Secret Celeb Gossip #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know someone who lives near the legend Micky Flanagan and they said he is lovely always stops to talk if they see him when there walking the dog.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Did someone ask about Lee Evans or did I imagine that? Can’t seem to see it now... Anyway, tenuous link klaxon, back in my yoof I once spent a night/morning after (not like that, there was a group of us) with his cousin who was just like him and said what what you saw on stage was very close to his real personality. He (his cousin) was also very funny and kept us entertained for hours. We did however consume quite a large amount of class As during this encounter so with the benefit of hindsight I may have a slightly skewed recollection of just how hysterical he was. Regardless, it was a good night.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Anything on Frankie Boyle? I know he's like marmite but I like him. Met him once when I was cabin crew. He was quiet but very polite.

Reactions: 14
Years ago I used to do some light trolling of Jason Manford. The good thing about him is that he always bites. Thick bleep.
I can imagine he does, seems to have rather a high opinion of himself. Not a comedian I like (hadn't even realised I'd got his name wrong).

Reactions: 13
The only celeb I've trolled (and I was actually quite sensible with what I said to him, rather than just "duck you, sleazebag") was Moby. If you remember all his starry-eyed reminisces about a teenage Natalie Portman (when he was shilling his autobiography - and she denied it) you'll know why.

Anyone who's read Popbitch for years will have heard the "Tom's putting it in now" story. But, is it actually true? When Tom Baker did the voice of the SMS message to landline service (on British Telecom) a mate of mine left me a message with Mr Baker saying those very words 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Anything on Lee Evans? Used to love his comedy and had all his DVD’s. Still think his stuff is pretty funny to be honest. Him and his wife were teenage sweethearts weren’t they?
It's funny how posts on this forum jog my memory for the useless (random) nuggets of information I hold on more celebs than I ever imagined...

So, I worked with Lee Evans' SIL in the early 00's (he was married to her sister) and she definitely gave the impression that he was a bit of an arse hole at home, who her family really didn't like.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
The only celeb I've trolled (and I was actually quite sensible with what I said to him, rather than just "duck you, sleazebag") was Moby. If you remember all his starry-eyed reminisces about a teenage Natalie Portman (when he was shilling his autobiography - and she denied it) you'll know why.

Anyone who's read Popbitch for years will have heard the "Tom's putting it in now" story. But, is it actually true? When Tom Baker did the voice of the SMS message to landline service (on British Telecom) a mate of mine left me a message with Mr Baker saying those very words 😂
When looking up the Tom Baker quote (was it really that long ago?) I found this old Popbitch mailout from 2001. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.music.miocene/vjmxCb_qu9w

The tale below is mentioned in a gay blog which reveals who the two popstars are on this Popbitch blind (whether it's accurate, is another story):

One night on Hampstead Heath, a famous gay 80s pop star was performing oral sex on a man wearing a motorcycle crash helmet. Suddenly the penis in his mouth went limp. Looking up to find out the problem, the star was shocked to see, behind the helmet, another, equally-famous, short-haired gay pop star.
The blog also adds, (The smalltown boy had become a victim of love...)
Which would be Jimmy Somerville and Andy Bell - for those who still don't know, JS was in The Communards, then went solo. Andy Bell was/is in Erasure. If you're still stumped, I'm obviously much older than you :p

Also from the Popbitch mailout from years ago - and mentioned on that blog - but the pop star's secret identity isn't revealed. My money's on the sadly-departed George Michael:

Which megastar singer surfs gay chat rooms for sexual partners, going under the nickname "Regents Park Bi"?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.