Secret Celebrity Gossip #105

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am watching some of the original Mission Impossible on Dailymotion (remembered to edit the links so no ads), it's my comfort TV, and reading about Martin Landau & Barbara Bain (who were married in real life). Their daughter Juliet played Drusilla in Buffy and Angel.

Reactions: 4
Frances Farmer's (1940s B List actress) autobiography Will there Really Be A Morning is fascinating. But bleak.
Oh yes I read that. Bleak beyond words. There is a passage that genuinely made me feel ill. But yes a fascinating book.
(Warning before reading as it contains graphic descriptions of assault).

• Sad
Reactions: 9
It’s worth giving his and Andy Taylor’s books a read. John’s as open as he can be but I reckon there’s a lot he simply doesn’t remember. Andy’s is juicier.

John’s been sober for a long time and also married to Gela Nash for many years. They seem happy. I was shocked to find out she’s 68. She looks amazing. She’s one of the co-founders of Juicy Couture.

I watch a lot of Duran Duran stuff online, particularly JT. I followed his guitar lessons during lockdown…without picking up a guitar 🤣

I find the way he speaks about Gela interesting. I’d feel bad typing out what my thoughts are as I’m a bit of a cynic and there’s probably some wishful thinking there that he’s still available for me 🤣

There’s loads on You Tube to get stuck into.

Also, they’re touring UK this year. If you can it’s worth going to a gig. I’ve seen their current show twice already and they’re on fire.
ALSO, I apologise for the late reply
It’s worth giving his and Andy Taylor’s books a read. John’s as open as he can be but I reckon there’s a lot he simply doesn’t remember. Andy’s is juicier.

John’s been sober for a long time and also married to Gela Nash for many years. They seem happy. I was shocked to find out she’s 68. She looks amazing. She’s one of the co-founders of Juicy Couture.

I watch a lot of Duran Duran stuff online, particularly JT. I followed his guitar lessons during lockdown…without picking up a guitar 🤣

I find the way he speaks about Gela interesting. I’d feel bad typing out what my thoughts are as I’m a bit of a cynic and there’s probably some wishful thinking there that he’s still available for me 🤣

There’s loads on You Tube to get stuck into.

Also, they’re touring UK this year. If you can it’s worth going to a gig. I’ve seen their current show twice already and they’re on fire.
also sorry for the late reply, I couldn’t seem to get it to send but you’ve got me really curious now, i genuinely can’t find anything just all her posts about him, how does he speak about her? I’m assuming he’s deleted his social media or he didn’t have it to start with because I can’t find anything just an old Twitter account

Reactions: 1
I used to have dealings with Vanessa through work. I really liked her, I found her sharp, funny and self-deprecating. I remember I once told her to fill up on sausage rolls before she went to the Carnival so that she wouldn’t get papped with jerk chicken in her gob. She thought that was really funny.
I'm quite far behind in the thread but I'm so glad. For no other reason than I always quite liked her (again, for no real reason except instinct).

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I'm quite far behind in the thread but I'm so glad. For no other reason than I always quote liked her (again, for no real reason except instinct).
I thought her announcement of the breakup on IG was very genuine and emotional. It was clear that she was hurting like hell, but was trying to carry on and try be positive and squeeze everything out of life, which I admire. She seems to have been absolutely blindsided by Ben cheating, she said she thought they'd be together until she dies.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Ooh thanks, I was listening to a podcast about Sinatra recently. Not sure I knew about Lauren bacall with him but my memory is shocking!
---

Cool! Look forward to watching it. Can't remember if I read the book, worth a look again though because if I did it was decades ago
---

Ooh that sounds lovely thanks, sounds like a hug in a book
---

Seems life was v bleak for people back then, thanks I have not read this.
---

Fab thanks, I was a Queen obsessive back in the day 👑 but not read this
---

I read this last year, think someone on here recommended it. I loved it, really good insight. Loved the Freddie movie too, was never 100% convinced by the lead, i always felt Freddie despite his campness had way more substance, power and and ( I can't think of the right word) masculinity.
The book was a fab insight into some of his more superficial aspects
I'd have loved to be at one of his orgiastic extravaganzas, would have been fascinating and probably brought out my inner prude
I loved Frances Farmer's book. I recommend Carrie Fishers three autobiographies. Very funny while also being insightful

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hollywood Babylon is pretty good, if you haven‘t read it, but it’s quite well known. Think the new film with Margot Robbie and Brad Pitt is based on it.
It was good but then it was pretty much confirmed that everything in it is BS. A well known podcast did a series on it, diving into some of the supposed stories and found out there was no way some of them could be true.

