Secret Celeb Gossip #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder why she embraced it so late. I know her husband is a tv exec and they are notorious for the marching powder so maybe it's his influence?
I think she took her squeaky clean image seriously when she worked children's TV. She'd go out but she'd never go wild. Then she got married and started having kids. I think just as Fearne was sorting her head and realising that all that partying wasn't actually for her, Holly was meeting more people and getting the chance to go a bit mad and didn't have to worry so much about what kids watching her on TV would think. She's a sweet person but in the last 5 years or so anytime I've mixed with her she has been coked up, that whole crowd see it as part of the night out routine. There's a big divide because like I said, a lot of the people linked to them are just over all of that. Some times they do a bump before leaving a bar so they look bright eyed for the paps and not all bleary and drunk- an old Primrose Hill gang trick. They're poor hearts! I wonder how they're getting on with the lockdowns actually 👀

• Heart
Reactions: 30
She had been good friends with her husbands wife. She told her “watch out someone will try to steal him” Then proceeded to have an affair with him. Her son in law says he saw him later go into his former wife’s bedroom at night, thinking nobody saw him.
One of his kids from his first marriage said in all the years she had visited Esther she’d never been offered a cup of tea.
Des made a documentary in which he seemed overly interested in a young girls sex life. He appeared sleazy.

When first wife died, later in the year Esther held a party for her birthday, and was asked in a series of quiz questions so everybody’s attention would be on her “what went up this year?” It was a shed that caught alight. Referring to the first wife’s cremation she said “Des ‘s first wife!” She related this story herself in an interview, so must have been quite pleased with her quip.
But then she did say herself in IACGMOOH, she’s never been able to feel any guilt.
People who can't feel guilt are sociopaths. It's one of the symptoms. I remember reading a lot of sinister rumours about her on those sites that discussed secret child abuse rings and secret societies. One rumour was that she had the body of a child buried in her garden. I can't remember the details or the particular website.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I think she took her squeaky clean image seriously when she worked children's TV. She'd go out but she'd never go wild. Then she got married and started having kids. I think just as Fearne was sorting her head and realising that all that partying wasn't actually for her, Holly was meeting more people and getting the chance to go a bit mad and didn't have to worry so much about what kids watching her on TV would think. She's a sweet person but in the last 5 years or so anytime I've mixed with her she has been coked up, that whole crowd see it as part of the night out routine. There's a big divide because like I said, a lot of the people linked to them are just over all of that. Some times they do a bump before leaving a bar so they look bright eyed for the paps and not all bleary and drunk- an old Primrose Hill gang trick. They're poor hearts! I wonder how they're getting on with the lockdowns actually 👀
It's interesting because a lot of the Primrose Hill gang are now juicing and namaste. I'm sure it's just another extreme but it's interesting because she does knock around with those people who I imagine are desperately trying to stay sober.

Reactions: 15
It's interesting because a lot of the Primrose Hill gang are now juicing and namaste. I'm sure it's just another extreme but it's interesting because she does knock around with those people who I imagine are desperately trying to stay sober.
Yep, she definitely does have some friends who are big into "wellness" or people who just enjoy normal nights out but she wouldn't be as crazy about them. I think with Holly and Fearne the contrast caused them to lose touch really. Holly would have more time for the people who would party with her. I suppose we all have to blow off some steam! I do think they still talk, though. Just not the bezzies they were before- no dramatic fall out. Fearne seems to hint at it sometimes, that she just isn't about that life and has lost touch with friends because it's not healthy for her to be around. Lily Allen is the same- she just has to cut herself clean off from anyone that's likely to pull her back into the craziness.

Fearne Cotton does the Happy Place podcasts and I have to admit, she does it well. If you're feeling a bit pissed off, or downright unhappy and depressed, it's like talking to a good friend. She comes across as down to earth and ordinary - although I doubt her life is anything but ordinary, with her husband's Rolling Stone dad and all that entails. Jesse got sober in 2016, and apparently has remained so since. So definitely not on the invite list for a night out with Holly.

