Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
I always quite like the fact that even though he hates her, Dave Grohl always defends Courtney Love if people blame her for Kurt Covains drug addiction. He is always at pains to point out that Kurt was doing heroin before he met Courtney - which the fans don’t always want to hear.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
The whole thing just makes me feel so sorry for Liam and Noel’s mum Peggy. I don’t know who originally made this, but it came up on Twitter a while ago and made me laugh.

B7C7BE37-BD72-4CFA-840F-C73A21CBFC51.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

Haughty

Did anyone else see Tom Cruise on Graham Norton last night? He seriously gives me the creeps. He is always so nice and personable and polite and listens to everything the other guests say, but it never seems genuine to me. I remember Michael Parkinson saying how expected him to be a ‘prat’ but he was really nice to everyone on the show, not just him. But it still feels fake. He’s like a robot who’s programed to be a ‘nice guy’ but isn’t really if that makes sense?

It's like he's the actor playing the part of Tom Cruise. I'd love to know if his fellow Top Gun actors really want him round their houses for dinner - I suspect not.

Reactions: 38

MmmB777

VIP Member
I’m pretty sure Katherine Ryan is having some health problems that requires her to take steroids. She’s mentioned it on her podcast. She also miscarried last year so I imagine speculation about her puffiness/body are even more unwelcome than ever- perhaps she has been pregnant again? I think she’s great. She has always been very open about what she’s had done and I think that’s refreshing! She has always appreciated the kardashians, of course she mocks them for comedy too, it’s her job.

• Sad
  • Heart

AlanBanan

VIP Member
I feel terribly sorry for Ashley Cain and his partner. I can’t even fathom what they’re going through right now. My thoughts and condolences are with them

RIP Azaylia, shine bright Princess x

• Heart
  • Sad

hypoharpy

Exactly. Your parents have contacts. Your parents are rich so you can intern for free and live in London so can easily go to interviews/castings etc whilst living for free.

is Roman telling me that his dad being Martin kemp, his godfather being George Michael and his mother being in wham had nothing to do with people giving him a job

yes he might be good at the job now, but plenty of other people would have been too given those
chances

not singling Roman out really, Barney Walsh, Brooklyn Beckham, Anais gallacher, there are tons of them. Wouldn’t be suprised to see ginos son start popping up more now too, he was on one of the quiz shows with him
Bit sick of this at the moment. Every aspect of the arts seems to be flooded by the children of wealthy, famous and highly connected people. Let's hope this nepotism starts fading soon.

Reactions: 37

Thatirishone

Absolutely. His Dad is hot 🔥🔥🔥
Bit of goss I met Martin Kemp back stage on a TV show a few years ago. I used to work in RTE the national TV station in Ireland, he wasn't very nice, rude to almost everyone and caked in make up. After the show there was a bit of a get together in the bar area of the green room, he walked passed everyone and sat on his own with his assistant. A couple of fans who where with another guest a much more famous actor asked him for a photo and he told them no. It put me right off him!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I often wonder had John Peel not died when he did if he’d have been arrested as part of Operation Yewtree as he we also into young girls and even boasted about it.

• Wow
  • Angry

Joexotica

Liam Gallagher is like Teflon, nothing sticks. Remember the CCTV of him grabbing his girlfriend by the throat. No? Because it got dusted under the carpet. his solo music is dull as ditchwater and it’s all done for him did anyone see his documentary As It Were - making bitchy comments does not a personality make. I don’t like either of them but at least Noel Gallagher makes decent solo music and is creatively involved

• Sick

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I don’t think anything will come out, I’m sure it’s injunction central right now. I really do hope I’m wrong though and whoever it is is exposed!
I know this doesn’t need saying but it makes me sick that people with money can get away with terrible things by hiding behind injunctions

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Lurkerlurker2019

Chatty Member
It's the same with BGT. I had to audition in front of a production team. They also made us film segments like 'pretend ant & dec have just walked in' and 'smile and scream at the camera going past'
It's so staged its unbelievable. Time for it to end now. Absolutely run its course.

• Heart

Eureka

VIP Member
Sure anyone can take a decent photo these days with a good camera or phone. I made a coffee a minute ago but you don't see me calling myself a barrista

• Haha

Vanillaco

VIP Member
Such sad news about Helen McCrory, she was such a talented actress and died much too young. I listened to her Desert Island Discs a few months back and was aware that she wasn’t open in the interview, seemed quite guarded. One of her song choices I remember (strangely, as my memory is awful) was ‘Don’t you worry about a thing’. Sad!
Her desert Island Discs was really good. I remember her choosing 'Pull up to the Bumper baby' by Grace Jones which was the song she asked the DJ to play if she couldnt find Damian at a party!
I kept waking up in the night thinking about her kids because they are the same age/similar to my oldest, who's 13. There is so much they have to work through at that age and they have to deal with something so awful at the same time :cry: Poor Damian too.

• Sad
  • Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
You would be hard pushed these days to find somebody in the celebrity/showbiz world who isn’t related to somebody in the same business, be they another performer or an agent, or involved in production/commissioning. And as somebody said already, it will get worse. People who have made it on their own will have kids, and they will invariably try and do something showbizzy.

And then you have all the wannabe models too. Or vacuous airhead like Dame Karren Badey’s daughter, who has had all the good education her mum’s considerable wealth could buy and ends up posing in her undercrackers for a living, trading off her mum’s name.

Emily Attack - daughter of Kate Robins - sister to Ted Robins who are cousins (distant but they know him) to Paul McCartney etc.

Jack Whitehall, think his dad was an agent?

The other unfair route is the amount of actors/actresses who went to public school. I don’t know enough about it but I think Julie Walters said she would not have made it if she was starting now. Funding to do arts training for “normal” people was withdrawn so it would be difficult for them to get the training now.

You know, I have a life filled with mundane jobs, if I had a connected relative, I would do the same. Access to a richer paid and more interesting day job, not many who would turn it down.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Such sad news about Helen McCrory, she was such a talented actress and died much too young. I listened to her Desert Island Discs a few months back and was aware that she wasn’t open in the interview, seemed quite guarded. One of her song choices I remember (strangely, as my memory is awful) was ‘Don’t you worry about a thing’. Sad!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35