems unnecessary to me?

Reactions: 10
i knew about the racist stuff but if the roald dahl stuff has extended to removing mentions of colours and characters’ sizes, i wondered if they would give it another go 🤣
I think the problem isn’t “Augustus Gloop was fat!”

The problem is “Augustus Gloop was fat, therefore he was a dreadful person who deserved a fate close to death” - this is a dreadful message to send to impressionable children.

The Dahl Estate, the publishers and whoever else approved the rewrites are solving the first problem and not the second. And the second problem is probably unsolvable.

Reactions: 11
Apparently it’s the Dahl estate that have pushed for the changes to his books which I felt was a bit odd? I have genuinely not seen anything from the “woke left” pushing to have his books censored so I have no idea how this has come about. Admittedly, i loved his books growing up but I don’t really see the point in changing them now - surely most people can understand that they were a product of their time (as were Dahl’s views). Anti-semitism is absolutely disgusting & unacceptable but removing “fat” as a description of a character just seems unnecessary to me?
I think getting rid of things like anti-Semitism and racism elements is fine, if the estate have pushed for that. But changing language like fat, I don't get the point of. I heard on the radio fat becomes enormous, which isn't exactly better.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.