Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
a nice thread about terry wogan
Could it be down to the late great Mr Wogan that Jimmy Savile never got invited, as far as I know, to be on children in need despite his 'charity work'? Just a thought and nothing to back it up, but if Terry Wogan looked out for young women at the BBC and helped to protect them from creeps it's not inconceivable that as the host for children in need he may have used his clout to keep him well away. Just a thought though x

Reactions: 24

Juno1991

I wonder why so many famous people’s children don’t amount to much professionally? Maybe it’s because they have to strive for nothing & everything is on a plate for them. Sometimes I think having struggled a bit in life makes you a better person
I completely get that. I was brought up in a single parent household with us 3 siblings , we had all the love in the world from our lovely mum and it made us strive for a nice life academically we all have degrees in our own right and good lives which we have worked for and it gives you a real sense of pride about yourself 💓💓

• Heart

SarcasticEllis

VIP Member
Rewatching it now makes me shocked at how narcissistic Carrie was. She is the literal definition of a bad friend. She judges everyone, she can’t handle her money and expects Charlotte to loan her money.

All she does is complain about Big when in reality, her and Big deserve one another, she never deserved Aiden. Aiden wanted to make a wife out of someone who was so self centred that she even made Sam’s breast cancer about herself.

The only people I wanted to be friends with in the show is Sam, cause she genuinely doesn’t give a fuck and keeps her business her business and Miranda is just a legend who really can’t be coping with people.

Every character besides Carrie developed over the series. Miranda has a husband who brought her down to earth and made her realise that it was okay to have fun every now and then.

Charlotte realised that just cause he looks perfect and good on paper doesn’t mean that he’s the one for you, hence her ending up with Harry because he loved her for her and treated her the way she deserved to be treated and never judged her for her fertility issues or let his mother become involved in their relationship.

Sam ended up realising that you do need someone to be with and that she can rely on someone to make her feel good, especially when she was suffering with cancer and Smith helped her through it by shaving his head and leaving his gigs early just so she isn’t alone while dealing with being sick from chemo.

Carrie just ended up being the same girl who is babbling about Big and who likes shoes. Like 🤨
Oh definitely!
Because I’ve watched and rewatched it too many times my theory is that the four women are a combo of what we’d like to be, and what we are (or what we’ve seen in ourselves at times).
Successful career like Miranda
Sexually free and no-shits-given like Samantha
Traditional view of marriage and kids, wanting to be looked after and ‘rescued’ like Charlotte
The negative things we’ve maybe been in the past, and aren’t proud of - shallow, materialistic, selfish - are all Carrie

So while most of the characters change their views and perceptions over time and grow, carries there to warn us not to be a dick 😂

Rewatching it now makes me shocked at how narcissistic Carrie was. She is the literal definition of a bad friend. She judges everyone, she can’t handle her money and expects Charlotte to loan her money.

All she does is complain about Big when in reality, her and Big deserve one another, she never deserved Aiden. Aiden wanted to make a wife out of someone who was so self centred that she even made Sam’s breast cancer about herself.

The only people I wanted to be friends with in the show is Sam, cause she genuinely doesn’t give a fuck and keeps her business her business and Miranda is just a legend who really can’t be coping with people.

Every character besides Carrie developed over the series. Miranda has a husband who brought her down to earth and made her realise that it was okay to have fun every now and then.

Charlotte realised that just cause he looks perfect and good on paper doesn’t mean that he’s the one for you, hence her ending up with Harry because he loved her for her and treated her the way she deserved to be treated and never judged her for her fertility issues or let his mother become involved in their relationship.

Sam ended up realising that you do need someone to be with and that she can rely on someone to make her feel good, especially when she was suffering with cancer and Smith helped her through it by shaving his head and leaving his gigs early just so she isn’t alone while dealing with being sick from chemo.

Carrie just ended up being the same girl who is babbling about Big and who likes shoes. Like 🤨
Oh definitely!
Because I’ve watched and rewatched it too many times my theory is that the four women are a combo of what we’d like to be, and what we are (or what we’ve seen in ourselves at times).
Successful career like Miranda
Sexually free and no-shits-given like Samantha
Traditional view of marriage and kids, wanting to be looked after and ‘rescued’ like Charlotte
The negative things we’ve maybe been in the past, and aren’t proud of - shallow, materialistic, selfish - are all Carrie

So while most of the characters change their views and perceptions over time and grow, carries there to warn us not to be a dick 😂

• Heart

Eirawen

VIP Member
On the offspring of celebs being models thing, the most extreme to me is Anais Gallagher. A perfectly normal looking girl but strikingly similar to her Dad.
She looks like Noel in a skirt, no way would she be a model if it wasn't for her family connections

• Haha
I can remember every detail of having a stranger put their hands on me, or a work colleague from donkeys years ago.
Also, numerous interactions with famous people or anecdotes about them whilst I was there. I don't think there's anything un-likely about JCFC anecdotes. If she was constantly telling of orgies with A listers, then perhaps, but an un-pleasant experience with Shaw Taylor not so much.

