Secret Celeb Gossip #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any gossip on the late Bruce Forsyth? I only knew him from Strictly but I was made to watch an episode of "Play Your Cards Right" during lockdown and found it kinda creepy that he seemed to need to have a younger woman by his side on the shows he did. Was he opposed to working with men or older women?

That trend continued onto Strictly as I doubt that Tess Daly was ever hired for her presenting skills.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Any gossip on the late Bruce Forsyth? I only knew him from Strictly but I was made to watch an episode of "Play Your Cards Right" during lockdown and found it kinda creepy that he seemed to need to have a younger woman by his side on the shows he did. Was he opposed to working with men or older women?

That trend continued onto Strictly as I doubt that Tess Daly was ever hired for her presenting skills.
I've said this on here before but even as a kid Bruce Forsyth gave me the absolute and utter creeps. I really didn't like him. I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if anything came out about him.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

To be fair, it’s just the way things were then with all those kinds of shows. Most of them had glamorous young women for nothing much more than decoration really.It certainly wasn’t for their intellect and sparkling witticisms! But still, it did sometimes feel a bit ‘off’. And no, I didn’t like him either.

Reactions: 10
To be fair, it’s just the way things were then with all those kinds of shows. Most of them had glamorous young women for nothing much more than decoration really.It certainly wasn’t for their intellect and sparkling witticisms! But still, it did sometimes feel a bit ‘off’.
Obviously we're talking the 80s which was a different era but as I said, it continued onto Strictly and that didn't start until 2004 so not that long ago.

Also found the man a bit self-centered, he seemed to make Strictly all about him. Granted, he made me laugh more than Claudia ever did (and Tess was always dull as dishwater) but half the time, the focus was never on the contestants. Apparently he refused to wear an earpiece on Strictly so they often struggled to keep the show on time when he did one of his impromptu jokes.

Reactions: 7
He most definitely cheated on Jessica. There were pictures posted at the time where he celebrated Jessica’s birthday and the next week was in London with Brittny and some models and I think Daniel Ricciardo.
Jenson was a serial cheat on Jessica even before they got married. A while back Brittny denied the fact that Jenson was married when they got together. That’s rubbish - the timeline speaks for itself. This twitter account has it all @brittttttttttj
Jessica is now with Ken Kao and seems really happy. They have a daughter together.
I’d like to know why the most unprepossessing racing drivers are the biggest philanderers. Unfathomable. Jenson Button is really uninteresting. I bet his conversation is mostly about gearboxes.

Ditto David Coulthard, who was probably at his peak 15 years ago: incredibly dull, had a square head, even the best chat show hosts couldn’t make him sound fun. No, it was just him, his cube-shaped head, his dull revelations about his diet and YAWN. Yet he put it about as well. The ladies must have been able to see past his vacant personality and into his bank account. I laughed a lot when he crashed his sports car in Monaco whilst taking some air hostesses for a spin.

Contrast them with Damon Hill, who is good value in an interview and doesn’t appear to have any scandal attached to him, and Ayrton Senna who did loads of charity work and apparently found it very easy not to behave like an arse. Maybe the boring ones get over-excited when they finally have something that attracts attention, like driving a car with a really big engine?

Actually, I just remembered, in Jordan’s first autobiography (I got it in The Works bargain bin a few years ago, best 15p I ever spent!) she was working as a ‘grid girl’ at a Grand Prix and got off with Michael Schumacher despite the heinous yellow satin jumpsuit she was required to wear. She said that he was very dull.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
What do you guys think of ex-F1 driver Jenson Button and Playboy model Brittny Ward? the start of this relationship was really, really sketchy and he was only married to his wife Jessica for less than a year, I'm almost certain he cheated but curious to know what you think?
I wondered if he was actually gay. He dated Louise Griffiths who did Fame Academy, they were engaged, and she ended up linked to Simon Cowell!

DC's manager was good friends with one of my brothers (who looks like DC without the square jaw). I think he's just more reserved than dull, as did well at media relations that someone like Mika H did not.

Reactions: 2
Ditto David Coulthard, who was probably at his peak 15 years ago: incredibly dull, had a square head, even the best chat show hosts couldn’t make him sound fun. No, it was just him, his cube-shaped head, his dull revelations about his diet and YAWN. Yet he put it about as well. The ladies must have been able to see past his vacant personality and into his bank account. I laughed a lot when he crashed his sports car in Monaco whilst taking some air hostesses for a spin.
My sister always called David Coulthard Kryten 😄
To be fair, it’s just the way things were then with all those kinds of shows. Most of them had glamorous young women for nothing much more than decoration really.It certainly wasn’t for their intellect and sparkling witticisms! But still, it did sometimes feel a bit ‘off’. And no, I didn’t like him either.
Funnily enough, I watched a repeat a few nights ago of It Was Alright In the 1970s. They discussed "dollybirds" being used as "decoration" on game shows. Nicholas Parsons said they even got complaints when men started being used to "model" prizes!
(Think it was Episode 2, doesn't appear to be on catch up at the moment).

