Secret Celebrity Gossip #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carrie probably married BJ because she thought he was high profile. She got to hang out with world leaders for a bit.
It wasn't too long before the G8 summit. She couldn't have attended as 'First Lady' is she wasn't married.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
It wasn't too long before the G8 summit. She couldn't have attended as 'First Lady' is she wasn't married.
Yes that too, it gave her a certain position of power, legitimacy and privilege that just being the gf didn't do. It was mutually beneficial for both of them

Reactions: 9
This is kinda random but it's nice to rave about lovely celebs instead of hate posting about And Just Like That!

I went to Hackney on Sat with my friend as I really enjoy the Netflix show Somebody Feed Phil. It's presented by Phil Rosenthal who is the creator and writer of Everybody Loves Raymond and it's a travel show about food and general storytelling (in a v New-York Jewish style) and he was doing a talk and book tour.

My God he was just the NICEST man. Hilarious stories and signed a book for everyone who's bought one and answered all the questions. He was just aodrably lovely and genuinely wanted to hug and chat to everyone- he's worh a bloody BOMB so doesn't have to work at all really but is just there for the joy. So nice to meet someone you like and they're EVEN better.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Even if the Caines have gold-plated nursing care, the family no doubt feel the need to be accessible. I don't know how the daughter's plea panned out but I can understand her wish to be able to visit an aged parent.
I see she has been banned for six months from driving. The judge was very unsympathetic.

Always amazes me when people like this get "famous" but good for her on getting healthier. Some of the comments are making me laugh though, even though I feel a bit mean about it!

I never could quite decide if she was a parody or not in the X-Factor.
I might've just commented on this story :LOL:
Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 16-58-03 Honey G reveals that she has completely overhauled her lifes...png

This comment trumps mine, though..
Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 17-05-26 Honey G reveals that she has completely overhauled her lifes...png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
This is kinda random but it's nice to rave about lovely celebs instead of hate posting about And Just Like That!

I went to Hackney on Sat with my friend as I really enjoy the Netflix show Somebody Feed Phil. It's presented by Phil Rosenthal who is the creator and writer of Everybody Loves Raymond and it's a travel show about food and general storytelling (in a v New-York Jewish style) and he was doing a talk and book tour.

My God he was just the NICEST man. Hilarious stories and signed a book for everyone who's bought one and answered all the questions. He was just aodrably lovely and genuinely wanted to hug and chat to everyone- he's worh a bloody BOMB so doesn't have to work at all really but is just there for the joy. So nice to meet someone you like and they're EVEN better.
He was on Sunday Brunch last week and seemed a nice bloke so much so I looked to see if is tour is near to me but unfortunately not.

Reactions: 7
Not necessarily. Assets accrued prior to marriage can be ring fenced and might not always be counted as matrimonial assets, especially if the marriage is relatively short. Itā€™s not always the case of a 50/50 split, and Iā€™d image heā€™ll have had considerable legal advice geared towards protecting his assets.
ā¬† THIS

i spent a few years working for a family lawyer which is predominantly divorce and even without learning on the job I knew you couldnā€™t walk away with half of someone elseā€™s fortune just by divorcing. the length of the marriage plus the wealth of the couple pre marriage is always a factor.

the other myth that annoyed me was that you couldnā€™t leave the marital home and that if you did you lost all claim on it. it was usually the women that thought this or had been told it.

the men usually walked in wanting divorce claiming their wife had never worked, or had bought the children up and therefore didnā€™t deserve half of the assets. šŸ¤¬ They had no clue that nowadays judges view a woman bringing up the children to be of an equal contribution to the marriage as though she was out working - and were mostly furious to be told it šŸ˜‚

my favourite clients were those getting out of abusive relationships, helping them and 'holding their hands' throughout the process was a pleasure. I was actually once confronted at work by the worst spouse we had on file, police were involved and it was again a pleasure to help her case, as well as annoy the duck out of him because I wasnā€™t intimidated by him. I was only annoyed because my bosses told me I should have pressed the emergency button that summons the police but I just handled it calmly until he flounced.

you literally didnā€™t know what was on the end of a phone when you picked it up. I once picked it up to a woman whoā€™s controlling husband had taken his gun out and had threatened her and should she go home? šŸ˜„

I binge watched series 2 and 3 of The Split recently and was really annoyed as they had several scenes where they had the other side in a meeting and thatā€™s not what happens at all.

