Secret Celeb Gossip #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember him. Didn’t he used to go out with Kelly Brooke? I think he did a kiss and tell on her years ago.

I remember buying a top from top shop when I was 15 in 1997 and it lasted for years. It was really good quality, but I can’t imagine anything from there lasting more than a few months now.
I have recently got rid of a top shop cardy it was a long oversized one with a fringe round the bottom and was over 30 years old, I’m bloody kicking myself now for parting with it, rats cocks 😡

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I actually quite like Rita but was it really too hard for her to have a zoom birthday this year? I bloody did and so did most of us. She can probably afford (or has the contacts to hire) some kind of hologram technology if she needs 3d!
I think she is a selfish witch to do this,it's bastards like her who are keeping Covid going.

Reactions: 26
I imagine he realised that that’s who he is. His wife posted that she’s proud of him. Please don’t use his deadname, it’s disrespectful.
Do you give a similar admonishing to people in the JM threads every time someone calls her a bleep or any of the other frequent insults said about her? That’s disrespectful too, much more disrespectful than not calling someone by a new name they announced three days ago. Not sure why ‘deadnaming’ is seen as particularly the ultimate worst sin

Anyway, back to gossip: Luke Evans has given a recent interview stating that he never hid his sexuality and tried to go “back in the closet” when he started to make it big in Hollywood 😯 But... that is a blatant lie! I sometimes wonder whether celebs know how the internet works and things stay on there forever lol.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
That’s why I told her, Karen.
Please don’t use the idiotic expression ‘Karen’. It’s very disrespectful - and intentionally so. Unless the person in question is a really called Karen, of course😉

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 71
That’s why I told her, Karen.
The poster made a mistake, stop looking for offence where there was none intended. Though if I was going to very pedantic, you can argue that calling someone a ‘Karen’ is also offensive..

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Please don’t use the idiotic expression ‘Karen’. It’s very disrespectful - and intentionally so. Unless the person in question is a really called Karen, of course😉
I so agree and people who are called Karen must get fed up with it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Not celeb gossip:

I'm good friends with someone who has gender identity issues (came out as a crossdresser to her wife years ago and years later is now considering the gender identity route) and even I'VE never head of "deadname" - it must be quite a new term. She is well-liked and very sociable but you do get some TV and trans women I've met who are very militant, attention-seeking and almost spoiling for a fight who maybe don't do their cause any favours.

I have even met trans women (post-op) who think they are somehow "superior" to crossdressers - which just makes me sigh with dismay.

One more mature trans woman who ran a help group was on a mission to get everyone she met to consider the gender dysphoria route, (I'm going by what I've been told by my friend).

People who have met my friend have called her, Him, He, simply because they have no idea how to behave - other than that they are friendly and eager-to-please, generally.

Remember, not all of us have experience of gender or sexuality issues - a well-meaning comment isn't usually intended to hurt, go by the person's demeanour, not their words. It could just be ignorance and lack of interaction with certain social circles.

Most people we meet on nights out are amiable and accepting. We have also had experience of gay people being horrible, in a gay pub where you'd expect to feel safe! So, you can't make assumptions about ANYbody.

TL;DR: People are complicated, say the wrong things and come with baggage, but most mean well.

I hate the term Karen too, I've already mentioned why on older threads.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Thanks for the support people and I absolutely meant no offence at all. As it happens my Daughter’s best friend is trans and I love them very much. ‘She’ prefers to go by ‘they’ but certainly isn’t so militant or rude to people who get it wrong.

And we don’t know that Elliot wants to erase their past and considers Ellen dead. They may be extremely proud of their career as Ellen, I know I would be. And frankly I do worry about any person undergoing surgery, I work in the NHS am very aware of the risks.

Finally, the Karen insult is vile. To the poster who used it, you may want to check your internalised misogyny and agism.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
Not celeb gossip:

I'm good friends with someone who has gender identity issues (came out as a crossdresser to her wife years ago and years later is now considering the gender identity route) and even I'VE never head of "deadname" - it must be quite a new term. She is well-liked and very sociable but you do get some TV and trans women I've met who are very militant, attention-seeking and almost spoiling for a fight who maybe don't do their cause any favours.

I have even met trans women (post-op) who think they are somehow "superior" to crossdressers - which just makes me sigh with dismay.

One more mature trans woman who ran a help group was on a mission to get everyone she met to consider the gender dysphoria route, (I'm going by what I've been told by my friend).

People who have met my friend have called her, Him, He, simply because they have no idea how to behave - other than that they are friendly and eager-to-please, generally.

Remember, not all of us have experience of gender or sexuality issues - a well-meaning comment isn't usually intended to hurt, go by the person's demeanour, not their words. It could just be ignorance and lack of interaction with certain social circles.

Most people we've met on nights out are amiable and accepting. We have also had experience of gay people being horrible, in a gay pub where you'd expect to feel safe! So, you can't make assumptions about ANYbody.

TL;DR: People are complicated, say the wrong things and come with baggage, but most mean well.

