Secret Celebrity Gossip #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember when it was set up and believe the intentions were good.

It is entirely possible and probable that abusers volunteered for Childline. Abusers like to put themselves in places where they have access to vulnerable kids.

• Sad
Reactions: 36
I remember when it was set up and believe the intentions were good.
It is entirely possible and probable that abusers volunteered for Childline. Abusers like to put themselves in places where they have access to vulnerable kids.
I'd agree with that, and it happens a lot (though at least we have disclosure checks nowadays, some abusers still slip through the net, sadly) but conflating that with Childline being a front for paedophile ring / supplying children en masse to gangs of evil abusers is getting a bit OTT - as well as Esther being some sort of evil mastermind.

Reactions: 31
What Sam Smith is doing (with his video) isn’t much different to watch some of the Pop music women do. Difference is he’s fat and ugly.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Even Rita Ora doesn't act like a human toilet in her music videos.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Iggy Azalea is what I tell myself I look like when I have blonde hair 😂
He does some of the songs on a CBeebies show called Katie’s amazing machines (or it could be grace’s because they changed presenter). I love it just for that
Katie's amazing machiiiiiines 🎵

Reactions: 6
I bet a lot of that went on at the BBC - and my dad knew people at (albeit miles away) BBC Scotland and said gossip was rife for years, but some of it was treated as "too preposterous to be true" - others had the mindset of wondering whether it was exaggerated by the retelling. I guess you'd have to be a BBC insider to know the truth, but it's not the first workplace to ignore people of power acting abominably.

Of course bullying people and sexual abuse are two very different things, but work culture can require a bit of tunnel vision just to survive in your job, sadly. Good on those who spoke out about Savile.
the BBC absolutely knew all about Saville, I have said before that he had a BBC minder who travelled with him when doing that radio show Saville’s travels to stop him picking up young girls which clearly didn’t work. The man who told me worked at Broadmoor and said he was treated like a God there and had a master key to every area. This man clearly knew what a pervert he was but it was the management that revered him.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
What Sam Smith is doing (with his video) isn’t much different to watch some of the Pop music women do. Difference is he’s fat and ugly.
I dont know, I feel this (mock piss-play in a video) is alongside this normalising of kink in the mainstream. His last song was about similar themes. Hes really pushing it.

• Sick
Reactions: 18
I'm not saying he wasn't part of it, and Dara overlording as host was always his role. That and being bullied for being Gru/Megabus Man/sausage etc.
Very weak tea, but I know who was in that sausage costume (perfectly nice person). The press at the time made out that the locals were appalled by it whereas in reality we all thought it was hilarious.

It always make me smile when it reappears on Dave.

The Sam Smith video in full is so much worse than the snippets being shared on twitter.
---

And someone raised a valid point on another thread, if it's all about being body positive then why is everyone else in the video (except Sam) super fit and hot? Fill the video with people who look like him.
---

And someone raised a valid point on another thread, if it's all about being body positive then why is everyone else in the video (except Sam) super fit and hot? Fill the video with people who look like him.

Reactions: 22
I've watched the entire Sam Smith video, its not that bad. I think maybe the reason its getting so much attention is that same is a) not slim and b) not a woman. If this was Harry Styles or Little Mix no one would care.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
I've watched the entire Sam Smith video, its not that bad. I think maybe the reason its getting so much attention is that same is a) not slim and b) not a woman. If this was Harry Styles or Little Mix no one would care.
See also, various Rihanna videos

When has Rihanna ever simulated getting pissed on/in her mouth? Please. You can be critical and find someone disgusting, whilst also accepting that they're plus size and lgbt.

Reactions: 41
When has Rihanna ever simulated getting pissed on/in her mouth? Please. You can be critical and find someone disgusting, whilst also accepting that they're plus size and lgbt.
No but S&M did have people in ball gags and made reference to breath play. I think Sam Smith was more overt with his music video. I’m not saying I like it, I think it’s disgusting, but also if it was a slim pretty boy making this video I can see a lot of people go ‘yaaaas Queen’, ‘feeling himself’ and all other stupid phrases people like that use.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
it’s a little from column a, a little from column b for me. i’m no sam fan but i do think this whole victorian freak show “eeeewwww look at it” reaction whenever there’s so much of a photograph of them is getting ott. i agree that the watersports in the video is a bit much while i simultaneously agree that the reaction wouldn’t be so 🤢 if harry styles was doing it.

i see the rihanna comparison below but i think the closest she ever came to even similar was the s&m video, which looks so tame now 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
People have had issue with every explicit sexual video that's ever come out, so this whataboutism is moot to me. Miley was seen as an off-her-head nutter with issues when she went twerk mad, WAP was criticised left right and centre, Rihanna was called demonic and a slut.

I don't get why people are going right for the 'it's homophobia!' reaction, which I'm seeing plastered all over twitter - you make a provocative video, guess what? You provoke people, and they'll call you names. Gay, straight, black, white, thin, thick. Even Elvis got it in the neck for shaking his hips, so for goodness sake, simulating getting piss in your mouth is going to make people talk.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
The article is saying what we have on here for ages. It makes a point of mentioning YMU management, his aggressive PR people and ITV being desperate to protect their big four of A&D and Phil and Holly. I wonder why they have published this story now.
It does really contrast the way Caroline Flack was treated, versus Ant. She had her demons alright, noone would deny that, but she at least didn't get behind the wheel of a car drunk. Shows it all comes down to money and what powerful people one has around them.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
It does really contrast the way Caroline Flack was treated, versus Ant. She had her demons alright, noone would deny that, but she at least didn't get behind the wheel of a car drunk. Shows it all comes down to money and what powerful people one has around them.
I won’t watch anything with A&D in it. I think they are irritating. I used to live near A&D in Chiswick, ant was known to also drink in a bar I drank in sometimes.

Reactions: 16
People have had issue with every explicit sexual video that's ever come out, so this whataboutism is moot to me. Miley was seen as an off-her-head nutter with issues when she went twerk mad, WAP was criticised left right and centre, Rihanna was called demonic and a slut.

I don't get why people are going right for the 'it's homophobia!' reaction, which I'm seeing plastered all over twitter - you make a provocative video, guess what? You provoke people, and they'll call you names. Gay, straight, black, white, thin, thick. Even Elvis got it in the neck for shaking his hips, so for goodness sake, simulating getting piss in your mouth is going to make people talk.
Remember Madonna and Black Jesus? That went down a treat.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.