Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
If you don’t mind, can we please leave the heart attack stuff now - it could trigger people and it’s not really the fluffy silliness we expect on here x

• Heart
Reactions: 79

Pixie06

VIP Member
Why are we getting bombarded with pictures on the DM of Jonathan Ross's whiney, ungrateful,morbidly obese daughter! So unhealthy to be promoting this as normal, as is the other way round!

• Haha
Reactions: 76

boringbsh

Is the weight stuff really necessary? I get that Honey Ross is spewing absolute bollocks in the press but I’m not sure if the posting photos and making comments about other folks’ weight is really on. Especially that this thread has such a large audience, and all types of folk are reading this, including those who are really sensitive to this type of stuff. I’m smaller than Honey and this thread has made me feel pretty shit, and I’m sure others feel so too.

• Heart
Reactions: 67

TeaLover49

Tea lover 49
if you’re reading this, I hope you have had a comfortable day and are being well looked after.
I read this forum every morning while having breakfast. It's good to have a giggle and see how the zelebs live 😄😅😄

Nurses and care staff really do spoil me here. I was reading about Chadwick Boseman, which has really affected me because he has same as me and was younger than me. But what an inspiration. I just couldn't manage to do a tenth of what he did, as I just cannot walk unaided. Bowel cancer is a total CUNT!

Anyway, hope all is well with u and also fellow Tattlers and Tea Lovers. Hope u all have a good day XxX

• Heart

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
Honey Ross is only newsworthy because of her parents, she's not likeable and talented like Roman Kemp. Her comments about her toxic parents are uncalled for. If my teenager was fat and unhappy, then I too, would suggest weightloss as a solution, and I think most parents would.

• Heart

TeaLover49

We si

scussed him many threads back.
Egomaniac and bit of a sex pest.

Hope all Tattlers are hale and hearty.
TeaDrinker49 hope you’ve had a good a day as possible, and you’re still getting spoilt.
Thank you for your love and concern.
Been in a bad way since Tuesday. Haven't eaten, got serious cramp in right leg and a painful back. Palliative nurse came to see me yesterday and thinks cancer is spreading. I'm in so much pain, even when I move a tiny bit. Painkillers and morphine will be looked into to see if I need anything stronger.
That's why I love these threads and posts. All you lovely Tattlers really know how to entertain a sick girlie like moi! Please keep it coming.
Love to all of you XxX

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 65
Is the weight stuff really necessary? I get that Honey Ross is spewing absolute bollocks in the press but I’m not sure if the posting photos and making comments about other folks’ weight is really on. Especially that this thread has such a large audience, and all types of folk are reading this, including those who are really sensitive to this type of stuff. I’m smaller than Honey and this thread has made me feel pretty shit, and I’m sure others feel so too.
Yeah, it's pretty clear that some people are using this thread as a way to voice their disgust for people who look like me. More actual gossip, please and thank you xoxo

• Heart
Reactions: 62

TeaLover49

I was married to my husband for 19 years and he was from India. Over the years, he taught me so much about the culture, food, music, films. He even tried to teach me some Hindi, though he was fluent in a few Indian languages.
When he died, I wanted his culture to continue with our daughter. I'm no expert, never been to India (though for our 20th anniversary we were planning to visit for a few months, but he sadly died).
I'm a white, pasty, redhead, Irish woman who really embraced his culture. In my room, I have photos of him and the staff are shocked because they say they thought I was married to an Irish man!
I have a boyfriend of 7 years who's from Trinidad and Tobago and I learn a lot about his culture too. Though circumstances are different now.
I find my life is richer because of what I've learned from them.
It's sad that when people embrace other cultures, they are called all sorts. What a sad world these keyboard warriors live in.

• Heart
Reactions: 59

waz101

Sadly, anyone can have a heart attack it’s just a lot more common in older men.

When in younger in secondary school, one of the football kids dropped dead from a heart attack after having an energy drink.