I hate the term Karen as well, I've already mentioned why on older threads.
The trouble is the acceptable and correct terms change so rapidly so often a previously acceptable way to address someone is then deemed insulting. And I used to frequent gay clubs and Gay Pride but over the years the atmosphere changed so much there was often an unpleasant undercurrent especially towards straight people. Such a shame

Reactions: 21
The trouble is the acceptable and correct terms change so rapidly so often a previously acceptable way to address someone is then deemed insulting. And I used to frequent gay clubs and Gay Pride but over the years the atmosphere changed so much there was often an unpleasant undercurrent especially towards straight people. Such a shame
I'd agree with that too. It's getting so complicated nowadays (the "Q" in LBGTQ was an insult not so long ago - maybe the word has been reclaimed? - and even I'm not 100% sure what that term covers).

Pansexual and all the different colours of sexuality are interesting, but we really do need simplicity - the rules and the definitions seem to be constantly changing. I bet even older gay men and women struggle with some of the terms and inadvertently "insult" some peers.

All I can advise is to be friendly and keep an open mind and hope that others respond the same. Surely we all want to be liked and accepted, but I can't deal with people who have their antenna on 24/7 looking to argue or be offended.

I did used to get "you're straight, what are you doing here?" (er, I'm out having fun with my friends?) but I'd imagine that will always happen. If you said you were bisexual it was kinda difficult to be accepted by some as you weren't "picking a team", which is just stupid.

Just try to get along, haha. Life is already hard, let's not make it tougher.

Reactions: 27
Not celeb gossip:

Most people we meet on nights out are amiable and accepting. We have also had experience of gay people being horrible, in a gay pub where you'd expect to feel safe! So, you can't make assumptions about ANYbody.

I hate the term Karen too, I've already mentioned why on older threads.
Excellent post

Reactions: 10
Miquita Oliver is on channel 4 at the moment... does anyone know if she and Simon Amstel are still friends, or any goss from their T4 days? They seemed to work well together, especially on popworld, used to love that show and how they took the piss out of people 😂

Reactions: 17
I agree there’s more than enough gossip to talk about, but I don’t think it is a widely known term. I only heard of it two days ago.
That's fair - I know most posters here are based in the UK, and I'm not. It's relatively common where I live. Regardless (and I too dislike the name Karen thrown around as an insult, I don't agree with its usage), I think calling someone 'Jameela' as a response isn't okay.

Reactions: 10
Miquita Oliver is on channel 4 at the moment... does anyone know if she and Simon Amstel are still friends, or any goss from their T4 days? They seemed to work well together, especially on popworld, used to love that show and how they took the piss out of people 😂
She was on the ‘My Mate Bought A Toaster’ podcast last week. She said they didn’t get on originally then they realised they were both cynical about the same things do they became close mates and still are. Hadn’t realised she was only 15 when it started

Reactions: 8
I'd agree with that too. It's getting so complicated nowadays (the "Q" in LBGTQ was an insult not so long ago - maybe the word has been reclaimed? - and even I'm not 100% sure what that term covers).

Pansexual and all the different colours of sexuality are interesting, but we really do need simplicity - the rules and the definitions seem to be constantly changing. I bet even older gay men and women struggle with some of the terms and inadvertently "insult" some peers.

All I can advise is to be friendly and keep an open mind and hope that others respond the same. Surely we all want to be liked and accepted, but I can't deal with people who have their antenna on 24/7 looking to argue or be offended.

I did used to get "you're straight, what are you doing here?" (er, I'm out having fun with my friends?) but I'd imagine that will always happen. If you said you were bisexual it was kinda difficult to be accepted by some as you weren't "picking a team", which is just stupid.

Just try to get along, haha. Life is already hard, let's not make it tougher.
It's not a particularly new term, but I appreciate it's not as widely known as I thought it was. My city has a fairly sizeable population of non-binary and trans people so I'm probably biased in my viewpoint. The word queer has been reclaimed by many but not all, and it's actually pretty interesting. Here's an NPR article if anyone is curious (curious is maybe the wrong word to use in this instance, but I typed it so I'm keeping it!): https://www.npr.org/sections/public...s-reclaimed-and-listeners-have-mixed-feelings

She was on the ‘My Mate Bought A Toaster’ podcast last week. She said they didn’t get on originally then they realised they were both cynical about the same things do they became close mates and still are. Hadn’t realised she was only 15 when it started
This has been on my list for a while - is it any good? Or only if I'm interested in the people on it? I like Nick Helm, don't know a lot of others though.

Reactions: 2

She's well known for her love of the white stuff and booze, plus didn't she go bankrupt?

Reactions: 3
That's fair - I know most posters here are based in the UK, and I'm not. It's relatively common where I live. Regardless (and I too dislike the name Karen thrown around as an insult, I don't agree with its usage), I think calling someone 'Jameela' as a response isn't okay.
You're right.Calling someone Jameela is probably the most offensive thing I could've said about anyone.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Yeah they seemed to have a genuine laugh together.
I remember that Miquita was best mates with Lily Allen and was part of that rich kid Camden crowd.

Reactions: 5
I think her and Simon are friends, she's posted pics of them together on Instagram and the stories.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.