Secret Celeb Gossip #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if the Simon Cowell "heated discussion" is fall out from the Max Clifford documentary that was on telly recently? That was my first thought, anyway.

I listened to Louis Theroux being interviewed by Adam Buxton (I know, sorry, mentioning Buckles AGAIN, but I listen to loads of podcasts these days) - from a live appearance a few years ago. Louis said Max Clifford told his producer off-camera that Cowell paid him lots of money for his faux-romances and to keep "certain things" out the papers. When Louis said, Well, you've said that to my producer, of course I'm now going to ask you about it, Max's demeanour changed for the worse.

Later on, Mr Theroux reckoned Max fed silly negative made up stories about him to the press as revenge - one being "Louis has really bad breath" :ROFLMAO:

I feel a bit for Alice Evans - she admitted she has no family or friends near her (Why no friends, though? Has she invested all her energies in their children and hubby willingly, or is there a control element there?). It's hard to know what to make of her, but she's not doing herself any favours. She's maybe putting herself on the righteous side, by taking the abused-woman-speaking-out angle, but public declarations to strangers on social media really aren't the way to go!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I feel sorry for her. She has my sympathy. However I think the relationship was very one sided to begin with. She obviously adored him and craved that back from him...most likely didn’t get as they aged together. To me, what she is doing now is her way of trying to show everyone how much he has hurt her and maybe trying to regain some control. She obviously wants him to hurt too. I can imagine Ioan being very flippant towards her emotions. Poor girl 🥺
Unfortunately I’m worried it will do her more damage, publicly, in the long term though. Heart break can cause even the most sane people to loose the ropes of reality x
She's probably so frustrated because she's not getting any answers from him. He sounds emotionally unavailable (obviously, he's divorcing her), she most likely wants to rant and rave and have it out with him but he's ignoring her or shutting down. So she needs to vent over social media (she must want him to read it all, to see what he's done to her feelings). I feel very bad for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She's probably so frustrated because she's not getting any answers from him. He sounds emotionally unavailable (obviously, he's divorcing her), she most likely wants to rant and rave and have it out with him but he's ignoring her or shutting down. So she needs to vent over social media (she must want him to read it all, to see what he's done to her feelings). I feel very bad for her.
Yes that sounds likely. Hes disengaged completely so the SM thing is a way into get him to take notice of her. Shame if hes done that as they have children they surely need to talk about? Maybe hes leaving it with the lawyers to do the legalities of alimony and custody ( although apparently he barely lived with them as he was away working all the time)

Reactions: 4
My friend took my on a spa day years ago at centre parks, whilst there we thought we’d use the pool
And rapids etc, anyway the rapids and slides went all the way round the outside. I was having a great time (aged around 19) and from going fdowm face first I stood up and my bikini top had come down, as I stood up it was right in front of a life guard. He proceeded to radio around the whole pool and all life guards were staring at me as I got onto the building 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Haven't Alice and Ioan been in the U.S ages? Does she not know any other ex-pats or become friends with the mums at her kids school or have friends in the U.K she can turn too? If not then that would be very draining on a relationship, and not healthy. Why did he suddenly leave her? And is divorcing her so soon.

Reactions: 7
Haven't Alice and Ioan been in the U.S ages? Does she not know any other ex-pats or become friends with the mums at her kids school or have friends in the U.K she can turn too? If not then that would be very draining on a relationship, and not healthy. Why did he suddenly leave her? And is divorcing her so soon.
If she was a friend of mine, I'd be rushing round (mask on, hand sanitiser in hand, covid vaccine card pinned to my coat) to give her the support she so obviously needs. She's crying out for help. I really hope she has someone in real life to help her through this.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I wonder if the Simon Cowell "heated discussion" is fall out from the Max Clifford documentary that was on telly recently? That was my first thought, anyway.

