Secret Celebrity Gossip #105

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The mention of Sia has reminded me of her slightly icky relationship with the girl in her videos. I also read on Reddit that there was a photo of them sleeping in the same room and Sia had her boob out?! Anyone know about that?

i remember reading an interview where sia referred to maddie as her “first born” and thanked maddie’s actual mother for “sharing” her - which gave me the most massive of icks.

i’m sure that maddie lived with her during the initial pandemic too. very weird.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
The mention of Sia has reminded me of her slightly icky relationship with the girl in her videos. I also read on Reddit that there was a photo of them sleeping in the same room and Sia had her boob out?! Anyone know about that?

Something's off with Sia. And after having an affair with Shia she blasted him for breaking up her marriage after he dumped her. Like, no you're 50 you did that all by yourself, you were perfectly happy shagging him until he dumped you.

Reactions: 12
I, Fatty is a really good book about Fatty Arbuckle if you don't know that story: he was a silent film star who was accused of murdering a woman, which led to the biggest celebrity scandal of the 1920s.
I thought he was accused of raping someone?

Reactions: 2
Something's off with Sia. And after having an affair with Shia she blasted him for breaking up her marriage after he dumped her. Like, no you're 50 you did that all by yourself, you were perfectly happy shagging him until he dumped you.
She’s 50?!?!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Anyone know of any good *cheap* celeb Goss bios/ autobiographies I love can get on kindle?

I love 90s britpop era Goss and decent Freddie Mercury stories

and good music true stories
(not creepy Anthony keidis, what a huge disappointment his book turned out to be 🤢🤢🤢, think I've had enough of creepie bowie, iggy pop and led zep child groupie stuff now and had my eyes opened ref elvis and lennon 😭😭😭)

Would love to learn more about blues stars like muddy waters, leadbelly, and women of that era like Bessie Smith, bilie holiday and Ella Fitzgerald.

also real Hollywood stuff from any era: early films up to nowadays

I love bette Davies and enjoy boozy drug murderous stories of old Hollywood but only true ones (I'm not a weirdo honestly)
recently read lots of sid n nancy stuff, had no idea chrissy hynde was part of that era working in Vivienne Westwood shop!

Kurt cobain is fascinating, not keen on Courtney, think I have collected enough data re them!

Ive just enjoyed the film 'film stars don't die in Liverpool ' (bbc iplayer, tephen Graham in a fast show calm down wig 🙌) sweet story with a bloody weird backstory....
Frances Farmer's (1940s B List actress) autobiography Will there Really Be A Morning is fascinating. But bleak.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I find it absolutely hilarious how Sam Smith angers people by simply… wearing clothes and posing.

It was exactly the same with Miley Cyrus a decade ago.

“How dare this person assert their sexuality and present their body in a way I find unattractive!!1!!1!111!!”
SS doesn't anger me. He causes me befuddlement.

Reactions: 18
The podcast Celebrity Book Club is really funny if you like celebrity memoirs.
Fabulous thanks, I love a good podcast, never heard of this 😀
---

I, Fatty is a really good book about Fatty Arbuckle if you don't know that story: he was a silent film star who was accused of murdering a woman, which led to the biggest celebrity scandal of the 1920s.
Right up my street!
I have heard some of the story, pretty sure it was on this site!
I remember the distinctive name fatty arbuckle from childhood, weird when you learn the background!
So many people look at the past with rose tinted people think that all the depravity happening today is symbolic of a declining society but it was always present.
Thanks I'm looking forward to following up all these recommendations

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Anyone know of any good *cheap* celeb Goss bios/ autobiographies I love can get on kindle?

(not creepy Anthony keidis, what a huge disappointment his book turned out to be 🤢🤢🤢, think I've had enough of creepie bowie, iggy pop and led zep child groupie stuff now and had my eyes opened ref elvis and lennon 😭😭😭)

Would love to learn more about blues stars like muddy waters, leadbelly, and women of that era like Bessie Smith, bilie holiday and Ella Fitzgerald.

I love bette Davies and enjoy boozy drug murderous stories of old Hollywood but only true ones (I'm not a weirdo honestly)
recently read lots of sid n nancy stuff, had no idea chrissy hynde was part of that era working in Vivienne Westwood shop!

Kurt cobain is fascinating, not keen on Courtney, think I have collected enough data re them!

Ive just enjoyed the film 'film stars don't die in Liverpool ' (bbc iplayer, tephen Graham in a fast show calm down wig 🙌) sweet story with a bloody weird backstory....
For Freddie - read 'Queen (as it began)' it was revised and updated last year. Amazon product - the original 1992 edition I was going to use for Mastermind, but didn't want to be on TV so never did do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Freddie Mercury's partner Jim wrote a book after Freddies passing, it's a good read

Amazon product

• Heart
Reactions: 6

I always remember when I first heard about Sia, and knew the name rang a bell somewhere from the past...then I remembered she sang at this wedding on H&A!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
'By Myself' by Lauren Bacall is an excellent autobiography. She is a good storyteller.
Take with a massive pinch of salt her time line of her affair with Frank Sinatra though. She says it started after Humphrey Bogart died, but it was well known it was going on well before that.
Speaking of which Rat Pack Confidential by Shawn Levy is a good read.
Ooh thanks, I was listening to a podcast about Sinatra recently. Not sure I knew about Lauren bacall with him but my memory is shocking!
---

Hollywood Babylon is pretty good, if you haven‘t read it, but it’s quite well known. Think the new film with Margot Robbie and Brad Pitt is based on it.
Cool! Look forward to watching it. Can't remember if I read the book, worth a look again though because if I did it was decades ago
---

“Upside Down” by Nile Rodgers is fantastic.

He’s had such an interesting life, as well as being involved with so much iconic music. I don’t know for sure, but it doesn’t seem to be ghostwritten, he’s a lovely guy, so while you’re reading it, he’s good company.
Ooh that sounds lovely thanks, sounds like a hug in a book
---

Frances Farmer's (1940s B List actress) autobiography Will there Really Be A Morning is fascinating. But bleak.
Seems life was v bleak for people back then, thanks I have not read this.
---

For Freddie - read 'Queen (as it began)' it was revised and updated last year. Amazon product - the original 1992 edition I was going to use for Mastermind, but didn't want to be on TV so never did do it.
Fab thanks, I was a Queen obsessive back in the day 👑 but not read this
---

Freddie Mercury's partner Jim wrote a book after Freddies passing, it's a good read

Amazon product
I read this last year, think someone on here recommended it. I loved it, really good insight. Loved the Freddie movie too, was never 100% convinced by the lead, i always felt Freddie despite his campness had way more substance, power and and ( I can't think of the right word) masculinity.
The book was a fab insight into some of his more superficial aspects
I'd have loved to be at one of his orgiastic extravaganzas, would have been fascinating and probably brought out my inner prude

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I don’t think body positivity means we have to look at every single persons wobbly fat body. It’s not special.
If I wanted to look at that I’d look in the mirror.

• Haha
Reactions: 68
Got nothing against body positivity, think it's great to have different kinds of TV, it got boring after a while of just perfect prim and done up types.

But what I don't get is the hog-tied like someone in an Amsterdam dungeon one day, piss orgy the other... It's grim no matter what you look like. At this point what's the next step? Just getting his bits out and helicoptering it round while he sings the chorus?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.