Fearne Cotton does the Happy Place podcasts and I have to admit, she does it well. If you're feeling a bit pissed off, or downright unhappy and depressed, it's like talking to a good friend. She comes across as down to earth and ordinary - although I doubt her life is anything but ordinary, with her husband's Rolling Stone dad and all that entails. Jesse got sober in 2016, and apparently has remained so since. So definitely not on the invite list for a night out with Holly.
She's a genuinely solid, kind and extremely intelligent and curious person. Which is why I feel bad we laughed behind her back years ago. We've all grown up I guess. Holly is also genuinely sweet. Just in a more syrupy way! I'd have more dealings with Holly tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I know, it's so cringy and dated!! Joe McGann was my favourite of the McGann brothers but he did a villain role in Hollyoaks there and he was like the walking dead. No spark whatsoever. Can't believe out of the Upper Hand cast Kellie Bright is now the one with the biggest career (not in a mean way, I love her in EE, it's just strange the way the chips fall).
Oh noooo Paul Mccan for me, especially in "Withnail and I" 😍😋

• Heart
Reactions: 14
People who can't feel guilt are sociopaths. It's one of the symptoms. I remember reading a lot of sinister rumours about her on those sites that discussed secret child abuse rings and secret societies. One rumour was that she had the body of a child buried in her garden. I can't remember the details or the particular website.
I've read about these rumours before too - I've also heard (from someone who vaguely knew her thru fundraisers they'd both participated in) that she's a lesbian

Reactions: 4
Yes! I’d forgotten about DVO and GG.
Gary Glitter got deported from Cambodia for setting up home with an 11yo and 12yo girl (with the consent of their mother who he had given money to). If anyone has visited Cambodia, you'll know that it's quite easy to get out of trouble if you have plenty of money - we were told this regularly by friends there. Get stopped for speeding - give the cop a handful of cash etc. The fact they booted that disgusting old pweirdo out shows how revolting his behaviour was. He's currently residing at HMP The Verne in Portland, Dorset. I hope he dies behind bars.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
Yep, she definitely does have some friends who are big into "wellness" or people who just enjoy normal nights out but she wouldn't be as crazy about them. I think with Holly and Fearne the contrast caused them to lose touch really. Holly would have more time for the people who would party with her. I suppose we all have to blow off some steam! I do think they still talk, though. Just not the bezzies they were before- no dramatic fall out. Fearne seems to hint at it sometimes, that she just isn't about that life and has lost touch with friends because it's not healthy for her to be around. Lily Allen is the same- she just has to cut herself clean off from anyone that's likely to pull her back into the craziness.
I randomly found out the other day that Lily Allen is married to the guy who plays Jim Hopper in Stranger Things. My husband and I were pretty shocked as they don’t seem like people who would go together. Apparently met on a Celeb dating site and got married in Vegas last year with just her girls from her first marriage there.
Probably common knowledge or no one cares if they don’t watch Stranger Things (he’s probably got a massive CV but that’s the only thing I know him from) but he’s my absolute favourite character!

Reactions: 8
I've been told they have quite a normal relationship in that when they hit a bump, they work on it rather than just divorcing at the first sign of trouble. They didn't "put up" with each other's tit either, which a lot of couples do. I met her at her concert in Wembley a few years ago and she is *breathtakingly* beautiful like, goddess territory but she's so rambunctious, in a great wah, that you come crashing back down to earth pretty quickly 😆
I think she has the most amazing bone structure - reminds me a bit of Jamie Lee Curtis, she's stunning. Also not afraid to stand up for what she believes in, wasn't it her who refused to play at Prince Harry's birthday party because he hunted?

Reactions: 17
Sorry to refer back to the Birds of a Feather drama, but I remember when Linda Robson was mugged in broad daylight. They nicked her bag, which was full of dog poo! Karma rules!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Fearne Cotton gave an interview to The Guardian in December where she says she has been completely dropped by TV - she hasn't had an offer for over a year. Also she was dropped last year and replaced on a 'major' show with 'no explanation'. Does she mean Celebrity Juice? I thought she left it of her own accord. Which other programme would she mean?

Reactions: 17
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.