I listened to Louis Theroux being interviewed by Adam Buxton (I know, sorry, mentioning Buckles AGAIN, but I listen to loads of podcasts these days) - from a live appearance a few years ago. Louis said Max Clifford told his producer off-camera that Cowell paid him lots of money for his faux-romances and to keep "certain things" out the papers. When Louis said, Well, you've said that to my producer, of course I'm now going to ask you about it, Max's demeanour changed for the worse.

Later on, Mr Theroux reckoned Max fed silly negative made up stories about him to the press as revenge - one being "Louis has really bad breath" :ROFLMAO:

I feel a bit for Alice Evans - she admitted she has no family or friends near her (Why no friends, though? Has she invested all her energies in their children and hubby willingly, or is there a control element there?). It's hard to know what to make of her, but she's not doing herself any favours. She's maybe putting herself on the righteous side, by taking the abused-woman-speaking-out angle, but public declarations to strangers on social media really aren't the way to go!
Unpopular opinion, but I’m beginning to think Louis Theroux is as bigger bullshitter as Max Clifford.

Reactions: 8
Is she upset at the end of her marriage or is she upset because she’s lost control over him, we say to women all the time not to stay in unhappy marriages, the same applies to men as well, nobody should stay in a marriage where they are unhappy and as I’ve said before he’s been hinting that thing were going badly for years

Reactions: 17
Is she upset at the end of her marriage or is she upset because she’s lost control over him, we say to women all the time not to stay in unhappy marriages, the same applies to men as well, nobody should stay in a marriage where they are unhappy and as I’ve said before he’s been hinting that thing were going badly for years
He pretty much said she forced his hand when it came to marriage and I always cringe when I hear that 'she gave me an ultimatum' etc. It means the man is in charge of the relationship regardless if there is a wedding or not. It makes me sad to hear women pushing for marriage and commitment. It just plays into the myth of 'bagging' a man like he's some sort of prize.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
He pretty much said she forced his hand when it came to marriage and I always cringe when I hear that 'she gave me an ultimatum' etc. It means the man is in charge of the relationship regardless if there is a wedding or not. It makes me sad to hear women pushing for marriage and commitment. It just plays into the myth of 'bagging' a man like he's some sort of prize.
But on the other hand, there are women who hang around forever waiting for men to commit to them, have the babies, give up their jobs and are left with nothing when he runs off and marries someone else 6 months after they split up. Fair enough if both of you are going to jointly own the house and both keep your earning power, have totally equal childcare responsibilties and go into a cohabiting relationship with open eyes but many don't and end up homeless and penniless when the tit hits the fan, thinking they were in a common law marriage- something that doesn't exist. An ultimatum surely is marry me or I'll walk. If he didn't want to marry her, he should have walked. He had a choice in the matter. She has given up her career more or less to have his children. Maybe she should have just left instead of pushing him to marry her I suppose.

Reactions: 18
I wonder what he's had done? Because we've all seen too much filler and bad facelifts but this is next level!! It's made him look like a sinister bad guy and possible burns victim.
I think he’s just sold his soul to Beelzebub, and that’s the resultant face you get.

I’ve had a similar situation with my breast exposed. Not with a Tom though. I had been chasing my pet chinchilla around the house and it flopped out in the fluster. Baffles me why they don’t just tell you rather than being all awkward. If a guys piece was hanging out by mistake I’d tell them 🤷🏼‍♀️
Didn’t you feel draughty?

I honestly don't get why people are embarrassed telling people things like that.
It’s not sisterly not to tell a woman or young girl.

