Secret Celeb Gossip #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, that’s what I meant - Jim “So it was” McDonald from Corrie. I’m confused now!! 🤦‍♀️
You and me both! Someone referenced the guy who played Jim McDonald (Corrie character) to do with Brookside. It's entirely possible he played a character in Brookie that I'm not aware of or that there was a character with the same name in both soaps 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Just read an article about how Howard from Take That posted a pic on Instagram that had David Bowie's face photoshopped over Gary Barlow's body.

I'm a huge fan of the Dame (Bowie) and saw that story earlier - Howard Donald must either be drunk, high or have only acquired a Broadband connection very recently. Really, really strange thing to do.

Howard may be more z-list than a-list these days but Google Image Search is a thing, as are rabid Bowie fans (I'd say I'm middling on the fanatical score, but there are plenty who have encyclopaedic memories about David and could dismiss a photo in a second and explain why and where). Not to mention the flip side of Take That superfans.

The comment on DM saying "Lauren Goodger says: Thanks for taking the hate today" made me laugh though, because she uses Photoshop so much I doubt ANY of the pictures she submits are untouched. She looks more like a CGI character than a human in some of hers.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Exactly this. Anne Glenconner (if that’s the book you’re talking about) was second only to her husband in the ranking of Margaret’s arselickers.

Anne’s husband, Colin Tennant AKA lord Glenconner basically bankrupted himself buying Mustique and building a house for his darling princess. He and Anne spent their lives dancing attendance on her, arranging parties for her and inviting her to events. I bet she was as unpleasant to them as she was to everyone else

Bang on the blind loyalty the aristocracy show to the RF is creepy. It's all about hierarchy to them, morality doesn't come into it. Remember Diana's own mother taking her son-in-laws side in Diana's parent divorce? She was instrumental in Frances losing custody. Johnnie might have knocked her daughter about but he was the earl!
Or Parker-Bowles testing a buffalo inAfrica to see if his "friend" Charles was safe on it. The friend that was shagging his wife. It wasn't and Parker-Bowles was badly gored. Charles had various friends wives on a rota not just Camilla, the husbands did nothing.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I need to stop watching The Crown. I have a soft spot for TAJ but it's based entirely on Matthew Goode 😁
Ooh Matthew Goode ❤. Leap Year is one of my favourite films to watch on a rainy Sunday afternoon. Xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She gave it to him before she died. Perhaps to avoid inheritance tax. It broke her heart when he promptly sold it. Greedy sod couldn’t wait for her to die first.
In the end she died only 6 years after gifting it so he probably did have to pay some tax.

My great aunt did waitressing and Met Margaret and must have found her nice enough to keep the photo of meeting her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Yes, I know "she has her own thread" but on the Amanda Holden one they're saying @sweetviolettes on Twitter has some some shocking revelations about her. Not seeing anything so far, think I'm going to have to make another coffee! Kudos to Alliealoop.

Twitter page here: https://twitter.com/sweetviolettes?lang=en
(4/5/20 is mentioned, so maybe that's the date to search from).

Me, I can't frigging stand AH. I can accept she's gorgeous and all that but I get really bitchy, mean girl vibes from her.

Edit: Hmph, I appear to have got a Warning for sticking up for a member earlier in this thread! I wasn't "attempting to moderate", I was actually trying to defuse a situation. Cheers for that.

I laughed out loud at the comments on the news "Prince Andrew wasn't in any of the official photographs". He's just quietly being erased from existence (which he deserves).
He's in plenty of other photos though, just wearing less clothes.

No "Hello" is there a periodical called "duck right off you nonce"??

In the end she died only 6 years after gifting it so he probably did have to pay some tax.

My great aunt did waitressing and Met Margaret and must have found her nice enough to keep the photo of meeting her.
Maybe she needed something for the mantelpiece to keep children away from the fire.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Yes, I know "she has her own thread" but on the Amanda Holden one they're saying @sweetviolettes on Twitter has some some shocking revelations about her. Not seeing anything so far, think I'm going to have to make another coffee! Kudos to Alliealoop.

Me, I can't frigging stand AH. I can accept she's gorgeous and all that but I get really bitchy, mean girl vibes from her.
I totally agree. Visually her facial features look okay but because she emits that 'ice maiden' quality it makes her look quite ugly. Unfortunately I get the same vibe from Charlize Theron. I think she's a great actress and so beautiful but she does come across as a bit cold and unfeeling. I hope you know what I mean by that.

