Secret Celebrity Gossip #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly didn't realise strokes affected younger people, I genuinely thought it was an old person's ailment. I consider myself educated, thank you.

On another note, I was reading an article about Daniella Westbrooke - she's written her 3rd autobiography - and apparently she has bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder and paranoid schizophrenia. Could any of those conditions be brought on by substance abuse? Or is it just sheer bad luck to have three severe mental illnesses all at the same time?
I think she’s probably making that up , it’s another thing to sell to the tabloids for a few quid.

You can get psychotic from taking lots of drugs which if you continue to use drugs can eventually become schizophrenia, I know because I’ve nursed many people who continued to use , there’s a limit to how much anti psychotics protect your brain until in the end the psychosis is always there.

She probably thinks bipolar is a ‘sexy’ mental illness which it’s absolutely not in reality.

Has she got a personality disorder? Probably not but addiction and emotional instability I would guess.

Reactions: 9
🤣For all you Sam Smith fans out there (surely there's at least one!)

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
The DM article does mention that he needs time both physically and mentally. As a good guy thats always going to shine through and he has Katie Piper as a wonderful role model of regaining confidence after facial disfigurement. He is going to become a wonderful role model for others. Good luck to him. It's a bad pic but he still looks..ahem..hot. Welcome back Freddie, us tattlers have got your back! (Slow the duck down though will you please!)
Thank You- that’s very well put! He is still beautiful regardless. ❤I’ve never had a facial disfigurement but I have alopecia which is very hard to live with (I lost my hair due to severe iron deficiency when I had cancer and it never really grew back) so I have a lot of empathy with him. We have indeed got his back. 1 billion percent ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Thank You- that’s very well put! He is still beautiful regardless. ❤I’ve never had a facial disfigurement but I have alopecia which is very hard to live with (I lost my hair due to severe iron deficiency when I had cancer and it never really grew back) so I have a lot of empathy with him. We have indeed got his back. 1 billion percent ❤
I've talked before about my alopecia and the mental health battle I've had with it. Big hugs to you and him :)

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Borderline personality disorder is another of her afflictions.
She's also a compulsive liar. Danniella Westbrook said she had a hysterectomy in 2019 - then the following year she said a tumour in her womb!
She's got a thread on here, she's a rinse and repeat relentless grifter, anything for a bag ❄

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Golly. Can I ask what happened? I'm not unconvinced I had a tiny facial drop when my Mum died, it was a huge shock and I've read both strokes and heart attacks are more common after sudden deaths for those left behind.
One of them the only way you could tell was my eyelid was drooping and I had an mri scan of my brain so they could tell I’d had one.
The other two were more obvious- slurred speech and I lost the grip in my hands.
first one was due to the shock of my mum dying, other two stress related.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
One of them the only way you could tell was my eyelid was drooping and I had an mri scan of my brain so they could tell I’d had one.
The other two were more obvious- slurred speech and I lost the grip in my hands.
first one was due to the shock of my mum dying, other two stress related.
I had a TIA ( a mini stroke) a 10 years ago. I was in the shower and I gradually lost the sight in my left eye. It was like a curtain going down. It only lasted about 30-40 seconds but it felt like a lifetime.

I have ongoing heart and vascular issues so I knew there was reason for it but scary non the less.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Re Justin Hawkins. I followed the band from before they broke big, Justin went a bit nuts but got clean and has a pretty good take on the industry. Settled down, had a couple of kids and can’t still put on an amazing show sober.
his brother Dan had testicular cancer a few years ago but recovered. Also a lovely guy, married with a couple of daughters, one of whom is diabetic and he does a lot of fund raising for them.

Justin is one of those exceptionally quick witted, huge personalities. I recall moaning at him once that he never turned up at any of the after parties I was at. He looked at me, smiled and said “Oh darling! I don’t go to any of those things’.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Is it common for musicians to sell their back catalogue? Just read Justin Beiber sold his for 200million, I thought it was a thing older musicians did?

Reactions: 5
Re Carol Vorderman being the voice of the people, she was on the Question Time panel once, giving some forthright views on the Bulger killers. Loud applause IIRC.

4WIW, passed her in a BBC corridor once when she was coming out of her frumpy phrase (late '90s) and she was a head-turner for sure.

Reactions: 10
How is that more blatant than wining and dining the Oscar voters the Weinstein way?
Grrr...that man. He bought that Oscar for Paltrow. Her performance was good but Cate Blanchett should've won it for Elizabeth.

Reactions: 17
Grrr...that man. He bought that Oscar for Paltrow. Her performance was good but Cate Blanchett should've won it for Elizabeth.
he bought all of shakespeare in love’s oscars and i’m still mad about it. saving private ryan should have won best picture and cate blanchett should absolutely have won best actress. a daylight robbery!

---

Is it common for musicians to sell their back catalogue? Just read Justin Beiber sold his for 200million, I thought it was a thing older musicians did?
it’s rare for someone so young to do it but it’s also cashing in on his popularity while it’s still guaranteed. i don’t know why you would give up the rights to your own work like that though. he’s by far the youngest but i think shakira sold hers too (tax purposes maybe 🤣) and timbaland and one of blink 182.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Definitely surprising someone at his stage of career is doing it.
Or wise. People seem to think that Hipgnosis WAY overpaid for it, and that their business cannot be sustainable. So maybe it was an offer too good to refuse?

Also artists make most of their money from touring and merch now, don't they?

rare for someone so young to do it but it’s also cashing in on his popularity while it’s still guaranteed. i don’t know why you would give up the rights to your own work like that though. he’s by far the youngest but i think shakira sold hers too (tax purposes maybe 🤣) and timbaland and one of blink 182.
I read an interview with Nick Rhodes and he said they (Duran) had been asked. I had the impression that they were canny enough to think "we're not doing it just because everyone else is".

(Big fan, BTW. Of DD, that is).

• Heart
  • Haha
Sam Smith is on Norton tonight. Looking forward to the outfit. Can’t be worse than Norton’s shirt.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Or wise. People seem to think that Hipgnosis WAY overpaid for it, and that their business cannot be sustainable. So maybe it was an offer too good to refuse?

Also artists make most of their money from touring and merch now, don't they?
exactly, the money made from songs is low in comparison to the money made from touring (especially with streaming). beiber is likely a contributing “songwriter” rather than a sole creator of most of his stuff too, so it’s actually a sensible move to do it now when he’s still a name and people are still interested in purchasing it!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This picture pops up on our TV a lot. My daughter and I always shout ‘oh look, Sam Smith has got a migraine again’

6714D2D5-356B-4883-9053-04A2D5CC830D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.