Secret Celeb Gossip #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I couldn't find a thread for Carol Vorderman, but is anyone else mortified every time she pops up on an article/online. All she talks about is her inflated assets and its honestly just sad at this point :rolleyes: theres an article today about her drawing attention to how cameras zoom in to chest apparently.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
I couldn't find a thread for Carol Vorderman, but is anyone else mortified every time she pops up on an article/online. All she talks about is her inflated assets and its honestly just sad at this point :rolleyes: theres an article today about her drawing attention to how cameras zoom in to chest apparently.
I think she's got a bit of a screw loose.

Reactions: 12
You’d absolutely never know vorderman has a brain now, she looks like a mum off the only way is Essex and talks about the most vacuous subjects.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I remember one time she posed for a shot in a mini-skirt and a sleeveless Union Jack top that showed her cleavage.

Reactions: 1
I'm a child of the early 80s and black was a really bad term when I was growing up! The PC term back then was coloured people. I remember learning a poem at school then about using coloured and all the colours of the rainbow and how it didnt matter as all colours are beautiful! Anyway like someone said, the PC term changed and not everyone knew. For years I didnt know which was the PC term anymore, I was so afraid of offending someone and people thinking I was racist when in fact I couldn't care less what colour someone skin is as long as they are a good person 😆
It's so confusing. I was born end of the 70s, so raised in the 80s, I'm white and the word P*** shop was used flippantly and the term coloured was the word most used for black people (not other ethnicities). My best friend since aged 6 had a white English mum and black African dad and used to say she was half-caste.

One thing I do recall is my best friend saying that many white girls shunned her for not being white and many black girls did the same as she wasn't black. Even as I child I couldn't get my head round this. She identified as white incidentally, liked white boys, wasn't into black culture, history, music, or boys.

Years later, in my 20s, I used the term half-caste and received a gasp of horror from whoever it was and they said I must use the term mixed-race. Confused, I asked my best friend and she said she still referred to herself as half-caste, but yeah some people prefer mixed-race.

Fast forward another decade, I was working for a retailer in its photo studio and noticed the models were all white, so started making a conscious effort for model bookings to be more diverse, white, black, Asian, mixed-race. One day I was looking to book a mixed-race child and the white lady at the model agency corrected me and said I shouldn't used that word, it's "dual-heritage"! I asked my best friend again and she laughed her head off and said, surely it's mixed-heritage if they want to to get sniffy about it, as you're assuming that the person only had two types of ethnicity in them.

Nowadays, it's people of colour, which I understand to be anyone not white (is that correct?), but my black friends still refer to themselves as black.

It's a minefield. I feel we've come such a long way in some ways, but gone back in many others.

Also, when I was 19 (in 1996), I moved to London for my job and was temporarily living with my aunty while hunting for a place, she was 30, so we were very close in age, but it she was a totally different generation, being the youngest of my dad's siblings. One day she asked me if I would take her 10 year old daughter to the P*** shop to get a loaf of bread and some sweets. I was horrified and asked her to not use that word. She genuinely couldn't see what the problem was. She laughed and said, that's what it's called. Everyone calls it that.

I corrected her and said not everyone calls it that and besides P*** being a derogatory term, how did she know the shop keeper was from Pakistan? Maybe they were from India, Bangladesh, or Sri Lanka. I also pointed out that her daughter was hearing the term P*** used so flippantly, that tomorrow she could go to school and innocently refer to another child by this term, without meaning any offence.

My aunty laughed and said, "Sorry, please can you go to the Asian outlet and get a loaf and sweets!" 😔

I even heard someone use the 70s term for Chinese the other month when referring to going to get a takeaway. They were my age and thought I was being over sensitive.

Thing is, I'm also that person that thinks the world has gone mad in other respects when people say we can't say Merry Christmas anymore as it will upset other cultures and religions. Utter rubbish. I reckon it's right-wing white people making this up to whip up hatred.

I bought a pack of Christmas cards online this year and was fuming that they had the yucky "happy holidays" inside them instead of "merry Christmas", I've never met anyone who's offended by Christmas (except Jehovah's witnesses), my Hindu neighbours celebrate it and posted us a card, my Muslim neighbours don't celebrate it, but dropped us a card and a gift on Christmas Eve (we did drop them a card and home baking for Eid to be fair). The local mosque collected food and presents for 100 local elderly people for Christmas too.

I just wish the world could find a happy medium. Where we are all considerate to others and the rules for etiquette are clear. But it won't happen. Times change and terminology changes.