I think the autopsy said he had an undiscovered heart issue that I’m not sure of and it contributed to it

My Dad died of Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy at 49 on Christmas Day in 2002. I was seen by a Consultant who confirmed that I had inherited it before his funeral in late January.
As I'm at high risk of sudden cardiac death I now take 10 pills a day (Beta blockers, Blood pressure, Statins etc) and have an ECG every 12 weeks. The next stage is likely to be a combined pacemaker and defibrillator. I'm still here almost 20 years later though.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
Lizzo could out-cardio most people on this forum, have you ever seen her in concert? People can be fit and fat. Shocker.

Funny how I never ever see the same "concern for health" trotted out when it's your skinny mate who subsists on coffee & fags til they order pizza in the evening, drinks and snorts coke every weekend.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
Honey Ross looks awful for a young woman. People of all sizes are attractive but the fact is you are destroying your health if you are overweight. I’m carrying a surplus 4 stones (thank you 40s) and boy do I know it. At least I had 40 slim years first.

I think the fat is beautiful/body confidence movement is causing a lot of damage. Yes, everyone should be loved for who they are and feel good about themselves whatever their shape but Type 2 Diabetes doesn’t give a fuck about all that.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Pambo

Cultural appropriation is pushed by the same people demanding inclusivity. Except the only people who can't be included are white skinned people.

Was reminded what with the death of Chadwick Boseman and Halloween on horizon, of the Twitter storm when some unsuspecting mother posted a pic of her little (white) boy in a Black Panther costume, and the Twitterati exploded.

The original comic creator, a black man, finally chimed in to say that was what it was supposed to be all about - that the little boy just saw a man he wanted to be like, not a skin colour.

The anti-racists are the biggest barrier to race relations there is.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44

Silbee

VIP Member
Years ago I spent a lot of time on music forums and I can't remember how the thread got waylaid but someone put a link up to a games forum. Harvey Ross would have been around thirteen years old then. They were talking about a series of games and anticipating some new release and what their hopes were for it.

Well this kid started banging on about the game, it has this it has that and it's really good. He was a boy among men on this forum and holding his own quite well.

Then someone pipes up you haven't got the game it isn't released for months yet. He says my Dad got it for me, he's in show business and can get things early.

Obviously they challenged and ripped him apart and then came the inevitable, well, who's your Dad? The kid replies Jonathan Ross, aye full of tricks, I thought. He was then challenged to prove it. He must have grabbed a camera, I can't remember if phones were taking pictures those days but anyway, he must have gone down to the living room and said Dad! Ross looked across. He snapped a side on photo of Jon who was watching the telly and then went back and uploaded it. Shut those boys down in a second.

First time I've had the opportunity to tell that tale. Those kids are indeed very very privileged and very spoiled... x Lucky buggahs :)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43

Miss Demeanour

Chatty Member
How has Adele managed to loose all that weight and have no loose skin or stretch marks?! I’m so jealous!
That photo looks really unflattering of her, I think it’s the look in her eyes and the dark eyebrows?
When I saw she was wearing Bantu knots I knew that she would be called out. Twitter did not disappoint me 😂
I genuinely don't get some of these calling outs due to apparent cultural appropriation.

I'm white and absolutely more than happy to be educated if anyone cares to enlighten me, as I hate being ignorant on matters.

Again, this is a genuine query. If a black lady dyed her hair blonde and had it chemically straightened it, is that not cultural appropriation of white women? Where's the line?

This isn't meant to be inflammatory in any way, but it seems to be such a fine line. Can I wear my hair in two plaits? Or is that insulting towards native Americans?

Or is it that no cultures offended and it's just social media and press whipping up a frenzy? Anyone?

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Don’t ask me why but I’ve just been reading about Boris Johnson’s personal life... it blows my mind that a man like him has managed to bag so many women and has had multiple affairs! He doesn’t even know how many children he has, shocking.
Can you imagine if a woman prime minister had even done any of the things he has done,

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Lilliepad

VIP Member
How on earth does Kerry Katona manage to keep getting engaged when I can’t keep a bloke over 3 months?!

• Haha
Reactions: 42