Secret Celeb Gossip #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My son used to sell drugs to Tommy turgoose.

Only found out recently about my son dealing so please don't judge me
You must live in my area :D

I’ve had a few very unexciting run-ins with celebs over the years and can confirm as follows:

Billy Connolly bought a bottle of water from me when I was working in Boots in Glasgow Airport and was utterly lovely and much taller than I expected.

I sat behind Graham Norton when I saw Spamalot in the West End. He was with his friend Maria McErlane (?) and they both roared with laughter the whole way through. I spoke to him at the end and he was very gracious. Quite a bit shorter than I expected.

I passed Sean Connery in Edinburgh but he was with friends so I didn’t dare go over, but his wife saw me and smiled & waved.

I went to a recording of Who Dares Wins (the lottery quiz with Nick Knowles) - Nick was chatty with the audience between takes but seemed to focus on a group who must have been regulars. It was a celeb special and I don’t remember who was on it apart from Bruno Tonioli who was tiny but hilarious! And very lovely with the audience.

Tom Ellis (Miranda, Lucifer) did a charity walk north of Glasgow and I was there to meet my Dad at the finish line. Tom wasn’t surrounded by people and seemed genuinely delighted when I went over. He posed for several photos and stood talking for a few minutes. (Reasonably tall)

At the same event the following year I met Judy Murray. She was surrounded by people but posed for a photo with a few people including me, but was a little bit rude, I think she just wanted to get through as many as possible. Medium height 😁

Duncan James from Blue was in Rocky Horror last year and came to the stage door for photos and signings for AGES. Joanne Clifton was in it and posed for photos too, but was quiet.

Mr Teller from Penn & Teller was walking through Glasgow Central on his own when we saw him. He noticed us pointing him out to our kids so he came over to say hello. He was the nicest celeb out of all the ones I’ve met. He took the selfie as he said he knows how to get a good angle, he took loads of photos and he spent several minutes talking to my boys. He’s tiny in real life.

I went with my brother to a Michael Palin book-signing. Second nicest celeb I’ve met! The queue was massive but only because he spoke to every single person. He was sitting down so I don’t know how tall he is 🙈

I’m genuinely not a celeb stalker or anything, but I’m also not afraid to go and speak to them if it looks like they’re not bothered (hence why I didn’t speak to Sir Sean)

ETA I forgot Paul Hollywood (fine) and Adam Hills (lovely!)
When I saw Penn & Teller in Vegas there is a part of the show with a video camera and Teller zoomed right into my boobs 😄

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I’ve had a few very unexciting run-ins with celebs over the years and can confirm as follows:

Billy Connolly bought a bottle of water from me when I was working in Boots in Glasgow Airport and was utterly lovely and much taller than I expected.

I sat behind Graham Norton when I saw Spamalot in the West End. He was with his friend Maria McErlane (?) and they both roared with laughter the whole way through. I spoke to him at the end and he was very gracious. Quite a bit shorter than I expected.

I passed Sean Connery in Edinburgh but he was with friends so I didn’t dare go over, but his wife saw me and smiled & waved.

I went to a recording of Who Dares Wins (the lottery quiz with Nick Knowles) - Nick was chatty with the audience between takes but seemed to focus on a group who must have been regulars. It was a celeb special and I don’t remember who was on it apart from Bruno Tonioli who was tiny but hilarious! And very lovely with the audience.

Tom Ellis (Miranda, Lucifer) did a charity walk north of Glasgow and I was there to meet my Dad at the finish line. Tom wasn’t surrounded by people and seemed genuinely delighted when I went over. He posed for several photos and stood talking for a few minutes. (Reasonably tall)

At the same event the following year I met Judy Murray. She was surrounded by people but posed for a photo with a few people including me, but was a little bit rude, I think she just wanted to get through as many as possible. Medium height 😁

Duncan James from Blue was in Rocky Horror last year and came to the stage door for photos and signings for AGES. Joanne Clifton was in it and posed for photos too, but was quiet.

Mr Teller from Penn & Teller was walking through Glasgow Central on his own when we saw him. He noticed us pointing him out to our kids so he came over to say hello. He was the nicest celeb out of all the ones I’ve met. He took the selfie as he said he knows how to get a good angle, he took loads of photos and he spent several minutes talking to my boys. He’s tiny in real life.

I went with my brother to a Michael Palin book-signing. Second nicest celeb I’ve met! The queue was massive but only because he spoke to every single person. He was sitting down so I don’t know how tall he is 🙈

I’m genuinely not a celeb stalker or anything, but I’m also not afraid to go and speak to them if it looks like they’re not bothered (hence why I didn’t speak to Sir Sean)

ETA I forgot Paul Hollywood (fine) and Adam Hills (lovely!)
Oh yes I've also met Penn, Teller and Adam Hills. All lovely and have so much time for people. Teller is indeed very short, he wears stacked shoes on stage, but Penn is so tall - 6ft 6" or so I'd say.

New thread started

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.