Queer used to be an insult, now some people identify as queer. LGBT was a term, then it was LGBT+, then LGBTQ+. Again, I can't keep up. I've gay, bisexual and trans friends, who all use different terminology. As a white, heterosexual person, I don't know what it's like to be in a minority. Actually, I'm vegan! 😅 I get a lot of tit, abuse and hate for that, and I honestly rarely talk about it, and I never push my beliefs on anyone, I just quietly get on with it. But the absolute vitriol and grief I get from some people is bizarre! Out for a meal for a friend's birthday, I order a dish and some bloke I've never met before in the group notices it's vegan and starts verbally attacking me. Yeah, that's fun. 🙄

Joking aside, I know veganism isn't the same and I can't genuinely ever understand what it's like for people in a minority who go through life feeling persecuted, or different and I'm constantly walking on eggshells, which I'm happy to do, so as not to not offend, but just wish it was clearer. Diversity is beautiful.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
You are quite correct Miss Demeanor it is a minefield (or should that be an ourfield in this day and age?). Unless you have a job or social life that brings you in to contact with the terms it is almost impossible to keep up.
We have moved so far from the 60s and 70s but of course the young today never saw what horribly discriminatory racism existed then and any program that showed it has been sanitised or banned.
They day will come when the terms we use to describe people will just be an adjective like saying the grass is green or the sky is blue. That will be the day we are a truly equal world.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
You’re gonna get slated for that on here!!

I can’t say too much about my time in Primrose Hill as it’s a bit outing. I was a student and worked in a pub in PH and wehad the same coke dealer as Kate. Kate is stunning obviously but a skanky druggie and has a squinty eye.
Sadie Frost is not remotely attractive in rl whereas Pearl Lowe is luminous as in you can hardly take your eyes odd her.

Jude Law is tiny weeny with a very pretty face, but like a kitten. You wouldn’t want to shag him put it like that.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Does a fine remember the footballer Joey Barton signing for a French team and talking in this really bad, Allo Allo style French accent during the press conference? What a twit😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27
It's so confusing. I was born end of the 70s, so raised in the 80s, I'm white and the word P*** shop was used flippantly and the term coloured was the word most used for black people (not other ethnicities). My best friend since aged 6 had a white English mum and black African dad and used to say she was half-caste.

One thing I do recall is my best friend saying that many white girls shunned her for not being white and many black girls did the same as she wasn't black. Even as I child I couldn't get my head round this. She identified as white incidentally, liked white boys, wasn't into black culture, history, music, or boys.

Years later, in my 20s, I used the term half-caste and received a gasp of horror from whoever it was and they said I must use the term mixed-race. Confused, I asked my best friend and she said she still referred to herself as half-caste, but yeah some people prefer mixed-race.

Fast forward another decade, I was working for a retailer in its photo studio and noticed the models were all white, so started making a conscious effort for model bookings to be more diverse, white, black, Asian, mixed-race. One day I was looking to book a mixed-race child and the white lady at the model agency corrected me and said I shouldn't used that word, it's "dual-heritage"! I asked my best friend again and she laughed her head off and said, surely it's mixed-heritage if they want to to get sniffy about it, as you're assuming that the person only had two types of ethnicity in them.

Nowadays, it's people of colour, which I understand to be anyone not white (is that correct?), but my black friends still refer to themselves as black.

It's a minefield. I feel we've come such a long way in some ways, but gone back in many others.

Also, when I was 19 (in 1996), I moved to London for my job and was temporarily living with my aunty while hunting for a place, she was 30, so we were very close in age, but it she was a totally different generation, being the youngest of my dad's siblings. One day she asked me if I would take her 10 year old daughter to the P*** shop to get a loaf of bread and some sweets. I was horrified and asked her to not use that word. She genuinely couldn't see what the problem was. She laughed and said, that's what it's called. Everyone calls it that.

I corrected her and said not everyone calls it that and besides P*** being a derogatory term, how did she know the shop keeper was from Pakistan? Maybe they were from India, Bangladesh, or Sri Lanka. I also pointed out that her daughter was hearing the term P*** used so flippantly, that tomorrow she could go to school and innocently refer to another child by this term, without meaning any offence.

My aunty laughed and said, "Sorry, please can you go to the Asian outlet and get a loaf and sweets!" 😔

I even heard someone use the 70s term for Chinese the other month when referring to going to get a takeaway. They were my age and thought I was being over sensitive.

Thing is, I'm also that person that thinks the world has gone mad in other respects when people say we can't say Merry Christmas anymore as it will upset other cultures and religions. Utter rubbish. I reckon it's right-wing white people making this up to whip up hatred.

