Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
It’s a lot more that just bad Botox with Simon. He’s lost a ridiculous amount of weight, and despite what we are being told that’s not down to a vegan diet. It’s a myth vegans are all very thin and and ill looking,
Can confirm. Fat vegan here.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89

Emmadale

VIP Member
Very minor tea but several years ago a friend used to work in airport security at Heathrow where they check passports.
Nicole Sherzinger came through and when my friend asked her occupation she said ‘Judge.’ 🤣
Yeah love...I think X factor judge is a bit different to actual judge!

• Haha
Reactions: 80

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
Apparently a rather uncouth nickname for Tom Harwood passes round the Commons Bar.

Also, this thread makes me realise I have so much low level celebrity gossip that people might appreciate...

• I work in PR and one of my clients used to be a motorcycle manufacturer. James McAvoy wanted a freebie from us in return for a few social media posts. He's so short we had to specially lower the seat of one the models, and he still managed to fall off it and ruin the paintwork
  • Did an internship at a radio station and was there when Jason Donovan came in to be interviewed. He's very short and leathery and was wearing the biggest hat you've ever seen. His publicist presented a massive long list of questions we weren't allowed to ask him, including anything pertaining to his soap career
  • Was at the same club in Manchester as Chelsee Healey one night. Lovely girl but loves very frequent trips to the bathroom
  • DJ Trevor Nelson wears the most enormous stacked cuban heels
  • I know a cameraman who has worked with a lot of high profile names. Apparently Victoria Beckham is divine, and she remembered he'd had a cold and the name of his baby son when she worked with him again a few months later. Peter Kay, on the other hand, is a mega bell-end

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
When I worked in a private hospital, I took great delight in admitting famous people, and asking them what their occupation was. The stunned look of disbelief on certain celeb's faces was a joy to behold. The only name I will say in relation to my time working there is Stuart Hall, an absolute bellend, and I can still hear his plummy voice bellowing 'educate yourself, nursey, you should know who I am!' Yeah, Stuart, you're a convicted paedophile.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 68

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Nikki should never really have been on Big Brother. She auditioned for one of the early series, BB3 I think, and got quite far in the audition process but was rejected when the producers found out about her history . By the time BB6 came around they didn’t care and were far more interested in chasing ratings and getting headlines and so they put her in and then we were all encouraged to laugh at her behaviour. Because of her illness she was still emotionally stuck at about eight years old and that’s why she behaved like she did, but she was presented as a spoiled brat. It makes me quite angry, it’s the same as what we’ve said about the X Factor where vulnerable people were put on TV so we could laugh at them. There was a guy called Shebaz in Nikki’s series who was also very vulnerable and troubled, and the housemates all ganged up on him while he had some kind of meltdown and then he was removed.

Kerry Katona tried to get on every Channel 4 series of CBB, but failed the psych tests. By the time the show went to Five they’d got rid of them and she got on. I loved Big Brother, but it really exploited a lot of people who should never have been put in that position.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 65

WestSideIsDaBest

I remember rylan did a few emergency covers on this morning. He was really really good, they did a phone in on depression I think, and he came across really well. My view of him changed completely he seemed really lovely and genuine he was worth so much more than the showbiz section.

• Heart
Reactions: 63

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Nikki spent pretty much all of her teens in hospital. She was close to death at one point and had a feeding tube put in her stomach which she ripped out. She also took an overdose of pills she stole from the nurses. She was as ill as its possible to be. It’s left her infertile and suffering with osteoporosis. I don’t think she’s ever had a period because she didn’t go through puberty.

And yet Endemol put her on television so we could all laugh at her. I like to think it would never happen now, but Im not convinced.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 61

Mcomics

Chatty Member
I'm maybe going to be slightly against the grain here, but I try my best to understand the many sexual orientations there seem to be. But I really disagree with people having to come out, if I went for a job in an office they couldn't ask me my sexual orientation, it's my business, & I get the role model example but why should anyone have to announce their sexual preference to the world?. You don't meet new friends & say hi I'm marvel & I'm gay/straight etc.. let people live their best lives, I hate that Gareth Thomas had to come out because of the papers, it really grates that anyone should be forced into something.

