Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Remotecontrol

VIP Member
And Bradley Walsh and his son

I don’t mind Roman but his constant telling us he isn’t famous because of his parents is nonsense. No one else gets to just go and intern at top radio shows.
Can’t bear stuff like this. Kate Winslet the other day talking about her daughter having a major role in a television show. ‘She doesn’t use my name so she’s got there all on her own.’ Sure sure sure. Or Liam Neesons son saying he had to audition for their film they did together. Pull the other one, just fess up that you had a foot in the door that many don’t, and you took that opportunity, as many would. If you aren’t very good, you won’t last anyway.

Reactions: 35

beastofburden

Micheal Jackson is another one like Oj Simpson. People made their minds up when he was alive and nothing new really changes people minds no matter how Powerful testimonies are.
Hardest part with MJ is the fact his music is so fucking good. Like if the music was crap like Cliff Richard, i would laugh and hate from a distance. But MJ - i adore his music, he was bleeding good. Like real good.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Coniferhedge

Chatty Member
I’m getting confused again here. I’m old, so I’m thinking of Peter Davidson as in Dr Who and David Tennant’s father in law! 😳😂

• Haha
Reactions: 34

leviosa

What exactly does Brooklyn Beckham do apart from being a professional boyfriend these days? You would think Vic and Dave would be trying to steer him into some kind of career at this point - he's 22 for ffs! He should be standing on his own two feet.
I find him pretty creepy, actually. Every girlfriend he's had, he acts like they're the love of his life. If he didn't have rich parents I think he'd be the ultimate incel.

If Andrew Brady really did send Caroline Flack a lamp, then I don't know how he has the nerve to show his face and berate reporters. He is as repugnant and guilty as all of them.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I can understand why people don’t like Stephen Fry, I wouldn’t call myself a fan, but I’ll never forget his documentary about bipolar, it was back in 2006 (and still referred to as “manic depression“), the guy has really struggled with it, and I felt for him. He spoke to lots of people, including Carrie Fisher.
So I’ll always have a soft spot for him for taking about, and explaining mental illness at a time when it wasn’t talked about as much.

• Heart

Miss Apprehension

Chatty Member
“ A woman claiming to be engaged to the Duke of York created a security scare after she was mistakenly allowed into his official residence. “
Just saw this headline. You can just imagine the bored staff wearyingly waving her through like any other normal day round at Randy Andy’s pied-à-terre.

• Haha

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Very random but since we are on the topic of nice/not nice celebs I met Johnny Vegas in a pub one night and he was a top bloke. And actually very good looking in real life :oops:
He's absolutely lovely. I met him when I used to be cabin crew and he was so so nice. A real gentleman.

• Heart

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
He is a nice chap. I love the shows he does about like ancient mysteries and stuff, seems genuinely invested in them and seems like he actually enjoys the subject (kind of like Tony Robinson with his similar stuff)

But back in the day he did dabble in BDSM dungeons and cocaine or something. Lol.
In a way I feel for people like Jamie and Richard Bacon. The things they did that got them effectively cancelled...people barely bat an eyelid these days!

• Heart

Topaz

Chatty Member
Did anyone else see Tom Cruise on Graham Norton last night? He seriously gives me the creeps. He is always so nice and personable and polite and listens to everything the other guests say, but it never seems genuine to me. I remember Michael Parkinson saying how expected him to be a ‘prat’ but he was really nice to everyone on the show, not just him. But it still feels fake. He’s like a robot who’s programed to be a ‘nice guy’ but isn’t really if that makes sense?
A few cast members who've worked with him have noted how he's quite intense. Jamie Foxx (pre-Katie Holmes) said in an interview how Cruise would laugh at a joke...and laugh and laugh and laugh. And Jamie Foxx was thinking, alright it's not THAT funny and implied that he found it odd.
I think Tom Cruise is a very odd person, very tightly wound and controlled. How much of that is due to Scientology is a bit chicken and egg. He's probably repressing a lot of emotions. But I think he's doing damage mainly to himself, he doesn't seem abusive like Mel Gibson or Sean Penn. Though I feel sorry for Suri. He chose his so-called religion over his child. And made (or influenced) Nicole Kidman's children choose their religion over her, which is hideous.

He reminds me of Congressman Murray in Parks and Recreation - really polite but totally robotic and would just stare at the blank wall in his downtime 😂

• Haha

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
I detest Russell Brand. In fact, let's just call him Russell which is almost as bad as Barry when you hear it on it's own. He thinks he's some sort of mystic, intellectual pied piper but he's just an exploitative, dirty, phony perv in my opinion.
So many of my friends seems to worship him. I see those pics his wife posts on instagram and think 'you poor cow'.
He's the modern day Rasputin.

• Haha
I doubt very much it’s predetermined who’s going to win due to the heavy regulated rules regarding shows where the public have to vote for the winner. However I think they have an idea of who they would like to get through to the live stages and they may edit the shows so the narrative is swayed in a certain way e.g. some people get the sympathetic sob story edit, some get the joke act edit, some get the underdog edit etc

I know someone who auditioned the year Simon Cowell’s mum died. At audition stage there were a couple of people who were already signed to labels associated with Syco (is that Simons Cowell’s label?) and they had been invited to audition. I have also been told that favourite acts have the microphones turned up louder (on the voice too)

BGT I was also told, by someone who admired and had known for years, about a performer who was invited to perform on BGT. The act he did he had been doing for years and had perfected, it involved animals. Some animals were kept out of view in cages until they were brought into the act. During the audition the out of sight animals suddenly came on stage and made the act a joke, with the judges and audience laughing and making the performer look stupid. The cages had mysteriously sprung open on their own! Something that had never happened before in 15 years!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 32

Gecko_

Very random but since we are on the topic of nice/not nice celebs I met Johnny Vegas in a pub one night and he was a top bloke. And actually very good looking in real life :oops:
I once had a colleague who took great delight in telling me she’d shagged him every chance she got. Can’t remember the details but the look of glee on her face was very telling.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I have to be careful about what I say but Mr Richard has a LOT of skeletons in his closet and a family member of mine has first hand knowledge of his comings and goings, so to speak. This is the same family member that lived on 'Sir' JS's street in West Yorkshire many many years ago and told me exactly what he was like years before he was exposed on ITV. I believe every word.

I remember one female family member getting a Cliff calendar for Christmas and my male relative throwing it directly on the open fire as 'we're not having THAT in the house'
I believe this to be the truth. I’ve also heard Cliff was a rent boy in London and this was how he got his big break in the music industry.

• Wow
Reactions: 30