Secret Celeb Gossip #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes
That must have been quite the spectacle! Wonder how much he went for? 😉
yes, I just saw what I typed.
i wouldn’t give tuppence to the old fraud.
No Jools Oliver has not committed any crimes. However, I maintain that it’s pretty sad to do nothing with your life and trade in your independence for being the wife of a celebrity and the mother of his children. And, yes, that does tend to make people rather dull because they have nothing to bring to the table, conversation wise, apart from wifehood and motherhood.
Looking after people teaches wisdom patience and a certain degree of selflessness if it is to be done well and shouldn’t be sneered at. How many people are dull and just chase money and self advancement? Most people don’t have a fantastically exciting jobs anyway. If you look after others, you’re creating a happier person, people.
i looked after my parents for many years and I’m not dull.
You shouldn’t be so quick to judge people who look after their families. I’m more proud of this than I’ve been of anything.
Most people wouldn’t be able to do it.
Jules had it a lot easier than me, for reasons we can all,guess at, but looking after others is something to be admired I think.

lim not advocating everyone should stay at home, or that it should always be women, my cousin cares for his little girl alone, as her mother doesnt give a tit and left to spend more time with a bottle. I’m sure he’s more proud that he’s produced a happy sociable well balanced daughter that than anything else too,

Exactly!! She is supposed to be very plain and unremarkable, I dont see that with Lily James at all. Judging by the latest news shes more like Rebecca!!
Hollywood never casts plain though does it? JoanFontaine was a beauty and played both the supposedly mousy second Mrs DW and Jane Eyre. It’s really annoying when you see films, and they ha e a beautiful woman wearing her hair in an unflattering style, and nobody notices she could model,for a living.

Joanna David is so lovely she makes Joanna Lumley look charmless.

I recall some story about her attending a party with important Hollywood people there and cheesing a lot of people off with how she behaved and spoke!
I think she’s a cow.

Yes, me too with the book and the film. Why, when there is an incredible Hitchcock version already must they remake it and Hollywoodize it. Do the youth of today hate a black and white film?
Laurence Olivier won’t be beaten. He could be a real bastard apparently, so maybe a bit of the darkness seeps through. The black and white works perfectly to set the tone too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Looking after people teaches wisdom patience and a certain degree of selflessness if it is to be done well and shouldn’t be sneered at. How many people are dull and just chase money and self advancement? Most people don’t have a fantastically exciting jobs anyway. If you look after others, you’re creating a happier person, people.
i looked after my parents for many years and I’m not dull.
I’m not sneering at people who care for their families. Most of us do that at some point in our lives.

I’m expressing the opinion that it’s a shame not to have lived your own life, where you have a choice to do so, before making yourself dependent on a man.

Incidentally, your posts are anything but dull. That’s not a veiled sneer!

Reactions: 6
Its not so much the stay at home mum issue but the staying despite the constant cheating. The conversation started because it was suspected that all these women allegedly got another baby as ' compensation' for cheating, so bringing another child into a relationship with a father who treats their mother like tit. Colleen Rooneys sons will have Wayne as a role model. DW wife is wealthy, classy and has a successful career. Shes not a stay at home mum yet why the hell does she put up with it? It was clear from that statement and his smug face that Lily is just another woman hes shagged. Nothing special.
Yes, the point was never about women who stay at home with their children. I personally think society would be a lot better off if mothers (who choose to) could stay at home until their kids are ready for school. The comments some of us were making were around the being 'rewarded' with another baby every time your partner cheats. Two very different scenarios. I still maintain that being gifted with baby after baby from a cheating husband is demeaning. One day Jools will have an empty house and her kids will be off living their lives - maybe Jamie will start buying her diamonds instead? Regardless, their relationship sounds very transactional and Jools seems to be cashing in. She gets babies, nice houses and never having to worry about a bill. Some women are very happy to do that. I can't imagine anything bloody worse!!!

