Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
See I always thought Enrique Iglesias sounded like a cat being strangled.
he’s not for me either but if we’re talking “talent” objectively then he’s made an incredibly successful career for himself outside of his father so, nepotism baby win etc 🤣

Reactions: 6

Eirawen

VIP Member
Charles comes across as very naïve (maybe a bit less so now, but certainly when he was younger), and Savile was a good manipulator, which is a combination which suggests you're right.

As I've said, the more outlandish claims don't really pass the smell test. He probably had influence in the BBC and S.Yorkshire Police. And that's all he needed. Probably wouldn't even need that, tbh, given who his victims were and who he was. My theory is that he was seen as protected because he acted like he already was, and the influence he did have was enough to validate that to most people.

And I wouldn't say Savile was "long dead", it was about 10-11 months.
I always get the feeling that Charles was looking for Father figures, he didn't seem to Gel with his biological Dad but was close to Lord Mountbatten and Lawrence Van Der Post who were rumoured to be interested in people that were far far too young for them! Wonder if he saw JS as some kind of cuddly Daddy figure who would also give him advice and fool around with him (not sexually)

• Sick

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Everyone has a right to an opinion, if it's relevant and delivered without hostility or attitude (especially when those asking questions were perfectly civil). Otherwise I dismiss that person's comments with a quick TL;DR - it's pointless engaging with an erratic character.Maybe only really of interest to me / perfume obsessives, but I didn't know Priscilla also had her own fragrance line (I know some people pooh-pooh celebrity scents, but some "name" fragrances are really good). https://www.fragrantica.com/designers/Priscilla-Presley.html

Talking of celebrities wanting others dead (uh oh): Apparently Elvis was so out of his mind with rage when Priscilla moved on to a relationship with Mike Stone he wanted to arrange a hit man (though, it was probably drugs heightening his paranoia and moodswings).

Priscilla's Wikipedia page doesn't really paint Elvis in a great light (especially the "forcing himself upon her" part, though Priscilla later said she should've chosen her words more carefully!! :oops:) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priscilla_Presley#cite_note-gural261-28View attachment 1928422
If you or anyone else is interested, you might like this video Priscilla done with
Vogue last year, about her fashion over the years. She mentions the boutique.

Last edited:
  • Heart

lamaitresse

VIP Member
Sally Morgan is definitely a pushy, hard-headed "look-at-me" type with the hide of a rhino (not a comment about her size, about her bare-faced cheek). Something coldly self-serving, smug and unlikeable about her. She loves to talk about her famous clients - it actually amazes me that her ilk get any airtime or live audiences, especially in the 21st Century - seances and psychic readings seem very Victorian and backward nowadays.

James Randi also wrote a book about Uri Geller, "The Truth About Uri Geller", came out in the early 1980s, (though the BBC 4 documentary I mentioned does talk about their few encounters as well). Uri Geller has the same sort of energy as Sally Morgan (in that he's insistent he is supernaturally gifted) but he doesn't seem quite gleefully arrogant or self-obsessed.

Weirdly, even though the book debunking Geller's act came out 40 or so years ago, it didn't derail his career at all - he seemed to be everywhere on TV in the 1980s.

When my now-20-something niece was a little one she used to be OBSESSED with Most Haunted and shows like it. I used to tell her I'd disown her if she kept it up!

Last edited:

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I love the shop “Jedi robe” and see it whenever I drive into London. Always made me smile
---

I tend to go to spiritualist churches where you only pay a couple of quid. The people aren’t there for the applause or celebrity status, they do it because it’s their gift.
I genuinely say it because every time I’ve gone, my grandad has come through. One time he wished me good luck at my new home by the sea and education (I was moving to Swansea from Huddersfield for university). Another time my man came through and pure insulted my brand new glasses which I had bought that day. They were readers so the medium didn’t even know I had them, but she described them to a t!
I have to agree with this. There are a lot of scam "psychics" out there but when you go through the proper channels to see one - wow!
I saw one decades ago who worked for a relative who detailed major life changes down to names and dates and they happened dead on. It made me feel like I had no control of my life as it must be all planned! 😄

childofthe70s

VIP Member
I honestly didn't realise strokes affected younger people, I genuinely thought it was an old person's ailment. I consider myself educated, thank you.

On another note, I was reading an article about Daniella Westbrooke - she's written her 3rd autobiography - and apparently she has bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder and paranoid schizophrenia. Could any of those conditions be brought on by substance abuse? Or is it just sheer bad luck to have three severe mental illnesses all at the same time?
I'm surprised it's not schizoaffective disorder - the mixed type has the symptoms of schizophrenia, depression and mania during an episode. It has a high comorbidity (co-occurrence) with several forms of substance use disorders and with anxiety disorders.

