Secret Celeb Gossip #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello Tattlers! Found this site around the time lockdown started and it's kept me v.busy! So thank you all for that :love:

My celeb goss is weak sauce but here goes

I met Terry Nutkins as a young un, he seemed nice and what little I remember of him he was friendly but had a weird intensity about him that made me nervous - not unusual for me so probably says nothing about him.

About 6 or so years ago saw Chris Packham at an airport managing to keep to himself by reading a wildlife book - I know he doesn't like being approached so just nudged my ex to check if I was right that it was him and then we tried not to look like we had noticed him. Need to see Michaela Strachan now to complete my Really Wild Show presenter full set ha ha!

My mum's ex once bumped into Michael Fassbender in a pub on Skye and had a few drinks with him. He said he was great craic. (I don't know why but he always gave me bade dude vibes?) Mum's ex would get his phone out to show everyone the pic he has of them - he was very proud!

I remember before he was a big name Tom Hardy gave an interview (can't remember the mag) where he said in his youth he'd done stuff with men. I remember at the time thinking the way it had been put across seemed to indicate that maybe it was a bit of experimentation but that at times some things had been "required" of him :( I think he then denied it, saying it had been taken out of context which I can understand but I still think it's a bit sad that if he was just experimenting he feels the need to minimise it or pretend that it didn't happen and more than sad at the thought that it may not have been wanted on his part if it was not down to experimentation.

Tom Holland seems like such a sweet boy (no personal experience), I hope he is and if so the Hollywood machine doesn't knock it out of him!

I'd love to know what the actual craic is with Nathan Fillion! Loved him as Capt. Mal and watched Castle because of that, was really sad to hear he and Stana Katic didn't get on - great acting, would not have known! - and more than a little worried that my fav space cowboy might actually be a colossal head.

Any Tea on the firefly/serenity lot would make my day!

Anyone know what the real tea behind NCIS is? Why did Cote de Pablo leave, was there an issue there? I've heard bad things about Michael Weatherly, was it something to do with that? And the whole Pauly Perrette & David Harmon fall out, anyone have any insider truth there? PP seems to have a lot of folk questioning the veracity of her claims and mental stability which is really awful. Honestly I think I'd be really sad whichever way that feather fell because I loved both characters and was really sad when she left! The goodbye scenes were terrible because they CGI'd her in since apparently she wouldn't work closely with him as she was in fear of him.

CdP & finally PP leaving kind of took the shine off the series for me and I've not watched much past there. Can't but see Sean Murray and think Zachary Binks :ROFLMAO: Poor guy looks quite ill now he's so thin though.

Reactions: 12
You can, it’s rare but not unheard of. Quite a lot of young fit and healthy have collapsed and died during the London Marathon for example.
A doctor I work with told me this sort of death (heart attack during marathon) was unheard of until drinking loads of water during marathons became a thing and people started upsetting their electrolyte balance.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
My mum's ex once bumped into Michael Fassbender in a pub on Skye and had a few drinks with him. He said he was great craic. (I don't know why but he always gave me bade dude vibes?)
Those vibes are spot on.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Ugh :mad: well that clears that up, definitely not a good bloke!
Wish my bad dude-dar was as accurate in real life :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
And the whole Pauly Perrette & David Harmon fall out, anyone have any insider truth there? PP seems to have a lot of folk questioning the veracity of her claims and mental stability which is really awful.
Apparently Harmon kept bringing his dog onto set and it kept biting crew members. PP got scared of it, and demanded that producers ban it from being bought in. They asked Harmon, he said no, and that was it.

Reactions: 6
Honey Ross is only newsworthy because of her parents, she's not likeable and talented like Roman Kemp. Her comments about her toxic parents are uncalled for. If my teenager was fat and unhappy, then I too, would suggest weightloss as a solution, and I think most parents would.
I’m alarmed by the amount of kids I see on my Facebook feed (children of acquaintances and friends) who are overweight, I’m talking under 10s. As someone who was once very morbidly obese, my children are very slight and eat healthily, it’s drummed into them at school never mind at home so I don’t understand it!

Reactions: 14
A doctor I work with told me this sort of death (heart attack during marathon) was unheard of until drinking loads of water during marathons became a thing and people started upsetting their electrolyte balance.
That is a genuine revelation to me, thanks for the information.

