Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lovestolurk

VIP Member
Jings I love the Marvel Universe but I'm not so keen on Olivia Coleman. She ruined the Crown for me. I did think it was partly because Claire Foy was so fabulous but I do find OC very affected.
Olivia Coleman is fantastic at playing the role of Olivia Coleman

• Haha
Reactions: 30

beastofburden

Don't know why I typed "niece", I knew fine well it was Andrew Sachs' granddaughter. Nearly bedtime and I'd taken my Mirtazipine, probably.

Georgina Baillie seems to be more into painting, living a low-key lifestyle nowadays. I had the (mis)fortune to see her when she appeared as a backing vocalist with Adam Ant - she was terrible. I mean, like Yoko Ono-levels of awful. Think she is just trying to find her niche in life, like all of us.

I've ALWAYS thought this about Russell Brand - he loves the sound of his own voice and I can sense a nasty streak underneath. It baffles me why women find him attractive. And he tries to sound more intelligent than he is, which makes me cringe.
Y'know who is the worst for that? STEPHEN FRY. He pretends to be some ascended, highbrow intellectual type. He uses a bunch of slightly less common synonyms and some people just cream themselves over the old big nosed weirdo.

• Haha
  • Heart

Sorbettolimone

If you're a multi millionaire famous person then bimbos look past you being a woman beater because being with them you don't have to worry about money and your profile rises being in the public eye.
I have posted about RG before, my Dad used to play rugby league with Danny Wilson (giggs dad) in the late 1970"s. A talented player, but by all accounts from various former teammates of Wilson, an absolute scumbag, who allegedly treated his wife like dirt, and was also suspected of paying someone to go into changing rooms during matches and steal his own teammates money from wallets left in kit bags. It seems RG gets his morals straight from the father he wont have anything to do with!! Ironic! Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

• Wow

House of Tea

VIP Member
Ecclestone is a very intense man, takes the craft of acting very seriously. I read his autobiography, he has had major mental health issues, by his own admission he finds it hard to get along with people. I can imagine Barrowman acting the fool, being Mr Jazz Hands on set would get on his nerves big time. And if he saw him getting his dick out as his party piece, that would have made it worse. I never really got Barrowman. He is an almost man. An almost good presenter, almost good at acting, almost good at singing, but he has become a household name.

Reactions: 29

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Ryan Giggs has been charged with assaulting two woman, one of whom was his partner, on 1 November last year. He’s also been charged with controlling and coercive behaviour and bailed to appear in Court next week

• Wow
  • Angry

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I work the same 12-step programme as Brand but if I was still swanning around thinking I was God’s gift to the world, acting like I knew everything and trying to make money off the back of the programme that saved my life, I’d be on the phone to my sponsor before you could say “guru”.

I know the importance of making your amends but I also know the importance of deflation of ego.

People in AA have to accept what they’ve done and apologise when necessary so they can move on. Only he knows exactly what he’s done but there’s something about him that makes me think a) prick and b) disingenuous with the added bonus of never thinking he’s wrong

• Heart

StripperVicar

I can't wait for the MeToo movement to hit the music industry. Although, when you think that Bowie,Keith Richards, Robert Plant etc are all on record as sleeping with 13yr old groupies ,it won't leave us with much heroes!

• Sick
  • Angry

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
Jim Steinman has died. I’m sad about this. I’ve always loved his work. It’s so melodramatic, almost camp, and when I was young, you were a nobody if you didn’t have Bat out of Hell on cassette! RIP
1618990341362.png

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Bit sick of this at the moment. Every aspect of the arts seems to be flooded by the children of wealthy, famous and highly connected people. Let's hope this nepotism starts fading soon.
I’m sick of it too. It seems like every young new celeb in town (models, actors, musicians, presenters) is some well-connected celeb offspring. It must be nearly impossible to catch a break on talent alone 😞

Ennui

VIP Member
Can’t bear stuff like this. Kate Winslet the other day talking about her daughter having a major role in a television show. ‘She doesn’t use my name so she’s got there all on her own.’ Sure sure sure. Or Liam Neesons son saying he had to audition for their film they did together. Pull the other one, just fess up that you had a foot in the door that many don’t, and you took that opportunity, as many would. If you aren’t very good, you won’t last anyway.
I overheard Charles at a garden party saying " One didn't just become Prince of Wales through nepotism ya know? One had to work one's way up."

• Haha
  • Wow
Me too, and if your username is the year you were born, then I'm three years younger than you and also an old hag 😂
Oh my god. I’m older than that. My youngest kid kindly calls me ‘The Hag’. He claims it is a loving nickname. 🙄

‘I really regret the press they got’

not “I really regret cheating on my wife”

that sums him up completely. He’s a scumbag
Also he says that there was only one important girl in his life and he ‘thinks she knew that’. Meaning he never told her and the best he can describe is as ‘an important girl’ He just hopes that through the opiate dulled reality of her passing, he hopes she knew that despite him fucking other women she was important, like. And he still spins it to get sympathy for him because he couldn’t tell her even though she was dying because he’d had such a lousy childhood. Blah blah blah.
Not got enough money for therapy Rio? I’m disgusted that he’s trying to present it as ok. That his behaviour is anything other than repulsive. He regrets the pain the newspapers caused her? How about regretting you stuck your dick in other women, Rio? How about actually acting like a decent person and not a plate of shit?

The audacity of that scumbag to try to spin his repulsive behaviour in his wife’s final months as acceptable.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
The fake audience reactions on Cowell produced shows absolutely boil my piss. They even did it on The Greatest Dancer.

• Heart
  • Haha

pipopap

Sadly he has to look at himself a bit too then, he was sticking the boot into Caroline aplenty before she died.
Yeah... I seem to remember him saying she was abusive to him and didn’t he post a pic of an NDA she had him sign? He’s really no saint. He was happy to jump on the “Caroline Flack is an abuser” train when it suited him for media attention and now he’s feeling guilty about her death. His Instagram stories are the ramblings of someone going through a paranoid, manic, delusional episode - he seriously needs some help. He really seems to think that celebrities like Johnny Depp and Hugh Grant are going to team up with him - eh! It’s quite upsetting that people are egging him on, it’s so clear he’s mentally unwell and needs help.

• Sad

Candytuft

VIP Member
I remember reading on a gossipy thread (infuriatingly I can’t remember which one) that there was an outbreak of chlamydia and dozens of people were going to the GUM clinic for diagnosis and treatment. The common denominator was Rita O.

• Wow
  • Haha