I LOVED that job and was tit hot at it, but I had to leave because the lawyer I worked for was an absolute witch troll from hell. She was a monster bully but the bosses turned a blind eye because she bought the money in. Thatā€™s lawyers for you, money talks. šŸ¤¬

a bit off topic sorry but I would add we handled the divorce of a BBC producer. nobody Iā€™d heard of but she was very wealthy, albeit asset rich. She refused to take out a loan or accept a loan from friends during the divorce and was always ringing me up screaming that she had to use food banks because she had 'no money' and to get the divorce done TODAY. Had to bite my lip with her because we handled people who really had nothing, she was just entitled,

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I love the shop ā€œJedi robeā€ and see it whenever I drive into London. Always made me smile
---

I tend to go to spiritualist churches where you only pay a couple of quid. The people arenā€™t there for the applause or celebrity status, they do it because itā€™s their gift.
I genuinely say it because every time Iā€™ve gone, my grandad has come through. One time he wished me good luck at my new home by the sea and education (I was moving to Swansea from Huddersfield for university). Another time my man came through and pure insulted my brand new glasses which I had bought that day. They were readers so the medium didnā€™t even know I had them, but she described them to a t!
I have to agree with this. There are a lot of scam "psychics" out there but when you go through the proper channels to see one - wow!
I saw one decades ago who worked for a relative who detailed major life changes down to names and dates and they happened dead on. It made me feel like I had no control of my life as it must be all planned! šŸ˜„

Even if the Caines have gold-plated nursing care, the family no doubt feel the need to be accessible. I don't know how the daughter's plea panned out but I can understand her wish to be able to visit an aged parent.
She can get the Tube. She isn't a star and Michael has paid help to run around for and with him

Reactions: 11
He was a fake, though? All psychics are fakes.

The whole thing was a set up, like the vast majority of TV shows. Everyone knew they were bullshitting from the start. Derek just gave the game away too much by being gullible.
Whether everyone is...I'm honestly not sure. Those that charge the earth and have TV shows/tours are definitely in it for themselves even when they have been caught out like Sally Morgan who was caught having stuff read to her through an earpiece yet denies it to this day. On the other hand, there was a woman who used to go into my nana's work every year for Children In Need. This was before Twitter/Insta etc and she had no idea in advance who would sit down but was able to tell them stuff no one else knew about them and I don't mean the usual...I have a relative here kind of thing. I get there will be people who go it's complete BS but stuff like that does make me wonder.

Reactions: 8
Whether everyone is...I'm honestly not sure. Those that charge the earth and have TV shows/tours are definitely in it for themselves even when they have been caught out like Sally Morgan who was caught having stuff read to her through an earpiece yet denies it to this day. On the other hand, there was a woman who used to go into my nana's work every year for Children In Need. This was before Twitter/Insta etc and she had no idea in advance who would sit down but was able to tell them stuff no one else knew about them and I don't mean the usual...I have a relative here kind of thing. I get there will be people who go it's complete BS but stuff like that does make me wonder.
Magician James Randi offered a million bucks to anyone who could demonstrate a supernatural or paranormal ability under agreed-upon scientific testing criteria. A version of the challenge was first issued in 1964. Over a thousand people applied to take it, but none were successful. The challenge was terminated in 2015. He did an excellent program for BBC4 called 'Exposed: Magicians, Psychics and Frauds'. His TED talk was also good.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Magician James Randi offered a million bucks to anyone who could demonstrate a supernatural or paranormal ability under agreed-upon scientific testing criteria. A version of the challenge was first issued in 1964. Over a thousand people applied to take it, but none were successful. The challenge was terminated in 2015. He did an excellent program for BBC4 called 'Exposed: Magicians, Psychics and Frauds'. His TED talk was also good.
Think I've mentioned it before, but the 2014 BBC 4 Storyville episode about James Randi - "Exposed: Magicians, Psychics and Frauds" is excellent. It's so good, I've watched it more than once. It's called something else on US-centric streaming sites - "An Honest Liar".

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Think I've mentioned it before, but the BBC 4 Storyville episode about James Randi - "Exposed: Magicians, Psychics and Frauds" is excellent. It's so good, I've watched it more than once. It's called something else on US-centric streaming sites - "An Honest Liar".
Yes, that one is excellent. This is also worth a watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Iā€™ve seen Derren Brown live giving a pretend psychic readingā€¦no different from a ā€œrealā€ one with lots of details nobody could have known. Some people are hugely talented at cold reading. I knew a man who could do it, itā€™s a talent but nobody at any time is speaking to dead people.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.