Secret Celeb Gossip #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t get the appeal with Kate Moss at all. She’s just a model who was wisely advised to not give interviews.

Reactions: 12
I’ve personally never found her attractive.
I think she’s beautiful. She has beautiful angles and takes make up really well.
I’ve seen her in the flesh quite a lot in the early naughties. And her bone structure is off the scale. She’s stunning. However her daughter and sister are not in her league.

Reactions: 8
I couldn't find a thread for Carol Vorderman, but is anyone else mortified every time she pops up on an article/online. All she talks about is her inflated assets and its honestly just sad at this point :rolleyes: theres an article today about her drawing attention to how cameras zoom in to chest apparently.
I think it’s sad how she has changed from an intelligent woman and role model for women and maths to an inflatable doll☹

• Heart
Reactions: 20
You’re gonna get slated for that on here!!

I can’t say too much about my time in Primrose Hill as it’s a bit outing. I was a student and worked in a pub in PH and wehad the same coke dealer as Kate. Kate is stunning obviously but a skanky druggie and has a squinty eye.
Sadie Frost is not remotely attractive in rl whereas Pearl Lowe is luminous as in you can hardly take your eyes odd her.

Jude Law is tiny weeny with a very pretty face, but like a kitten. You wouldn’t want to shag him put it like that.
Excellent #content 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I couldn't find a thread for Carol Vorderman, but is anyone else mortified every time she pops up on an article/online. All she talks about is her inflated assets and its honestly just sad at this point :rolleyes: theres an article today about her drawing attention to how cameras zoom in to chest apparently.
I heard that when she appeared on Question Time she didn't come across as Brain of Britain.

Reactions: 5
I’ve personally never found her attractive.
I’m not being nasty but I don’t find many models attractive really, they have more of a striking look to me (although I don’t think KM has that either)

Reactions: 7
Carol ‘I’ve never had Botox they were special facials, the menopause made my boobs and bum grow’ Vorderman clearly has some issues 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Oh yeah Gino is completely playing up to the Italian stereotype...which come to think of it is kinda offensive in a way.

The same as Jane Mcdonald acts up her northern lass routine
He's lived here for nearly 30 years so his accent is definitely exaggerated now.

Reactions: 9
I always think of Alec Baldwin and Hilaria as the characters in the film 'It's Complicated' where he marries a slightly deranged Spanish younger woman who's desperate for more babies.
She's like Manuel in Fawlty Towers...

• Haha
I am also in no way equating veganism/ vegetarianism to race but honestly, the amount of sh*t I've received as a vegetarian is ridiculous "but at least you're not a weirdo vegan." And that's nothing compared to the vitriol vegans get by people who don't even know a vegan irl.
Yeah, I hate seeing people post the oh-so-hilarious quip, "How do you know someone is vegan? They tell you!".

I reply with how many vegans have you met that you didn't know were vegan? Well, you wouldn't know as they didn't mention it. The only time I mention it is if it comes up naturally in conservation, or someone notices what I eat and asks if I'm vegetarian, or vegan. I'm happy to talk about it, but even then I sometimes I still do get attacked.

Okay, I mentioned it further up, but I was being flippant about minorities being attacked.

I was vegetarian for 28 years and went vegan 3 years ago, that was purely from talking to others and learning about it. My boyfriend is omni and eats meat and dairy at home, we do have a separate freezer and pans etc, but he'll often eat vegan with me, or we'll do a meal that goes with a protein like a roast, stew, pasta dish and add our separate proteins at serving. It's pretty straight forward. :)

• Heart
He's lived here for nearly 30 years so his accent is definitely exaggerated now.
I know someone who lives here from Italy. I didn’t notice until I spoke to him over the phone rather than face to face but he sounds exactly like Gino D’campo. I’ve not told him funnily enough.

Reactions: 3
I don’t get the appeal with Kate Moss at all. She’s just a model who was wisely advised to not give interviews.
When you compare her to the likes of Cindy Crawford and the other original supermodels you realise how ordinary looking she is. She can’t hold a candle to any of them.

I have a theory on this. I think that a lot of meat eaters don’t actually think they should be eating it subconsciously and feel judged by vegans and veggies( even when they aren’t being judged) and so project it back onto them. Personally I couldn’t give a tit what anyone does or doesn’t eat.
I’m a meat eater, to be honest I don’t even eat it once a week and I have been vegetarian, I think with vegans it’s the same with everything, a few give the lot a bad name, I have a friend who’s vegan. All she does is post about it on Instagram. Says she wouldn’t date a meat eater. Her children will be vegan, she’s very passionate about it which is fine, but it’s over the top. Do I often feel guilty about the meat industry yep, is that me issue with vegans. Nope.

It's so confusing. I was born end of the 70s, so raised in the 80s, I'm white and the word P*** shop was used flippantly and the term coloured was the word most used for black people (not other ethnicities). My best friend since aged 6 had a white English mum and black African dad and used to say she was half-caste.

One thing I do recall is my best friend saying that many white girls shunned her for not being white and many black girls did the same as she wasn't black. Even as I child I couldn't get my head round this. She identified as white incidentally, liked white boys, wasn't into black culture, history, music, or boys.

Years later, in my 20s, I used the term half-caste and received a gasp of horror from whoever it was and they said I must use the term mixed-race. Confused, I asked my best friend and she said she still referred to herself as half-caste, but yeah some people prefer mixed-race.

Fast forward another decade, I was working for a retailer in its photo studio and noticed the models were all white, so started making a conscious effort for model bookings to be more diverse, white, black, Asian, mixed-race. One day I was looking to book a mixed-race child and the white lady at the model agency corrected me and said I shouldn't used that word, it's "dual-heritage"! I asked my best friend again and she laughed her head off and said, surely it's mixed-heritage if they want to to get sniffy about it, as you're assuming that the person only had two types of ethnicity in them.

