Secret Celebrity Gossip #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know what anyone else thinks, but I think Sam Smith’s lucky the new video distracts from how bad the song is. I get that it’s meant to be disco-influenced, but the production sounds really dated, in an early 2000s way.

It‘s weird because Smith has a lot of dance tunes that sound a lot more fresh, like with Disclosure. I was shocked to see that this new one was produced by Calvin Harris and StarGate!

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Remember Madonna and Black Jesus? That went down a treat.
I remember that video was absolutely scandalous at the time. Well, as a teenager I didn't get the fuss, but I remember the Catholic church being up in arms about it.

A few years ago I was explaining to my kids how 'Relax' got banned from Radio 1 etc, they thought that was hilarious.

Reactions: 29
I remember that video was absolutely scandalous at the time. Well, as a teenager I didn't get the fuss, but I remember the Catholic church being up in arms about it.

A few years ago I was explaining to my kids how 'Relax' got banned from Radio 1 etc, they thought that was hilarious.
I think Like A Prayer had a burning a crucifix too. Sam Smith is a beginner 😆

I've seen Relax a few times recently. It just looks a bit silly now. I remember it was filmed in The State nightclub in Liverpool.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Which is a laugh considering if he did exist he would definitely not have been white!
Oh lord don’t tell the liberal Christian radicals in the Deep South of the USA that! Some live near me and they have a full on life size portait of Jesus (white of course) on their garage doors. Also have a “gun owner and proud” sticker on their truck. Safe to say I huddle my ass past that house double time. They’ll think I’m a blasphemer with my spiritualist ways

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
it’s a little from column a, a little from column b for me. i’m no sam fan but i do think this whole victorian freak show “eeeewwww look at it” reaction whenever there’s so much of a photograph of them is getting ott. i agree that the watersports in the video is a bit much while i simultaneously agree that the reaction wouldn’t be so 🤢 if harry styles was doing it.

i see the rihanna comparison below but i think the closest she ever came to even similar was the s&m video, which looks so tame now 🤣
Harry doesn't need to do videos like this, maybe Sam feels like they have to to sell records... I dunno. Just all feels a bit desperate to me. I don't even think it's their size that's the issue, they just can't pull it off with aplomb like say Rihanna or Madge

Reactions: 11
Harry doesn't need to do videos like this, maybe Sam feels like they have to to sell records... I dunno. Just all feels a bit desperate to me. I don't even think it's their size that's the issue, they just can't pull it off with aplomb like say Rihanna or Madge
i think that’s fair. there is something awkward about how sam moves in comparison to someone like olly alexander (if we’re keeping a similar vibe) who would probably feel and look very comfortable in a video like this and sell the whole thing more. piss aside obviously 🤣

Reactions: 8
Which is a laugh considering if he did exist he would definitely not have been white!
Jesus did exist. He is a documented figure. Christians just give him a particular significance.

He certainly wasn't white, though, you're right about that!

Different cultures generally depict him as the same race as the majority of the population. Black Jesus in Africa and the Caribbean, Asian in Asia etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
i wonder if this will actually change anything. i do feel for her as she’s apparently genuinely good in the role and this all appears to be her agent’s doing but, still. interesting 🤔

It’s a very odd story. She’s a great actress, so I do feel sorry for her. And it’s not as though SHE broke any of the rules.
However, the Academy claiming that they wanted to conduct the awards in a “fair and ethical manner” - come on now. This is the same organisation that gave an Oscar to Polanski. And have they already forgotten how Weinsteins “girls” got theirs?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
It’s a very odd story. She’s a great actress, so I do feel sorry for her. And it’s not as though SHE broke any of the rules.
However, the Academy claiming that they wanted to conduct the awards in a “fair and ethical manner” - come on now. This is the same organisation that gave an Oscar to Polanski. And have they already forgotten how Weinsteins “girls” got theirs?
i feel sorry for her too. there’s absolutely no evidence that she herself participated in the rule breaking but she’s the one who’s going to carry the backlash of it.

it is rich for the oscars to play moral police though, but i think it’s always the case that they only act when their direct “brand” is under threat. hence why will smith received such a harsh punishment for committing his “crime” on their central stage but they were happy to award polanski when he couldn’t even legally enter the country.

i think paltrow is arguably the only “weinstein girl” to have won her oscar though. unless you’re meaning all actresses in films he produced, in which case yes, there’s a lot.

Reactions: 10
I know!!

I remember I bought Madonna's Sex book too. That was very daring back in the day. :ROFLMAO:
Hang on to it. My older brother received it as a present in the early 90s, and it is in perfect condition still, with that foil wrapping and everything. Will be worth a few quid when she croaks, which at the rate she’s going, is probably any day now...

Reactions: 9

I was 11 and had NO idea what the problem with 'Relax' was.

I know!!

I remember I bought Madonna's Sex book too. That was very daring back in the day. :ROFLMAO:

I remember taking the 'Like A Virgin' single to play in the rec room on my Catholic School's annual religious retreat in an old convent (with ex-prison beds). Teacher not impressed to hear it blasting out! 😅

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.