Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
there’s cashing in and then there is just scalping fans. This is a dedicated Star Wars event that’s extremely expensive to attend in the first place and the autograph pricing is higher than when some of the guests appear at regular conventions. Signatures used to be fairly reasonable for fans, Carrie Fisher for example was £80, but £210? Nope.
Reselling isn’t so much of an issue as fans will be able to request a mail in signature here for the same price. that’s done at a lot of conventions now to stop the problem.
The prices are insane, I know people going and they're charging £125 for voice actors in a cartoon! Hayden Christensen is really popular with lots of SW fans these days, I know he wasn't back in the day,but he is now, so I'm not surprised he's expensive, he'll sell out regardless, but it's obscene and definitely exploits fans. I know someone who met him at a previous convention who said he was absolutely lovely, I'm sure he's a nice guy, but of course he was lovely, the stars get most of the cash, the organisers take a percentage. I'd be nice for £200 a greeting!
---

Star Wars has to be either the greatest marketing campaign or the great con in history. There's one great film, a good film and a fairly decent film and they're all the trilogy from decades ago. The rest are just throwaway trash. I just don't get why this fan base is so insane.
It's wildly popular and lots of fans of sci fi stuff are obsessed with collecting autographs and stuff. Dr Who is the one I puzzle over. I'm a bit of a Star Wars geek, but I don't get the meeting actors thing.

Reactions: 5

thenorthremembers

VIP Member
we moved house for my Star Wars collection…. It outgrew the old place so we moved to have a dedicated room.
my issue is though I only collect lifesize so there are currently life size wearable suits for About six characters plus a full size Han in Carbonite,3PO, R2, Ewok, Yoda etc. I’ve also got all the sabers 😳

It is an addiction and an expensive one at that, but it’s fun.
I bet it looks amazing!!! 😍
---

The thing is, by all accounts Boris isn’t as wealthy as some might think, although who knows what money he’s accrued, given how duplicitous he is?!
I dread to think how many kids he’s secretly supporting.
I’m not surprised with how many secret children he will have!
---

Dear all, tonight I sat next to Luke Evans at the theatre, and not only was he super polite, but he smelt delish. #happyme ❤
I am very jealous! 😍

Last edited:
  • Heart

Missmopps

VIP Member
Does anyone have any suggestions for who ‘Catherine’ in this surrogacy article might be? The biggest clue is the fact that she gave a tv interview disparaging surrogates who miscarry. Whoever she is, she sounds revolting.

It could be this person, famous mother, popping the pills etc, rural Pennsylvanian surrogate?

Serene Serena

VIP Member
He's been fitted with a GPS tag so not much chance of that.
Will that monitor his online activity? He's probably set up an account on Mumsnet and is perving over the section where parents post about their teenage daughters.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
the only new nepotism model i will allow is deva cassel because she genuinely is incredibly striking to look at.
Oh she’s gorgeous!!

---

Beckhams, it's the Beckhams! Lmao. Ewan Mcgregor's daughters are nothing special though, one has mui mui campaign and just... why??? I mean we know why, but ffs.
The McGregor sisters are weird, they did a photo shoot in their underwear together and it was giving incesty vibes. They also never mention their other sister Jamyan (who was adopted) even though she’s 21 (I know they have another younger sister but I think she’s a minor) yet Jamyan posts lots about them and they hardly acknowledge it.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
This is another interesting take.
I have absolutely no idea whether there is anything in what Chinonye Chukwu says ( although bearing in mind the Academy’s history I wouldn’t be at all surprised) but I went to see Till at the weekend and Danielle Deadwyler was genuinely outstanding.

• Heart

L3moning

VIP Member
I thought Bronx Mowgli Wentz was always going to be the worst/weirdest celeb name but I think it's just been knocked off that spot.
Like I always say (and did in this case) the most ridiculous is Powerful Queen Cannon. Any other surname it would just get a slight eyebrow raise. Even something like Queen Power Cannon wouldn't have been *as* bad.

• Heart

qwikti

Chatty Member
I know a comedian who has been on WILTY a couple of times, and he basically said Lee is a nice guy but gets noticeably irritated if you’re ever funnier than him. In general, it sounds like a lot of comedians from Lee’s generation have that kind of attitude towards the younger guys.
I sort of had that feeling towards him at times, from watching him in a lot of bits as I'm a fan. On Taskmaster, he wasn't commanding the room like he does on WILTY, and you could sense an 'off' feeling from him. But I suppose there it's a chicken or egg situation - was he not that funny so he felt sour that other contestants were funnier, or was he feeling sour so he wasn't his funniest?

sistersofpercy

VIP Member
Only a ginger can call another ginger ginger!! 😂
You so beat me to that quote!
One of the best comedy gigs I've ever been too, lots of his stuff is still referenced in this house, song for peace is sung often 😂 Reminds me, I've still not seen season 2 of Upright.

• Haha

L3moning

VIP Member
The minute she married it was her surname too (if she wanted to use it or not). People expect (especially back then) women to take the man’s surname but the minute they get divorced then they can’t use it? So ridiculous to me.
Surnames are basically a fiction to make it easier to identify people, tbh. It's very very easy to change your surname, and you can call yourself whatever you like. Can be a bit of a hassle with banks and professional bodies, but that's about it.

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Stroke is more common in older people, but up to 10% of strokes affect people under 45. When a stroke occurs in a person under 30, it’s often related to some inborn condition, particularly one of those that causes blood clots. However, drug use is still considered one of the main factors contributing to stroke in people under 35.
Thank you, I appreciate the information.