Secret Celeb Gossip #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I read The Secret Footballer book and he said something like, there are a few premier league players that are just a few Jägerbombs away from coming out.

It’s really sad how far behind professional football is. The first premier league player to come out would need to be so brave, but then it would pave the way for all the others and it wouldn’t be as big a deal anymore.
Gareth Thomas has said he could never have come out whilst still playing international rugby because he would have got so much abuse, and rugby is seen as a much nicer and less tribal sport than football. There is a very nasty, tribal undercurrent in football. Racism is still a huge issue for example. A gay footballers life would be made a misery.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
It is something which does need to be addressed by those kinds of means, but I'm not convinced that it would be. I'm guessing there are still managers who wouldn't want a gay player on their team, which also doesn't help.

Most of the issue though is still the fans, though, I think.

The one way we might get an openly gay footballer is someone who is openly gay from a young age (I came out as bi at 13, so something like that) who then is good enough to become a pro player.
But wouldn't you be deterred for the very reason that others have been?

I also find it strange as obviously gay men support footballs teams and am surprised that clubs aren't trying to attract the pink pound...

Reactions: 4
But wouldn't you be deterred for the very reason that others have been?

I also find it strange as obviously gay men support footballs teams and am surprised that clubs aren't trying to attract the pink pound...
Obviously that depends on the individual. Someone would have to be pretty strong willed and confident for it to work, but it could potentially happen.

And teams do play lip service to the issue quite a bit, with the whole rainbow laces thing and such like.

Reactions: 2
It would be nice if they could be themselves and not have to hide their sexuality but I completely understand why they might not want to be seen as breaking down barriers and so on. It would be nice but some people just want an easy life and do their job and who can blame them?

Reactions: 9
All the time.

Wow, I had no idea. I used to watch it but somehow glossed over this. I know Louis is gay, so maybe I just subconsciously ignore any suggestion he is. Or I was distracted watching it as it's not all that good.

Now I know why they say Gay Men are the straight white cis men of the LGBTQ community 😉

On Ashley Cole, I think there's rumours about Cheryl being Bi and that she was on the verge of being outted after a having a relationship with one of her bandmates. So I think that marriage covered up quite a number of things! I don't know why they wanted to hide that tbh. Being Bi is awesome 😂

There was also a prem league footballer who wrote an anon letter last summer. It was pretty poignant to read. Hollywood is rife with cover ups too. It's sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I'm kinda sceptical about Cowell secretly being gay because back in the day on xfactor, he used to almost tease Louis Walsh about being in the closet (public wise I mean). Why would he do that if he was the same?
I guess same reason that the boys who bully and make life hell for boys who are gay at school often come out years later.

Reactions: 5
Do duck off with the cis darling! No one over the age of 25 is interested in playing that game.
I don't even know what cis means. However, I have read articles where lesbians feel they are being marginalised by the LGBTQ community for being too straight - think it was in the Sunday Times magazine a few months back- is this the same? If it is all I can say is how bloody sad.

Reactions: 19
Someone I know who works in music biz was just telling me that R Kelly is soon to be publicly accused of * more * tit behaviour. How could that man possibly get more disgusting?

Eta: It's also made me think of the post in the previous thread about the singer who has cancer. This person I know doesn't even work for the label R Kelly works for and it got to him... Makes you think a) what a bunch of gossipers they are in the entertainment industry and b) how many "open secrets" there are, and how there is no way people in that world can deny knowing certain things. Cesspool.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I heard that the Ashley Cole / Cheryl partnership was a setup because, it stopped the accusations that she was racist and also that he was gay/bi. Apparently he got rather enthusiastic with a bloke during an orgy.
I’ve heard the same ..and to add a bit more also to cover the fact Cheryl is a lesbian and was in a relationship with Nicola.

• Wow
  • Haha
Now I know why they say Gay Men are the straight white cis men of the LGBTQ community 😉
That's a terrible thing to say. Gay men are vilified their whole lives and experience unbelievable cruelty. For you to dismiss this - and impose cis on others - shows just how problematic adding unlimited genders and sexualities is.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
So do you think Simon Cowell really did have an accident with the the quad bike or was it a cover up for something else?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.