I bought a pack of Christmas cards online this year and was fuming that they had the yucky "happy holidays" inside them instead of "merry Christmas", I've never met anyone who's offended by Christmas (except Jehovah's witnesses), my Hindu neighbours celebrate it and posted us a card, my Muslim neighbours don't celebrate it, but dropped us a card and a gift on Christmas Eve (we did drop them a card and home baking for Eid to be fair). The local mosque collected food and presents for 100 local elderly people for Christmas too.

I just wish the world could find a happy medium. Where we are all considerate to others and the rules for etiquette are clear. But it won't happen. Times change and terminology changes.

Queer used to be an insult, now some people identify as queer. LGBT was a term, then it was LGBT+, then LGBTQ+. Again, I can't keep up. I've gay, bisexual and trans friends, who all use different terminology. As a white, heterosexual person, I don't know what it's like to be in a minority. Actually, I'm vegan! 😅 I get a lot of tit, abuse and hate for that, and I honestly rarely talk about it, and I never push my beliefs on anyone, I just quietly get on with it. But the absolute vitriol and grief I get from some people is bizarre! Out for a meal for a friend's birthday, I order a dish and some bloke I've never met before in the group notices it's vegan and starts verbally attacking me. Yeah, that's fun. 🙄

Joking aside, I know veganism isn't the same and I can't genuinely ever understand what it's like for people in a minority who go through life feeling persecuted, or different and I'm constantly walking on eggshells, which I'm happy to do, so as not to not offend, but just wish it was clearer. Diversity is beautiful.
...and breathe... 😉

Does a fine remember the footballer Joey Barton signing for a French team and talking in this really bad, Allo Allo style French accent during the press conference? What a twit😂
Utterly hysterical.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

I can’t say too much about my time in Primrose Hill as it’s a bit outing. I was a student and worked in a pub in PH and wehad the same coke dealer as Kate. Kate is stunning obviously but a skanky druggie and has a squinty eye.
Sadie Frost is not remotely attractive in rl whereas Pearl Lowe is luminous as in you can hardly take your eyes odd her.

Jude Law is tiny weeny with a very pretty face, but like a kitten. You wouldn’t want to shag him put it like that.
With regards to the party, what males/females were there that she shagged? I can only find reference to Ronnie Wood and Jefferson attending 🤢. I thought she only got smacky when Pete Doherty was on the scene?

Reactions: 3

Ah the engineer or the landsdown? I spent most of the late 90’s and early naughties in those pubs. Also saw kate in the Westbourne in NH quite a lot.... miss those days

Reactions: 4

You forgot to mention Skanky Meg Matthews - how could ya?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Re the coloured thing I was listening to Radio 2 yesterday Johnny Walker was picking the songs one he picked was Lou Reed Walk On The Wild Side I wondered if they would bleep all the coloured girls go do do do like they edited Faggot out of Fairytale Of New York this year but they left it in.

Reactions: 5
I said this before but never understood her appeal.

As a white, heterosexual person, I don't know what it's like to be in a minority. Actually, I'm vegan! 😅 I get a lot of tit, abuse and hate for that, and I honestly rarely talk about it, and I never push my beliefs on anyone, I just quietly get on with it. But the absolute vitriol and grief I get from some people is bizarre! Out for a meal for a friend's birthday, I order a dish and some bloke I've never met before in the group notices it's vegan and starts verbally attacking me. Yeah, that's fun. 🙄

I am also in no way equating veganism/ vegetarianism to race but honestly, the amount of sh*t I've received as a vegetarian is ridiculous "but at least you're not a weirdo vegan." And that's nothing compared to the vitriol vegans get by people who don't even know a vegan irl.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
You forgot to mention Skanky Meg Matthews - how could ya?
I stood in front of her in a guest list queue about 10 years ago, for a gig at the roundhouse. She was so overly botoxed. Cheeky witch tried to go to the front of the queue but security sent her to the back again 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I am also in no way equating veganism/ vegetarianism to race but honestly, the amount of sh*t I've received as a vegetarian is ridiculous "but at least you're not a weirdo vegan." And that's nothing compared to the vitriol vegans get by people who don't even know a vegan irl.
I have a theory on this. I think that a lot of meat eaters don’t actually think they should be eating it subconsciously and feel judged by vegans and veggies( even when they aren’t being judged) and so project it back onto them. Personally I couldn’t give a tit what anyone does or doesn’t eat.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Ah the engineer or the landsdown? I spent most of the late 90’s and early naughties in those pubs. Also saw kate in the Westbourne in NH quite a lot.... miss those days
The Lansdowne. They were mental days. Feels like a completely different lifetime.

• Heart
I’ve just realised, where are the annual Emma Forbes in her cossie on the beach photo’s?
I wonder if they stayed at home this year hence no pics.
Christmas is ruined! 🤪
It sounds like her Podcast has been quite tough on Covid so maybe she has stayed at home.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.