Got to be a small man, so... OJ?
Simpson? Bloody hell is he on BBC now?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Ah, the Danny Dyer technique (apparently his long-suffering partner Joanne proposed to him and I get the feeling she puts up with a LOT). Though I wouldn't want to be in the same postcode as him!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Captain Black is substantially less evil than Cowell.
That’s rather flattering to Cowell, he has the same hard wooden appearance, but Captain Black is/was handsome for a puppet, and has a touch more humanity about it.
Anyone remember Alan Hansen he was the double of Captain Scarlet.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Feel kinda sorry for Alice Evans. I don’t agree with her being so public (as in that’s not something I would do and I wonder how it might effect her daughters later down the line) but I understand why she’s doing it and I truly sympathise with her. She’s right about her fears that her daughters might model that in their future relations with the opposite sex based on how their Dad has behaved towards their mum. He would be the first one to say he would hate for his daughter’s to be cheated on or find out their partner has filed for divorce through the media first but he’s doing the exact thing to their mother. Also he’s apparently moved onto a new girl?
But didn’t she cheat on her partner of 8 years when her and Ioan got together when filming 102 Dalmations.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The inference here is that Alice and Ioan were having it off behind her fiancee's back. If I was the fiancee I would be thinking the word 'karma'.

Reactions: 10
I see (whilst looking at the Simon cowell thing) that Rupert Everett is telling the world he’d had a 6 yr affair with Paula Yates!! I alway thought Rupert was gay , I didn’t realise he was bi

i am freading sick of Ioan Gruffodd and his bloody wife , I really couldn’t care that he surprised her with divorce papers (they actually suggest women surprise their husbands this way on mumsnet), it’s nobody business but theirs
Rupert was really gorgeous in his youth (bad plastic surgery has probably done him in, and good old Father Time, though I sense his vicious tongue probably burnt a few too many bridges as well?). "Hilarious"ly, the DM had a story about Mr Everett the other day proclaiming how "shy" he is. Hmm..!

It is a phenomenon that some gay people don't talk about - when they're attracted to the opposite sex. It could well be a hangover from earlier days, where being seen as bisexual was considered as being "not picking a team", not "authentic" or whatever. Not sure if being bi has as much of a stigma now?

I know I've had a few instances (in my younger, hotter years) where I've had (a few) gay men come onto me - I've either gotten the hell out of the situation (because I was young/it freaked me out/I had no frame of reference) or clammed up and changed the subject.

A gay man fancying a woman isn't exactly a huge burden or seen as shameful or anything like that, of course, as being hetero, to some is "normal". Even Boy George confessed he had a fling with a woman in the 1990s* (iirc), though he said she came out as gay later on in life!

I do think Paula was a lot more chaotic emotionally than she tried to portray herself as (she did the earth mother thing for a while and even wrote a book about motherhood in the early 1990s). The people who really knew her must have found her trying to promote a fake image as a bit disingenuous.

*Boy George mentioned it on Piers Morgan's Life Stories recently (no idea why George would want to go on that programme, but, oh well)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Rupert was really gorgeous in his youth (bad plastic surgery has probably done him in, and good old Father Time, though I sense his vicious tongue probably burnt a few too many bridges as well?). "Hilarious"ly, the DM had a story about Mr Everett the other day proclaiming how "shy" he is. Hmm..!

It is a phenomenon that some gay people don't talk about - when they're attracted to the opposite sex. It could well be a hangover from earlier days, where being seen as bisexual was considered as being "not picking a team", not "authentic" or whatever. Not sure if being bi has as much of a stigma now?

I know I've had a few instances (in my younger, hotter years) where I've had (a few) gay men come onto me - I've either gotten the hell out of the situation (because I was young/it freaked me out/I had no frame of reference) or clammed up and changed the subject.

A gay man fancying a woman isn't exactly a huge injustice or seen as shameful or anything like that, of course, as being hetero, to some is "normal". Even Boy George confessed he had a fling with a woman in the 1990s (iirc), though he said she came out as gay later on in life!

I do think Paula was a lot more chaotic emotionally than she tried to portray herself as (she did the earth mother thing for a while and even wrote a book about motherhood in the early 1990s). The people who really knew her must have found her trying to promote a fake image as a bit disingenuous.
Rupert said he had meetings with the Bond producers which stopped when he told a tabloid that he had been a rent boy.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.