Secret Celeb Gossip #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The guy is wearing rose tinted glasses about their relationship and he quite obviously is struggling to get out of his pit of grief. That is fair enough - it was her last serious boyfriend (the one she was with at the time of her death clearly didn't care about her), they were briefly engaged once upon a time.

His blog is laborious and full of over-detailed minutiae. It gives way too much personal information and it's erratic. It's indiscrete. He shouldn't have written it; but it's probably well intentioned.

He's still obviously angry and looking for an outlet to express that anger, his residual feelings for Caroline and his own regrets. I would imagine talking about her in a public post is now his only outlet to remember her and grieve her, and it's now probably the only connection he has to her (I have no doubt none of her friends or family talk with him, given their split was acrimonious). I don't think he has any other outlet, other that to write publicly.

Don't get me wrong. There's so much wrong with how he has behaved over the years, and the ironic part he played in feeling the fire right before her death... but his grief and anger is plain to see. I see nothing of the sort from the boyfriend she actually was with at the time of her death, and it's him I am far more worried about.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Why are the daily mail posting pictures of Simon Cowell walking with his girlfriend and son? Every.single.day. Is it because they have nothing better to snap with lockdown, or is there something going on that needs to remain unwritten?

He looked like he'd had a stroke during his latest holiday over the new year (his face appears to have dropped on the one side). He doesn't look very healthy now - too thin, gaunt, old. It could be terrible plastic surgery, but I'm a bit concerned as he's always been quite attractive up until fairly recently.

Reactions: 18
Ya they were engaged and everything. He didn't say a huge amount last year when she passed away. But from what he said he was devastated
He was happy to stick the boot into her before she died though. He was loving her downfall.

Reactions: 16
I think he's probably very regretful. He can't take back what he did. He's not to blame though. No one else is to blame for a person's suicide. It's good that there's no longer stigma, but the pendulum has swung too far the other way into martrydom.

Suicides are being used to promote messages, such as #BeKind, and other anti-accountability agendas. Suicides should never be weaponised to influence others, as this can actually encourage suicidal people to think that their death might mean something.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Why are the daily mail posting pictures of Simon Cowell walking with his girlfriend and son? Every.single.day. Is it because they have nothing better to snap with lockdown, or is there something going on that needs to remain unwritten?

He looked like he'd had a stroke during his latest holiday over the new year (his face appears to have dropped on the one side). He doesn't look very healthy now - too thin, gaunt, old. It could be terrible plastic surgery, but I'm a bit concerned as he's always been quite attractive up until fairly recently.
I'm shocked by how he looks in this article today.

Reactions: 7
I think he's probably very regretful. He can't take back what he did. He's not to blame though. No one else is to blame for a person's suicide. It's good that there's no longer stigma, but the pendulum has swung too far the other way into martrydom.

Suicides are being used to promote messages, such as #BeKind, and other anti-accountability agendas. Suicides should never be weaponised to influence others, as this can actually encourage suicidal people to think that their death might mean something.
I agree I think a very fragile person can mistake the intense grief shown for someone who has committed suicide and idolise it. Oh look how much attention and love this person got cos they ended their own life. Especially amongst younger people you almost always hear of a spate of suicides. But you can’t blame external sources although they do contribute massively to a persons mental health, it’s the inner turmoil someone feels that drives them to end things. They are devoid of hope ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10

He‘s rumoured that be very unwell. Some people say he’s has a stroke, others that he has a degenerative/muscle wasting illness. A poster on the last thread said he has had heart surgery in the last few years. He‘s also a heavy smoker and has used cocaine heavily in the past.

Reactions: 11
I don't think Cowell is seriously ill - no more than any other man in his 60's, a heavy smoker with a history of heart disease and a recent back injury and surgery. I think he mistakenly thinks being thinner = looking younger, whereas the opposite is true. A few extra pounds are forgiving, extreme thinness exaggerates wrinkles. He won't make old bones, but I doubt he has a degenerative disease or a malignancy. Hes a walking talking advert for giving up smoking.

Reactions: 20
It’s actually quite nice to see the Daily Mail doing this to a male celeb. Usually they post pics of older women not looking the best purely to provoke comments.

Reactions: 48

Thank you for saying this

Reactions: 17
He‘s rumoured that be very unwell. Some people say he’s has a stroke, others that he has a degenerative/muscle wasting illness. A poster on the last thread said he has had heart surgery in the last few years. He‘s also a heavy smoker and has used cocaine heavily in the past.
Thank you. Re-looking at the photos, and also comments on here and knowing that Cowell is actually a really private man, and won't want press intrusion... I wouldn't be surprised if we don't wake up one day in the near future and find out that he's passed away from something.

Unless the weather is terribly unkind to his complexion and the weight loss misjudged, there is no way that man isn't unwell... and I think the daily mail are effectively trying to say that with the constant pictures. He used to be very handsome, and charismatic with the press, now he looks like a shell.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
He attributes his weight loss to a ‘vegan diet’. But it’s a myth that vegans are all really thin and gaunt. I know a few vegans and they are all shapes and sizes. IMO it’s just an excuse.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It’s actually quite nice to see the Daily Mail doing this to a male celeb. Usually they post pics of older women not looking the best purely to provoke comments.
Im reminded of when the Daily Mirror took to commenting on Phillip May's clothing for a while after Theresa became PM, just to prove a point about that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
The daily mail always have a motive when they post articles like these, male or female it doesn't matter. Something is going on with Cowell for sure and they just can't print it, in saying that I hope he isn't ill. But he certainly has been recently, he fell down the stairs and broke his back, didn't he? That alone would take a lot out of a person. When I see those pictures I just see a man looking his age and I don't think he looks worryingly thin, I'm glad he's laying off the fillers tbh.

Reactions: 14
so

Anne Robinson is officially taking over Countdown

I have always liked her because away from her Weakest Link persona she seems warm and witty

it makes total sense why she did TWL in that way

we were fed up with quiz show hosts being nice so it was a major step forward

and Watchdog needed somebody like her to take apart company bosses who did over the public

and if I may add

I've always FANCIED Anne since I was a kid

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
so

Anne Robinson is officially taking over Countdown

I have always liked her because away from her Weakest Link persona she seems warm and witty

it makes total sense why she did TWL in that way

we were fed up with quiz show hosts being nice so it was a major step forward

and Watchdog needed somebody like her to take apart company bosses who did over the public

and if I may add

I've always FANCIED Anne since I was a kid
She was on Steph's Packed Lunch yesterday and I know we all age but she really has, in fact I was shocked when she appeared on the screen. Maybe because she had to do her own hair and make up I don't know, we will have to wait and see.

Reactions: 6
She was on Steph's Packed Lunch yesterday and I know we all age but she really has, in fact I was shocked when she appeared on the screen. Maybe because she had to do her own hair and make up I don't know, we will have to wait and see.
Didn't she get a face-lift years ago ?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.