Secret Celeb Gossip #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes,
Spaying means to make sexually infertile by surgery, doesn't it!?
haha!
A serendipitous typo. Should of course read saying...

I’m pretty sure it’s not dodgy photos. Either way the optics is not good for both parties.

Also, why are we so quick to excuse his behaviour or assume it’s an open marriage? Men are men. Most cheat. Not all but Dominic falls under the category of middle aged men having a mid life crisis and finding a wrong hobby.

The random signed letter was to save face. Nothing more. I’m not sure if this is true but I am told prenups are not enforceable in Ireland? Getting divorce would make splitting finances quite difficult and they do have young children.
Being a bloke means never having to say you’re sorry.
Apparently.

I do hope lily James isn’t the other woman and it’s just dodgy photos! She’s apparently really lovely In person. A relative met her at an annual MND charity walk, apparently Lily goes every year as she lost her dad to MND.

Also I think there’s more to this. My thoughts are that perhaps he’s allowed to play away but not publicly and he’s fucked up with the pap shots. Wife is upset/embarrassed with everyone knowing he plays away, rather than the infidelity itself? Especially as there’s children involved. I don’t know any of this obviously, just my thoughts. Why else would they do a random letter to the press? Hmm, Strange.
qi think you may be being a little bit naive.

Reactions: 5
This is quite telling. I wonder if it's like Ewan McGregor's 'open marriage' which was only open to him shagging actresses he was working with but which the wife didn't seem to have a clue about.

There's also this tweet:

It seems clear he likes to put it about and the wife tolerates it. Although I wonder how easy it is to shrug off once the world knows he's going with other women.
That last a quote just refers to men. I can see him as having very outdated views on this sort of thing. Eurgh, what a creep.

In regards to Dominic’s wife it’s one thing having an ‘open marriage’ in private but in public? She just looks like a mug and doormat if she allows this sort of behaviour. What sort of values is she teaching her children by acting this way?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
thing having an ‘open marriage’ in private but in public? She just looks like a mug and doormat if she allows this sort of behaviour. What sort of values is she teaching her children by acting this way?
I completely agree about the open marriage. I'm not in one but I could see how if you were both able to act on attractions you had and were discreet it could be fun. However absolutely everyone knowing about it is another matter!

Reactions: 9
That last a quote just refers to men. I can see him as having very outdated views on this sort of thing. Eurgh, what a creep.

In regards to Dominic’s wife it’s one thing having an ‘open marriage’ in private but in public? She just looks like a mug and doormat if she allows this sort of behaviour. What sort of values is she teaching her children by acting this way?
I bet she doesn't have an ' open marriage' just he that plays away and she puts up with it for the sake of the kids. There are blinds saying he got Ruth Wilson pregnant while they were filming ' The Affair' ironically then got her sacked. Hes a grade A scumbag.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
It’s all very odd... totally agree that they’ve gone into PR overdrive and are covering something up. Perhaps there’s more evidence of her drug use so they’re masking over it with affairs and Chris Evans dalliances?

All I can take from all of this is that I want to watch Mamma Mia 2 immediately so well played Lil, well played.

Reactions: 4
I’m pretty sure it’s not dodgy photos. Either way the optics is not good for both parties.

Also, why are we so quick to excuse his behaviour or assume it’s an open marriage? Men are men. Most cheat. Not all but Dominic falls under the category of middle aged men having a mid life crisis and finding a wrong hobby.

The random signed letter was to save face. Nothing more. I’m not sure if this is true but I am told prenups are not enforceable in Ireland? Getting a divorce would make splitting finances quite difficult and they do have young children.

Oh no don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to excuse his behaviour AT ALL. If it is that he’s cheated and his wife had no idea until the photos came out in the press, he’s a complete dog and she should set all his things on fire immediately! It may be naive of me, but I just remember when Timberlake was in the press for “cheating” on his wife with an actress last year. When I actually watched the video it was nothing at all, the press had just been selective in the photos they’d taken from the video which made it look a lot worse than it was.

Oh no don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to excuse his behaviour AT ALL. If it is that he’s cheated and his wife had no idea until the photos came out in the press, he’s a complete dog and she should set all his things on fire immediately! It may be naive of me, but I just remember when Timberlake was in the press for “cheating” on his wife with an actress last year. When I actually watched the video it was nothing at all, the press had just been selective in the photos they’d taken from the video which made it look a lot worse than it was.
He did act cheat though, didnt he, when Jessica Beal was pregnant. He apologised for his lapse in judgement.