Reactions: 6
Yes, the point was never about women who stay at home with their children. I personally think society would be a lot better off if mothers (who choose to) could stay at home until their kids are ready for school. The comments some of us were making were around the being 'rewarded' with another baby every time your partner cheats. Two very different scenarios. I still maintain that being gifted with baby after baby from a cheating husband is demeaning. One day Jools will have an empty house and her kids will be off living their lives - maybe Jamie will start buying her diamonds instead? Regardless, their relationship sounds very transactional and Jools seems to be cashing in. She gets babies, nice houses and never having to worry about a bill. Some women are very happy to do that. I can't imagine anything bloody worse!!!
Are we sure that Jamie Oliver is a cheat? There has never been a sniff of it in the papers or even general rumours, whereas Gordon Ramsey, Wayne Rooney, David Beckham etc their extra marital dalliances hit the news almost immediately. He has always seemed absolutely devoted to his family and Jools.

Reactions: 11
Are we sure that Jamie Oliver is a cheat? There has never been a sniff of it in the papers or even general rumours, whereas Gordon Ramsey, Wayne Rooney, David Beckham etc their extra marital dalliances hit the news almost immediately. He has always seemed absolutely devoted to his family and Jools.
He is. A friend works for Channel 4 and it’s well known that he’s a shagger.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
I recall some story about her attending a party with important Hollywood people there and cheesing a lot of people off with how she behaved and spoke!
Oh it's a beautiful tale if you like a bit of schadenfreude.
Shortly after the release of 'Love, Actually', she [Martine McCutcheon] marched over to Hollywood, signed up with the William Morris talent agency, talked about a new record deal etc. The phrase that I recall was her saying she was 'England's answer to Jennifer Lopez'. 😂
A couple of weeks/months later she got utterly shitfaced at Elton John's Oscars party, and was shoving people about, including one very important executive with connections at William Morris who trod on the back of her dress, she shouted: 'Oi, get off mi bleedin dress!' or something.
Very soon after that she was dropped and had to go back to the UK and pretend that it was because people there were too shallow and she didn't like it. Mmm-hmmm, we believe you, love 🧐

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Oh it's a beautiful tale if you like a bit of schadenfreude.
Shortly after the release of 'Love, Actually', she [Martine McCutcheon] marched over to Hollywood, signed up with the William Morris talent agency, talked about a new record deal etc. The phrase that I recall was her saying she was 'England's answer to Jennifer Lopez'. 😂
A couple of weeks/months later she got utterly shitfaced at Elton John's Oscars party, and was shoving people about, including one very important executive with connections at William Morris who trod on the back of her dress, she shouted: 'Oi, get off mi bleedin dress!' or something.
Very soon after that she was dropped and had to go back to the UK and pretend that it was because people there were too shallow and she didn't like it. Mmm-hmmm, we believe you, love 🧐
Thank you @Mrs Stan, this explains so much! I always wondered why she didn't have a better career after Love Actually and why she seemed to be dropped like a hotcake by Hollywood. I always think it must be so incongruous for, say, Americans who watch Love Actually and they'll be wondering who's that girl, what ever happened to her, while we all know her as Tiffany the Activia Goddess. She seems to have no luck, with all of her career ventures being short-lived.

Someone mentioned upthread the thread with the Martina Cole stuff? I'd searched cause I was curious about the allegations but got distracted by someone posting asking for Dominic West goss 🤭 Now we know! 😂

Reactions: 4
she got utterly shitfaced at Elton John's Oscars party, and was shoving people about, including one very important executive with connections at William Morris who trod on the back of her dress, she shouted: 'Oi, get off mi bleedin dress!'
She couldn't even get the lingo right! An American would look puzzled say 'that dress doesn't have blood on it,' at that very English phrase.

Have you seen the reports of John Leslie's trial today? Nauseating outpourings of support by character witnesses including Anthea Turner and Fern Britton.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I’ve wondered that. Because, as you say no rumours have hit the media.
He has gone to great lengths to make sure they didn't,injunctions etc.I don't know if you remember when he had that black eye?.The rumour was Jools gave it to him when she found out he cheated.A few days later he gave an exclusive interview to the Sun in exchange for them not publishing a more damaging story.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
He has gone to great lengths to make sure they didn't,injunctions etc.I don't know if you remember when he had that black eye?.The rumour was Jools gave it to him when she found out he cheated.A few days later he gave an exclusive interview to the Sun in exchange for them not publishing a more damaging story.
That explains a lot about things. I did wonder if an injunction was in place. Have you heard about the other thing he’s fond of doing?

The last thing I'd want is him slobbering all over me.
Lol. You and me both.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.