Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Tbf that’s true, I think I’ve fallen for Daily Mail outrage wording!
Seems a shame because they’ve lost 3 names that I think are really good at their job (Jane Hill, Martine Croxall and Joanna Gosling). If someone has been doing the job for over 20 years, surely you’d be able to work out if they are competent enough to do the job without making them do some silly screen test? Annoying that they’ve kept Mr Hairspray aka Matthew Amroliwala. Not a fan of his.

Reactions: 5

PeteM

VIP Member
It's hard to explain but it very much does exist, you start to notice it if you spend a lot of time in gay spaces -- for me, musical theater. In a very broad sense I'd describe it as a "brightness" to the face, amplified by a lot of skincare and intentional grooming (meaning, clearly going for a specific "look"). It's not so much physical features as it is an energy, idk how to be more specific, but I promise it's a real thing.
Next you're going to say that all gay men are extremely promiscuous.

Multi-21

VIP Member
What is up with all these ‘you’ll guess who it is’ stories appearing at the top of the DM? It’s SO weird. It was bloody Anthony Hutton from BB6 a couple of days ago.
They clearly don’t have any stories to actually write about as you’re right, they are daily at the minute. They had Stevie Ritchie from the X Factor as one as well.
Guess that’s the power of IG and celebs releasing their own news via stories rather than press releases.

Mark81

VIP Member
As a childfree single woman nearing 40, it's awful.

Really shocking that such an ancient view of the world is still so dominant even in 2023 and what's worse is I don't think it will ever get better. It just seems too ingrained in people that these are expectations that must be met or something is wrong.
It is but considering (from what I can tell) birth rates are dropping and more single people seem to be listed in stats etc you'd think it would change views as it's more common

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I have a real irrational dislike of him
Someone, maybe his agent, said he's not auditioned for a part in 7 years, he just gets the roles. And everyone was like that ain't a flex. He's a good actor, but his nepotism screams through a lot. Like he's definitely had many doors opened for him.

Mark81

VIP Member
Disagree on Vanessa Redgrave tbh, I've never understood how she keeps getting work. The family as a whole are average actors at best to me 🤷‍♂️

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
One a left wing and one a right wing paper. Seems a bit odd they would have a story in common, especially on royals with one pro and one anti monarchy.
That’s what I thought. They’re the opposite ends of the spectrum politically. Could have been that they were different stories but it’s too much of a coincidence IMO.

Sprezza

VIP Member
I mean, in a way it is surely?

It's still evil and shouldnt be accepted or normalised and no way should be lumped together with any other sexual orientation, but from what I gather when you see them interviewed they don't choose to be attracted to kids, to them its a natural urge. Which is why you occasionally get some wanting to be locked up or even castrated because they know they're doing wrong but can't stop.
Yeah I have some sympathy for those who don't want to be that way and actively try and do something about it, especially if they've never actually acted on their urges. But then there are those with sadistic tendencies who take some sick pleasure in deceitfully gaining access to kids, swapping stories with their sick mates and relish in the fact that it's wrong and harmful.
I don't know, maybe they be split into separate categories.

• Sad

Sprezza

VIP Member
Agree cold calling is very prevalent and easy for certain people. It's also becoming easier to spot with the clichés that have been mentioned on here already. But there are always those experiences where they give details that they absolutely could not have known or guessed, again like a couple that have been mentioned on here, that stop me from disbelieving completely.
I've never personally had a reading that left me completely convinced but I just can't make myself write it off all together.

Jimmyjimjams

Unrelated but does anyone know what Lauren Luke is up to nowadays?
She was fab, I loved her tutorials and looks like she got shafted by the Guardian

• Heart

thenorthremembers

VIP Member
To be fair the outcry in the Star Wars community has been loud. The event was already causing a bit of controversy over the extremely low amount of four day tickets for sale, forcing the majority of fans to buy each day individually at around £80 a day. Someone on one of the groups has pointed out an additional admin fee on top of the pre booking for autographs and photoshoots too.

As I said earlier some are charging more than a standard con, the girl who played Leia in Obi Wan was £40 at Wales Con last month. Her price for Celebration is £85. That goes for a lot of the other guests.

I’ve met a lot of people over the years and have a lot of very random autographs, almost all are personalised to me, including Carrie. None of them I’d part with as they bring me some pleasure. Unfortunately we’re being priced out and autographs are fast becoming an elite sport.

As for Celebration, I shall still go, there is more to it that a scribble on a photo so I shall catch up with friends, listen to talks and probably buy too much crap, but it’s almost certainly the last one I will be attending and if I’m honest it’s left such a bad taste this time if I could sell the tickets And refund the hotel I’d probably do it and bugger off abroad Instead.
This is true there is more than autographs. My partner had me waiting 5 hours in a line for Stephen Amell never again. I’m still in two minds to go or not i would also buy loads of random things. I was at EGX and wanted to buy one of the lightsabers I don’t know where I’d put it but it looked awesome!