• Heart

EddyDarling

VIP Member
Iggy Azalea is what I tell myself I look like when I have blonde hair 😂
He does some of the songs on a CBeebies show called Katie’s amazing machines (or it could be grace’s because they changed presenter). I love it just for that
Katie's amazing machiiiiiines 🎵

Irena

@Blurp JM's been off grid so it's a good time to just nip back in to the threads. It's easy to catch up.

House of Tea

VIP Member
I don’t know anything about drugs but why was he living in Thailand. Are drugs easier to access there? It’s a beautiful country, he might have just wanted a chilled life, with good weather. But wondering if a certain lifestyle could be maintained easily there.

Who knew that wild dogs couldn’t swim. That is one of the weird things he said.

Fishwife

Chatty Member
Even if the Caines have gold-plated nursing care, the family no doubt feel the need to be accessible. I don't know how the daughter's plea panned out but I can understand her wish to be able to visit an aged parent.
I see she has been banned for six months from driving. The judge was very unsympathetic.

L3moning

VIP Member
Hate Minchin’s comedic efforts…..to me he seems an insufferable pretentious bore which in itself is not a problem (see Stewart Lee), that coupled with the fact that he isn’t funny makes it a problem.
I agree, but I don't like Stewart Lee either.

Reactions: 5

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Just catching up so not sure if it’s been said. Also, that Iggy Azalea just sold hers for enough money she never has to work again. Her words. Probably a smart decision to do it now - she has/had no longevity with her kind of music.
Some of her music was really good! But you’re right, she has so much bad press that there is no longevity in her music.
See she’s joined OnlyFans.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I think it was massively cringey the way they all went about it. And Frances Fisher went online and said two nominees were locks (Viola Davis and Danielle Deadwyler) which is against the Academy rules.
the puck news article that just dropped about it makes it even cringier too:

“Belloni states that it's "pretty clear" at this point that To Leslie director Michael Morris, his wife Mary McCormack, Riseborough's manager Jason Weinberg, and others directly involved in the campaign, "broke or stretched beyond credulity those rules about harassing-sorry, lobbying-members via emails and calls.

Belloni calls out the perception that this campaign was "grassroots" and "organic" and says that McCormack knew directing an Oscar nominated performance would benefit her husbands bourgeoning film career greatly (To Leslie is Morris's first feature film after decades of directing TV) and so she went overboard.

Belloni exchanged texts with two separate reps of actors who posted about Riseborough and the film on social media the week of Oscar voting. The reps told him that their clients, "were contacted over and over again, with pleas to watch the movie, attend a screening, host a screening, post on social, etc. One [actor] said they were invited to McCormack and Morris's home several times for events/screenings, even though they've never met.”

i know everyone campaigns and networks and tries to charm the voters but 😬
---

Indeed we have one here. I'll bring the toe of frog 🐸.
aw man that’s what i was gonna bring 😭

• Heart

Mark81

VIP Member
Tbh I don't know why as an actress you'd want to win Best actress, its a bit of a curse. So many careers nose dived after winning.

House of Tea

VIP Member
Yeah, it sounds like he's making it up as he goes along. He was up at 6.30, no he wasn't he was up at 5, he'd been to the gym, it was a moped, no it was a scooter, there were 15 dogs...

I still think he was the victim of drugs related beating and probably thrown over the waterfall.
Yes, it was getting more and more fanciful. Some of it happened but the circumstances were dodgy. It’s his shiftiness when relaying it that piques my suspicions. I was watching it live when he gave that interview, and I thought something is up there.

Dotty Merton

VIP Member
Awww....we could be Just Good Friends...🤣
At Grandma's party?! He sung a song about nana's shindig 😂 😂 😂

A lot of artists have been selling off all or part of their catalogues for large lump sums instead of continuous (but variable) income from royalties.

It's usually older artists, though, Bruce Springsteen being one. Tina Turner, I think, as well?
Can they still sing them? If they do do they have to pay the person who bought the catalogue?

• Wow

Serene Serena

VIP Member
I'm surprised it's not schizoaffective disorder - the mixed type has the symptoms of schizophrenia, depression and mania during an episode. It has a high comorbidity (co-occurrence) with several forms of substance use disorders and with anxiety disorders.
That sounds more like it. I wonder if she's got mixed up? So would she have got the illness even if she had never used drugs or is it a result of drug use? Or perhaps she medicated her symptoms with street drugs to try to feel better. I feel really sorry for her now, it must be horrible, being so ill. Mental illness is still seen as a weakness by some people, unfortunately.

• Haha