• Heart
Reactions: 59

lamaitresse

VIP Member
Bit rich of the DM to be running this story, all innocent like 🤥
It's interesting there's the story about the poor woman who was abducted (Sarah Everard) all over the news - women online sharing their stories about when they've felt unsafe walking home at night (I have a few stories, and I was actually grabbed from behind years ago) - yet on the Charlotte Church DM story there's men commenting "it's banter" and "I take it she has something to sell?", conveniently ignoring a much older man acting like a creep to a teenage girl.

Educate your sons not to be arseholes, goddamit. Women shouldn't have to protect themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Haven’t kept up with this one or the last few threads so sorry if she’s been mentioned already but does anyone have any goss about the late Tara Palmer Tomkinson?
No gos but she accidentally pushed passed someone I know. My mate was outraged (long queue, been waiting ages blah blah) and tweeted her anger.

TPT somehow heard about my friend being upset, tracked down her number and called her up to apologise explaining she hadn’t realised she’d queue jumped.
Kudos to TPT

• Heart
Reactions: 54

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Tattle comes in for a lot of stick but I love how supportive people are. Considering we’re all a load of trolls and nasty bastards, there’s a lot of compassion and empathy and I love it ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 53

lalalanded

VIP Member
I think adult men who play football are too mature to come out as "non-binary" or "pan". That's generally the remit of teenagers who don't fit in.

It's harmful that we can't have a mature conversation about homosexuality in football without bringing 1001 sexualities and genders into it.
Wow, your comment is plain wrong and for what's it's worth, not particularly kind.

• Haha
Reactions: 50

Chateau Marmont

Louise Redknapp is really annoying me just now. Every single day there is a new woe is me piece as she promotes her stupid book. I'd normally feel very sorry for someone who talks about thinking of stepping in front of a bus and OCD but she's so desperate I just get annoyed. She seems to think nothing of her boys, for whom it can't be easy to see their mum not just pouring out every single detail of her life but the sexy photoshoots/videos.

If not for Covid, I'd suggest actual mental health therapy and a change of scenery for her rather than the constant sobbing in the media.

• Sad
Reactions: 49

Sorbettolimone

I felt so sorry for his wife - but then she obviously knew and Holly knew and even Joan Collins knew and he kept on being rewarded for living a lie. I really dislike him and avoid any program he is in. However, I do like Rylan and Ruth and Eamonn.
Even I knew! 😂 i have posted this before, so apologies for repeating My other half, in the early 90's, holidayed in Cornwall and stayed at the guesthouse of one on Schofield's relatives, who mentioned that Philip was gay and had a boyfriend! Totally agree, dont pretend you've suffered, tortured living a lie and in the next breath continue with said lie, by only admitting to whatever suits your greed/power narrative the most!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 47

lamaitresse

VIP Member
Even I knew! 😂 i have posted this before, so apologies for repeating My other half, in the early 90's, holidayed in Cornwall and stayed at the guesthouse of one on Schofield's relatives, who mentioned that Philip was gay and had a boyfriend! Totally agree, dont pretend you've suffered, tortured living a lie and in the next breath continue with said lie, by only admitting to whatever suits your greed/power narrative the most!
The Schofe coming out saga actually brought me to Tattle way back when :ROFLMAO: (from Digital Spy, which as we know has hugely-sanitised forum content).

I don't mind Schofield being gay, it's the "poor, maligned, suffering little me struggling coming out the closet" LIE that annoys me. He makes a mockery of closeted people who are truly in despair and likely cast aside by friends or family members, who don't have the comfort of a great career or healthy bank balance (though material things aren't always great comfort when you're mentally in pain).

I get the feeling he's a control freak - he seems to talk about what HE wants and needs, not what's best for the family, or how his actions affect others. There was also a very telling clip out on Youtube (I'd have to hunt for it) where he's celebrating an older wedding anniversary with Steph (about 10 years ago) and there's a moment where Steph pulls a face when he's gushing about how much he loves her - maybe she didn't realise the camera panned in on her face.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
I will never understand Amanda Holden's position as BGT judge and I sometimes wonder if her husband Chris, who is a music producer, has some kind of hold over Cowell. I don't think she's shagging Simon, Paul McKenna wouldn't like it. AH does seem to be the kind of woman who will do whatever it takes to get ahead of the rest though.

• Wow
Reactions: 46