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’d like to know why the most unprepossessing racing drivers are the biggest philanderers. Unfathomable. Jenson Button is really uninteresting. I bet his conversation is mostly about gearboxes.

Contrast them with Damon Hill, who is good value in an interview and doesn’t appear to have any scandal attached to him, and Ayrton Senna who did loads of charity work and apparently found it very easy not to behave like an arse. Maybe the boring ones get over-excited when they finally have something that attracts attention, like driving a car with a really big engine?

Actually, I just remembered, in Jordan’s first autobiography (I got it in The Works bargain bin a few years ago, best 15p I ever spent!) she was working as a ‘grid girl’ at a Grand Prix and got off with Michael Schumacher despite the heinous yellow satin jumpsuit she was required to wear. She said that he was very dull.
I think you might mean Ralf Schumacher - Michael’s brother 😉.

I always wonder what Ayrton Senna would have done after racing. It was a tragedy we never got to find out. He was incredibly charismatic from all who knew him.

Reactions: 9
Any gossip on the late Bruce Forsyth?
Only that he was a notorious tight arse. He tipped a friend of a relative an insultingly small amount (think 1%, would be better just not bothering) and acted as if he were being very generous. Said friend handed it back to Brucie with a sad look, saying "I think you need this more than I do"

• Haha
Obviously we're talking the 80s which was a different era but as I said, it continued onto Strictly and that didn't start until 2004 so not that long ago.

Also found the man a bit self-centered, he seemed to make Strictly all about him. Granted, he made me laugh more than Claudia ever did (and Tess was always dull as dishwater) but half the time, the focus was never on the contestants. Apparently he refused to wear an earpiece on Strictly so they often struggled to keep the show on time when he did one of his impromptu jokes.
My mum took his first wife into custody when she was a WPC way back when. Mrs F vol 1 wasn't particularly complementary about her estranged spouse. Brucie has always favoured his son over his daughters IMHO. Noel Edmonds seems to do the same with his stepsons

• Wow

Yes and calling them "dollies" 🤢

• Sick

Ralf Schumacher.. not Michael

Reactions: 4

One of my friend’s used to play golf in the Pro-Celeb tournaments that BF played in. Apparently, he was a rude hole irl. Thought he was a better golfer than he actually was. Ronnie Corbett was lovely. And so was Kenny Dalglish. He also chatted to Prince Andrew who turned out to be charming in the flesh. So, there you go 😂

Reactions: 4

I remember watching The Price is Right and Play Your Cards Right when I was a kid in the late 90s, and they still had the 'dolly birds' then. Bruce always had a huge ego and thought he was the star of the show, I didn't miss him when he left Strictly.

20-30 years ago seems like not that long ago, but when you watch old tv shows there are so many things that were considered acceptable which wouldn't be today. I used to love Gladiators when I was a kid, but I watched it again a few years ago and the commentator was discussing the female Gladiators' measurements and practically leering at them, and I was like wtf? :sick:

Reactions: 11
I remember watching The Price is Right and Play Your Cards Right when I was a kid in the late 90s, and they still had the 'dolly birds' then. Bruce always had a huge ego and thought he was the star of the show, I didn't miss him when he left Strictly.

20-30 years ago seems like not that long ago, but when you watch old tv shows there are so many things that were considered acceptable which wouldn't be today. I used to love Gladiators when I was a kid, but I watched it again a few years ago and the commentator was discussing the female Gladiators' measurements and practically leering at them, and I was like wtf? :sick:
Well then he was right. He was the star of those shows.

Reactions: 2
I think you might mean Ralf Schumacher - Michael’s brother 😉.

I always wonder what Ayrton Senna would have done after racing. It was a tragedy we never got to find out. He was incredibly charismatic from all who knew him.
A friend of mine was a pilot flew him everywhere,got to know him very well,said one of the most lovely guys he had ever met,gave him a fab pic,which he treasured.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
A friend of mine was a pilot flew him everywhere,got to know him very well,said one of the most lovely guys he had ever met,gave him a fab pic,which he treasured.
Thank you so much for sharing that. So nice to know. I am going to watch Senna tonight for another time. For anyone who hasn’t seen it, you have to watch it even if you aren’t an F1 fan.

Reactions: 14

Remember the Benny Hill Show where that ancient old man used to chase a woman in a bikini for a feel? Grim

• Sick
Only that he was a notorious tight arse. He tipped a friend of a relative an insultingly small amount (think 1%, would be better just not bothering) and acted as if he were being very generous. Said friend handed it back to Brucie with a sad look, saying "I think you need this more than I do"
I hated the way he belittled they contestants on the Generation Game,he thought he was being funny and clever but he was s right nasty testing

I hated the way he belittled they contestants on the Generation Game,he thought he was being funny and clever but he was s right nasty twit
Remember the Benny Hill Show where that ancient old man used to chase a woman in a bikini for a feel? Grim
It was meant to be funny in those days

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.