---

Then murdering her.
There were always questions about whether he was guilty or innocent. The woman who came forward with the accusations after Virginia Rappe's death had differing stories. She first accused him of assault then when the doctors found no evidence, she changed it to assault with a bottle and his defense team also got hold of a letter from her admitting she was gonna try and extort money from him. That alone would stop any chance of him being charged but someone come forward and said Rappe told them that Fatty had hurt her so he was charged with manslaughter. There were three trials...two were hung as some witnesses admitted they were forced into testifying against him and evidence was thrown out and debunked and the in the third he was acquitted. I'm not sure we will ever truly know what happened but there are still those who see him as guilty and those who are sure he is innocent and that is what eventually killed him.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 15

What secrets did this man take to the grave.

All A List clients including everyone’s favourite, ZAC EFRON.

RIP Jeff. Only 64.

And a SECOND Hollywood Publicist has died in as many days.

This one “..worked with a number of charitable organizations, but was most known for her association with a nonprofit that works to connect children in the foster system with foster and adoptive parents. She included children from the organization in many of her events in recent years with the goal of connecting them with the Hollywood community.”

• Wow
Reactions: 14
“Upside Down” by Nile Rodgers is fantastic.

He’s had such an interesting life, as well as being involved with so much iconic music. I don’t know for sure, but it doesn’t seem to be ghostwritten, he’s a lovely guy, so while you’re reading it, he’s good company.
I’ve just started reading this, great so far! - you just know it’s going to be interesting. Looking forward to the Studio 54 days.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Got nothing against body positivity, think it's great to have different kinds of TV, it got boring after a while of just perfect prim and done up types.

But what I don't get is the hog-tied like someone in an Amsterdam dungeon one day, piss orgy the other... It's grim no matter what you look like. At this point what's the next step? Just getting his bits out and helicoptering it round while he sings the chorus?
Jesus, please don’t give him ideas!!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I wonder if the Daily Mail will head the way of a lot of online media, and make most of the articles subscriber-only? I really hope not 🙈

---

And a SECOND Hollywood Publicist has died in as many days.

This one “..worked with a number of charitable organizations, but was most known for her association with a nonprofit that works to connect children in the foster system with foster and adoptive parents. She included children from the organization in many of her events in recent years with the goal of connecting them with the Hollywood community.”

Gosh, I remember the death of Ronni Chasen:
I remember going down quite the rabbit hole with this one as there were so many odd things about it. A man who boasted about carrying out the contract hit committed suicide before police could arrest him. There was some sort of scandal with one of Ronni's nieces, to whom she left $10 in her will (strange, considering she was worth millions). There were rumours about her possibly revealing something she'd found out. And so it went on.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Reactions: 5
I wonder if the Daily Mail will head the way of a lot of online media, and make most of the articles subscriber-only? I really hope not 🙈

---

Gosh, I remember the death of Ronni Chasen:
I remember going down quite the rabbit hole with this one as there were so many odd things about it. A man who boasted about carrying out the contract hit committed suicide before police could arrest him. There was some sort of scandal with one of Ronni's nieces, to whom she left $10 in her will (strange, considering she was worth millions). There were rumours about her possibly revealing something she'd found out. And so it went on.
I've mentioned before. I use Reader Mode on my laptop, it's made to help dyslexics, but usually gets round paywall by clicking on it (I often use it on The Times when wanting to read things). https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/reader-mode/llimhhconnjiflfimocjggfjdlmlhblm?hl=en

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.