You never know!! This may backfire on him big time because it’s now public knowledge!! If he had kept it quiet and not flaunted his affair in public probably the wife would have turned a blind eye !! Now it’s in the public domain, it might piss the wife off so much the shame of it alone !! She could show him the door!!

He did act cheat though, didnt he, when Jessica Beal was pregnant. He apologised for his lapse in judgement.
I thought he was admitting to how it Potentially looked rather than having actually cheated? She got pregnant a month after this happened (when looking at the timings) rather than it happening whilst she was pregnant? Could be wrong though?

Reactions: 2
There have been a few reader submissions to DeuxMoi about Dominic West, either saying they were approached or had a fling with him and I recall one said she hooked up with him 2007! Who knows whether it's an open marriage or not, but that display they put on and the note was very cringey. I personally don't get his appeal but each to their own!

Reactions: 7
I thought he was admitting to how it Potentially looked rather than having actually cheated? She got pregnant a month after this happened (when looking at the timings) rather than it happening whilst she was pregnant? Could be wrong though?
Yeah I dont know about the timing of the pregnancy as it was secret, but I know it was close around that time.
Ive just googled it ( because Im sad). Youre right they just look drunk and a bit handsy and he came out and denied anything happened. West has just said hes still married. Nothing at all about Lily or any denial of an affair. Hes done the embarrassing show on his doorstep and left her to deal with the fallout of their affair alone. They were on holiday together ffs, after being away from his family filming with her. They would have had to have been in a covid bubble since July but that wasnt enough, they had to add on a dirty weekend!

Yeah I dont know about the timing of the pregnancy as it was secret, but I know it was close around that time.
Ive just googled it ( because Im sad). Youre right they just look drunk and a bit handsy and he came out and denied anything happened. West has just said hes still married. Nothing at all about Lily or any denial of an affair. Hes done the embarrassing show on his doorstep and left her to deal with the fallout of their affair alone. They were on holiday together ffs, after being away from his family filming with her. They would have had to have been in a covid bubble since July but that wasnt enough, they had to add on a dirty weekend!
It’s going to be interesting to see how Lily’s PR team handle this. She has quite a wholesome image so I wouldn’t have though it would do her image much good...

re what is she teaching her children - why not “what is he teaching his children”?

The concept of lifelong monogamous relationships has existed for a long time in some, but not all, cultures. The lifespan of the average person has increased quite dramatically in every part of the world.

There is absolutely no point whatsoever in getting on ones high horse because people cheat but penguins don’t.

We are the most evolved species on the planet but apparently can’t move beyond “most mammals mate for life”. Their lives are shorter than ours, their life cycles so much shorter, youth, old age.

I have been cheated on- I was heartbroken but moved on. I have cheated, the person hurt by it moved on. Cheating is a terribly hurtful thing. But when “till death do us part” became a vow people said to each other, few were realistically looking at 60+ years thereafter.

All too many marriages from our grandparents day would have ended in divorce if the freedom we have now existed. 60 year marriages at what cost?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I hope the hand we can’t see (belonging to West’s wife Catherine) is pressing a knife to his ribs.

Actually I wondered whether that was what Victoria Beckham was doing during those awful staged “look at us, together and so much in love!” photos the Beckhams did on a quad bike - her sitting behind him, gripping his waist in wifely adoration - after the Rebecca Loos story came out.
It was the first public video appearance that I couldn’t stand. Where he got an MBE or something or maybe it was something else. And she draped all over him while he kissed the tip of her nose.

Reactions: 3
re what is she teaching her children - why not “what is he teaching his children”?

The concept of lifelong monogamous relationships has existed for a long time in some, but not all, cultures. The lifespan of the average person has increased quite dramatically in every part of the world.

There is absolutely no point whatsoever in getting on ones high horse because people cheat but penguins don’t.

We are the most evolved species on the planet but apparently can’t move beyond “most mammals mate for life”. Their lives are shorter than ours, their life cycles so much shorter, youth, old age.

I have been cheated on- I was heartbroken but moved on. I have cheated, the person hurt by it moved on. Cheating is a terribly hurtful thing. But when “till death do us part” became a vow people said to each other, few were realistically looking at 60+ years thereafter.

All too many marriages from our grandparents day would have ended in divorce if the freedom we have now existed. 60 year marriages at what cost?
The lies are the worst thing about the cheating. I also think that now, when people live for so much longer, 60+ year marriages are unrealistic and probably miserable. But if you want to move on, behave like an adult, explain that its not working, take time out and then find someone else. West seems to be a serial cheat, so why bother getting married? Its not compulsory!

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.