Reactions: 9
I’m alarmed by the amount of kids I see on my Facebook feed (children of acquaintances and friends) who are overweight, I’m talking under 10s. As someone who was once very morbidly obese, my children are very slight and eat healthily, it’s drummed into them at school never mind at home so I don’t understand it!
I took my son to the doctors because he is on the 1st percentile for weight which comes out as underweight. She checked him over and said to ignore it as long as hes eating and drinking well. She said it's an average weight of the child population and as so many under 10's were obese that the average has gone way up. It's impossible to get him trousers though 😄

Those vibes are spot on.

His marriage just seems strange. I dont know why though. Maybe it's the age difference. He always comes across in in interviews as incredibly charming, but then dont they all?

Reactions: 5
I saw Honey Ross on TV spouting off about how the worse thing any parents can do is suggest a healthy diet to their overweight child. Sorry but she came across to me as an arrogant young woman and very entitled.

Reactions: 26
That is a genuine revelation to me, thanks for the information.
When there was a spate of deaths from Ecstasy in the 90's a lot of that was attributed to excess drinking of water. But probably because it allowed you to dance all night in hot venues so you had a massive thirst, so the e was still the cause of death.

I saw Honey Ross on TV spouting off about how the worse thing any parents can do is suggest a healthy diet to their overweight child. Sorry but she came across to me as an arrogant young woman and very entitled.
Her parents are in the 'biz. They know how to get attention and publicity.

That is absolutely awful! I believe Nadine personally. It just seems like something the other three (I think Sarah apologised) would do Just to annoy her. They seem like a very toxic trio!
I do too. I'm from Derry too and have met Nadine a few times, she's very lovely and unceleb like, very beautiful in real life too.

So sorry to hear the news about Sarah, always had a soft spot for her. The other three I can't stand 🙈

Reactions: 18
I was also told this by a doctor last year when I became ill. I couldn't eat for days and thought drinking water would help. He said you don't see athletes drink just plain water as they wouldn't get salts and sugars in their diet.

Reactions: 4
It's the best thing a parent can do for their overweight child, isn't it? Pretending obesity is normal and fine is bad parenting. The Ross parents were in no way toxic, they were trying to stop their daughter growing into a morbidly obese adult with all the health issues that obesity entails. I'm all for people celebrating their bodies and I don't agree with fat shaming - everyone knows when they've gained weight, they don't need people pointing it out!! But celebrating an unhealthy lifestyle is never a good idea.

Reactions: 16

Looks like Honey started young in her attempts to be a ‘body activist’.

In the VERY confusing linked story (or maybe that is just me), we learn the following:

Six years ago, Jonathan Ross was asked by his friend Neil Gaiman to host an awards ceremony for sci fi authors.

He said yes, whereupon some participants objected on Twitter, on the grounds that Jonathan had, in the past, made jokes about overweight women or something.

Honey, aged 17, weighs in to say that her dad had always been massively positive about overweight people, including her (curious how the story has changed in six years, innit? That’s showbiz!)

The other people in the Twitter debate dared to ignore her. The rotters! Why didn’t they just lay down their cudgels and accept Honey’s decisive argument (which translates to, ‘he never called me fat, leave him alone! Waaahhh!’)

Honey, being mature, reasonable and well able to deal with life’s knocks, goes crying to her mum, who weighs into the Twitter debate accusing the participants who ignored her precious daughter of being misogynists etc etc.

How embarrassing! No wonder he dropped out of the hosting gig.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
So basically her parents were stuck with a case of damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Honey comes across as a petulant child, not an adult woman.
It's a shame she doesn't have to go out to work like ordinary people - if she had the embarrassment of having to wait for an XXXL uniform to be ordered for her, maybe she'd realise obesity isn't something to celebrate after all. Luckily, she will make a living modelling plus size clothes and writing inflammatory articles in the press, and appearing on low grade talk shows to pontificate about fat shaming and body image and how being fat is fabulous. Then in a few years, she'll get a gastric band and shrink to a size 12 (although she'll claim to be a size 8) and discover that being slim is better.

Reactions: 31
The whole Ross family have weight issues. Not sure about the son, he is never photographed with them recently. These photos are fairly recent. In the first one Honey can be seen to the right, her mum has her back to the camera with beige rucksack, her sister to the left with dark glasses. Her sister is in the second photo, she is certainly body confident too. Jonathan and his wife fluctuate massively.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.