Secret Celebrity Gossip #105

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When they were on Celebrity Wife Swap, I made my mind up about him then. Didn’t think it would last this long.
---

This is ruining custard for me! 😕
And that must've been 2006 or 2007? Remember Debbie McGee not having a clue what Ben brought to the table, saying him straight he "wasn't Robbie Williams". And Vanessa's daughter wasn't a fan either.

Reactions: 6
She’s well rid. I sent her a DM on Instagram a couple of months back and she replied instantly with a lovely message back so I 💕 Vanessa big time.
He’s so THIRSTY

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Re. Vanessa I worked at the Beeb when her show got busted for hiring actors to play guests with issues.

Think the show was in the Trisha style (although earlier) and I recall my producers being absolutely amazed that the VF team thought they'd get away with it.

Don't think Vanessa herself had much say in the matter TBF.

Reactions: 10
Oh no - I bloomin’ love Vanessa. When I’m on my early shifts I really miss listening to her on R2 when I was driving into work. I think she’s really smart and just able to talk about anything at any level - and generally just seems a good and lovely ‘sort’.
I'm fond of her too. I liked how she took Nikki Grahame under her wing and I remember her talking on CBB about being alone, she said she was in the kitchen one morning and noticed a fox in the garden, and she turned to tell her partner there is a fox! but realised there was no one there, she was alone.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
i watched a documentary about her some time ago and i was so bloody pissed because when her brother (forgot the name) had pain issues, they let him take a break, but when she needed time for herself, to fix her eating disorder and personal life hell ... "no, you can't, contractual obligations, tv shows blah blah." also i think they didn't see her being thin as a willow as a problem.
He was always the favorite, especially with their mother, and got away with everything while she was pulled up on the littlest of things. There have been a few blinds over the years insinuating it was them getting on about her being fat that caused her illness to start. Richard didn't help things either. She did a solo album and wanted to release it. He said it was cack and would flop. I think it was eventually released after she passed and while it wasn't great, it wasn't the fiasco he claimed it would be.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
i watched a documentary about her some time ago and i was so bloody pissed because when her brother (forgot the name) had pain issues, they let him take a break, but when she needed time for herself, to fix her eating disorder and personal life hell ... "no, you can't, contractual obligations, tv shows blah blah." also i think they didn't see her being thin as a willow as a problem.
I think it's safe to assume it's because Karen was the talent ...

Reactions: 18
He was always the favorite, especially with their mother, and got away with everything while she was pulled up on the littlest of things. There have been a few blinds over the years insinuating it was them getting on about her being fat that caused her illness to start. Richard didn't help things either. She did a solo album and wanted to release it. He said it was cack and would flop. I think it was eventually released after she passed and while it wasn't great, it wasn't the fiasco he claimed it would be.
He's always come across poorly in interviews I've seen. He seemed very jealous of the attention she got and then her dying young has caused her to be remembered in a way that he isn't.

Reactions: 11
Oh No.I adore John Lyndon, and I think the love for his wife is a beautiful thing.But this record is dreadful, and is self indulgent and twee.Some of the things he protested against in his youth.
Ireland would have been better going with “ My lovely horse”.
Thankfully he didn’t get picked to represent us.

Reactions: 3
The parents thought the brother would be the star and bugged him up so he believed it. When Karen became the most popular out of the two he couldn’t cope. People remember Karen Carpenter, her voice etc, even if she hadn’t died. But hardly anyone can remember her brother, even his name people forget!

Reactions: 25
Nick - pinch/steal, Berry - beret/a French hat!
Probably best said in a Northern accent for best effect! 😂
Yup. You got it- and I'm indeed from t'North (profile pic is giveaway).
I also say 'at' instead of 'hat'! Common as muck.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I always come into these threads late and idk if anyone will even catch this but hey let's try. does anyone out there have any tea on John Taylor from Duran Duran 80s or current? My interest in him randomly peaked again but I don’t remember much tea/gossip being out there about him, I know there are some things out there from the 80s about drugs but I never see anything else

Reactions: 1
Harry would look a little better without the tit random tattoos (not against tattoos but not a fan of them randomly placed like his)

But the jumpsuit just seems dated, its been done before, and better

Reactions: 21
My friend worked for her briefly and had to tell her about a massive duck up friend had made. She was really dreading it, as VF obviously has a reputation*. Readers she was lovely and they figured out how to resolve the situation, no drama at all, just very supportive and pragmatic

* am sure the 'hate' she gets is because she has the cheek to not hide her intelligence whilst also ageing, and not being a snivelling shrieking violet..
I’ve had 2 encounters with her where she was quite unpleasant to me😬 one when we were both guests on a famous morning show and the other encounter in passing at the filming of a bb show. The first one being the worst as she was really unpleasant to me, was 20 odd years ago though tbf

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.