Nowadays, it's people of colour, which I understand to be anyone not white (is that correct?), but my black friends still refer to themselves as black.

It's a minefield. I feel we've come such a long way in some ways, but gone back in many others.

Also, when I was 19 (in 1996), I moved to London for my job and was temporarily living with my aunty while hunting for a place, she was 30, so we were very close in age, but it she was a totally different generation, being the youngest of my dad's siblings. One day she asked me if I would take her 10 year old daughter to the P*** shop to get a loaf of bread and some sweets. I was horrified and asked her to not use that word. She genuinely couldn't see what the problem was. She laughed and said, that's what it's called. Everyone calls it that.

I corrected her and said not everyone calls it that and besides P*** being a derogatory term, how did she know the shop keeper was from Pakistan? Maybe they were from India, Bangladesh, or Sri Lanka. I also pointed out that her daughter was hearing the term P*** used so flippantly, that tomorrow she could go to school and innocently refer to another child by this term, without meaning any offence.

My aunty laughed and said, "Sorry, please can you go to the Asian outlet and get a loaf and sweets!" 😔

I even heard someone use the 70s term for Chinese the other month when referring to going to get a takeaway. They were my age and thought I was being over sensitive.

Thing is, I'm also that person that thinks the world has gone mad in other respects when people say we can't say Merry Christmas anymore as it will upset other cultures and religions. Utter rubbish. I reckon it's right-wing white people making this up to whip up hatred.

I bought a pack of Christmas cards online this year and was fuming that they had the yucky "happy holidays" inside them instead of "merry Christmas", I've never met anyone who's offended by Christmas (except Jehovah's witnesses), my Hindu neighbours celebrate it and posted us a card, my Muslim neighbours don't celebrate it, but dropped us a card and a gift on Christmas Eve (we did drop them a card and home baking for Eid to be fair). The local mosque collected food and presents for 100 local elderly people for Christmas too.

I just wish the world could find a happy medium. Where we are all considerate to others and the rules for etiquette are clear. But it won't happen. Times change and terminology changes.

Queer used to be an insult, now some people identify as queer. LGBT was a term, then it was LGBT+, then LGBTQ+. Again, I can't keep up. I've gay, bisexual and trans friends, who all use different terminology. As a white, heterosexual person, I don't know what it's like to be in a minority. Actually, I'm vegan! 😅 I get a lot of tit, abuse and hate for that, and I honestly rarely talk about it, and I never push my beliefs on anyone, I just quietly get on with it. But the absolute vitriol and grief I get from some people is bizarre! Out for a meal for a friend's birthday, I order a dish and some bloke I've never met before in the group notices it's vegan and starts verbally attacking me. Yeah, that's fun. 🙄

Joking aside, I know veganism isn't the same and I can't genuinely ever understand what it's like for people in a minority who go through life feeling persecuted, or different and I'm constantly walking on eggshells, which I'm happy to do, so as not to not offend, but just wish it was clearer. Diversity is beautiful.
I think you’re really over thinking this. Words don’t change all the time- you’re talking about a time period of 50 years in the post above! Half a century!

I don’t know why you’re worried about walking on eggs shells, surely if someone says “don’t use half caste anymore say dual heritage” that’s the end of it? Why would you tie yourself up in knots trying to find a way to go back to using half caste?

you’re totally right that white, Right wing usually men try to whip up racial hatred by pretending you can’t say merry Xmas or celebrate Xmas. They do the same by pretending that language constantly changes and you can’t be expected to “keep up” with acceptable ways of referring to different minorities. It hasn’t changed much at all over the years

also someone’s mixed race best mate, or Tina Turner, or the ubiquitous black best friend, doesn’t get to decide how black people as a race are referred to.

I think you’re really over thinking this. Words don’t change all the time- you’re talking about a time period of 50 years in the post above! Half a century!

I don’t know why you’re worried about walking on eggs shells, surely if someone says “don’t use half caste anymore say dual heritage” that’s the end of it? Why would you tie yourself up in knots trying to find a way to go back to using half caste?

you’re totally right that white, Right wing usually men try to whip up racial hatred by pretending you can’t say merry Xmas or celebrate Xmas. They do the same by pretending that language constantly changes and you can’t be expected to “keep up” with acceptable ways of referring to different minorities. It hasn’t changed much at all over the years

also someone’s mixed race best mate, or Tina Turner, or the ubiquitous black best friend, doesn’t get to decide how black people as a race are referred to.
No, but by that reckoning, one person telling me it's dual-heritage doesn't speak on behalf of a race.

Likewise with the LGBTQ+ community, my friends use different terminology to describe themselves.

Agreed, but If that’s what that person wanted you to say in a professional work environment it’s hardly worth fighting against.

in reality, you weigh up lots of different sources, do your own research and work it out that way.

Reactions: 2
Does a fine remember the footballer Joey Barton signing for a French team and talking in this really bad, Allo Allo style French accent during the press conference? What a twit😂
And Steve McCartney speaking with a bad Dutch accent when he was manager of Twente.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I don’t get the appeal with Kate Moss at all.
She got lucky. She's what, 5'7? Since when was someone under 5'9 considered model material? She just seemed to capture the zeitgeist of early 90s, heroin chic, Britpop, McQueen, Calvin Klein. If she showed up earlier or later she wouldn't have been the icon she is now.

Oh the ethnic heritage minefield! I find it's people who are not of a certain ethnicity or race who are quick chastise people. If you are coming from a good place, not trying to insult someone, you should be alright. It's people on the internet, specifically Twitter who love bitching someone out. Sad individuals really.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.