Reactions: 6
I totally agree. Visually her facial features look okay but because she emits that 'ice maiden' quality it makes her look quite ugly. Unfortunately I get the same vibe from Charlize Theron. I think she's a great actress and so beautiful but she does come across as a bit cold and unfeeling. I hope you know what I mean by that.
C.T. Is often quoted as being un-friendly.

I got an advert for cremations tonight! A new low even for me. They were boasting at how efficient they were. How badly does a cremation have to go for the cremated person to complain?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22

Maybe I should press the False Alarm button because it looks to me as though Tweets have been deleted since they were posted - because I can only see two that could refer to Amanda. So far.

Reactions: 2

The delicious irony of those idle scrounging bastards, entirely funded by the taxpayer (and yes, we own those bloody duchies too, no matter what the RF claim) trying to swerve tax!

I remember the fuss in 1997 when Princess Diana’s estate had to pay inheritance tax: apparently this was unthinkable because paying no tax on her £30m when passing it on to her fabulously wealthy sons “was what she would have wanted”. These complaints came from normal people who use the NHS, schools, roads and the other good stuff that tax pays for!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I'm a huge fan of the Dame (Bowie) and saw that story earlier - Howard Donald must either be drunk, high or have only acquired a Broadband connection very recently. Really, really strange thing to do.

Howard may be more z-list than a-list these days but Google Image Search is a thing, as are rabid Bowie fans (I'd say I'm middling on the fanatical score, but there are plenty who have encyclopaedic memories about David and could dismiss a photo in a second and explain why and where). Not to mention the flip side of Take That superfans.

The comment on DM saying "Lauren Goodger says: Thanks for taking the hate today" made me laugh though, because she uses Photoshop so much I doubt ANY of the pictures she submits are untouched. She looks more like a CGI character than a human in some of hers.
This story has actually made my face go all hot and red from secondhand embarrassment

• Haha

He’s posting conspiracy theories about Bill Gates too so he’s not the smartest boy in the boyband.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Exactly this. Anne Glenconner (if that’s the book you’re talking about) was second only to her husband in the ranking of Margaret’s arselickers.

Anne’s husband, Colin Tennant AKA lord Glenconner basically bankrupted himself buying Mustique and building a house for his darling princess. He and Anne spent their lives dancing attendance on her, arranging parties for her and inviting her to events. I bet she was as unpleasant to them as she was to everyone else.

Colin Tennant certainly wasn't bankrupt by the time of his death (he'd sold Mustique by then). He left his Entire $22million estate to his manservant Kent Adonai. It caused quite a scandal at the time.

https://face2faceafrica.com/article...2m-estate-from-master-after-30-year-service12

Presumably Anne got his UK assets

I meant to add that most of the houses on Mustique were designed by Oliver Messel who was the Uncle of Lord Snowdon ( Princess Margaret's ex Husband). I think that we can safely presume that commissions were paid.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
He was on the telly a while back and me and my friend were a few wines in, I casually mentioned that James had once been Barbara Broccoli’s boyfriend and he thought I was having a laugh! He then said “Who’s he going out with now, Claudia Cabbage?”
It was very funny at the time 🥂🥴
I think I love your friend 😅😅😅

Dick and Dom, Dick was a bad alcoholic and had a breakdown. Sufferers from depression. His girlfriend left him before a BBC series was going to be filmed, and went awol. He went totally mental. Nightmare for the producers etc. Dom is more chilled, very anxious and worried about being funny or if he's got it right. This was years ago, so Dick may be sober and sorted by now.
I met Dick, he's nice. It was just in passing, I told him I watched him when I was a child and I'm in my 30s now, I asked him if he felt old and he replied he did but laughed. Nice guy, even let me have a photo with him.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Awww, I do have a soft spot for Dick & Dom. They were a significant part of my childhood from presenting cbbc in the 90’s to dick & Dom in da bungalow in the 00’s. Even my children watch Diddy Dick & Dom.

They best not turn out to be wrong’uns.

Edit: fun fact from Dom’s wicki page. He was the youngest member of the magic circle but ended up getting expelled after publishing a book that revealed magic secrets🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.