• Heart

CherryAcid

VIP Member
I follow Courtney Stodden on Insta. She posted images and videos of her and a recently single Brian Austin Greene looking completely out of their box a few weeks ago but now she's alluding to the fact that someone she was dating recently is now a liar.

I have also just read the following online about Brian...

He went on to opened up on his relationship with Courtney, calling her “super nice, but disappointing”.
“You know, I was just trying to be a nice guy and I shot a video for her friend Ashley, saying hello,” he shared. “That was a month-plus ago. That was back when the pictures of her and I came out.

“The fact that she decided to post that the day Tina and I had lunch — knowing that it would create problems for Tina and for myself, having three kids — it kind of sucks,” he added. “It was just disappointing but I don’t want to bash Courtney. I think she’s a nice person. I just think she’s making some bad choices.”

I'm guessing he f***ed and chucked her...could be wrong like, maybe he led her on playing with her emotions.

I also find it strange he said he has 3 kids when I'm pretty sure he has 4. His older son is about 18 so maybe doesn't class himself as a kid anymore? I don't know?

Courtney always comes across as a very vulnerable young lady as well. Getting married to a much older man at a very young age. Even on CBB she had a vulnerability about her.
I’ve got such a soft spot for Courtney, I feel like she’s very vulnerable and just wants love. I think she’s been used and abused and can’t get out of this self destructive pattern.

Reactions: 23

Restless Native

VIP Member
Remember that time rihanna made fun of one of her fans online. The girl made an outfit the same as Rihanna wore. Was like a bat winged jumpsuit and Rihanna posted the two photos side by side on her social media and made a really snide comment. Can't remember what the words were exactly. I was quite in different towards her then but I saw that and thought what a bitch

• Wow
  • Sad

Lalla

VIP Member
Paul McCartney and Andrew Lloyd Webber have done the same thing. Their kids won’t be getting anything either. Macca even sent his kids to state school, despite being able to afford the very best private ones!
I'm sure I read that Paul McCartney's kids absolutely hated going to the local state school and had quite a hard time. I get the whole wanting your kids to have normal lives - which is fine if you're on reality TV or a soap actor or whatever, minor celeb level, but if your dad is THAT level of famous, I don't know if it's the best idea to just pack them off to the nearest comp and hope for the best...

thisyearsboy

I felt really bad for Katie Holmes. Yes she was stupid to agree to being Tom Cruises wife but she was brave managing to take her child out of that environment.
Her dad is a lawyer, apparently that's the only reason she was able to escape Scientology with Suri relatively unscathed. It's believed that the whole thing was planned for months, they were just waiting for the perfect moment to go ahead. Her and her dad were one step ahead of Tom and his lawyers the whole time - Katie asked for sole custody of Suri and filed in New York (where it is generally more likely to be granted), Tom's lawyers tried to move it to California (where custody is generally rewarded 50/50) but Katie had already set up a team of lawyers there (and in other states), ready to refute it.

I read before that the reason she seems so relaxed about Suri being photographed by paparazzi is because it's constant proof of her/their whereabouts, incase someone higher up in Scientology tries to intervene.

I mean, I also read that their marriage was a five year bearding contract, and that the actual father of Suri is Katie's ex-fiance Chris Klein, so who really knows? 😂

• Heart
I dunno why, I'm probably in the absolute minority and totally wrong, but ever since I saw him on the GN Show, he gives me the creeps, can't explain it..
Me too!! I don’t know what all the fuss is about?!! I understand that he wants privacy, but what about the people who have lived in that village for years? And along comes bloody Ed Sheeran - the neighbour from hell, and you end up selling your house to him, because it’s either move out or get your eardrums perforated having to listen to his sodding music every day!! 😱

• Haha
  • Heart

waz101

Yes, I’ve only watched a highlight video and not the whole thing but he did seem more emotionally affected, shifting in his seat, looking down a lot while saying how things felt. I hope they can work things out for a good outcome for both themselves and the kids. I think they are doing people a favour by showing that a long marriage doesn’t come without ups, downs, bumps in the road, diversions and a lot of hard work.

They've only admitted this because there is much more being hidden, a bit like Phillip Schofield.

Seahorse7

Chrissy Teigen is a cunt. She’s a bully, she’s insecure within herself because John is known to be gay.

She has the face of a cabbage patch doll, she genuinely just got lucky with John. Also if I hear that All of me song one more time, I will smash my car radio in a fit of rage.
Someone once referred to Chrissy as the closest thing to a human Jelly Baby .

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

Trafalgar

VIP Member
When someone says a woman, any woman, “deliberately” got pregnant I always think the man did have the option not to stick his penis in her.
Exactly this! Or wear a condom. It is not the women's responsibility. Men need to step up and start taking responsibility for this!

• Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Why have the media started to hound Jodie Comer? The Daily Mail have pics of her and her boyfriend outside her parents house in Liverpool, It makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. The other week they had photos of her and her brother shopping at a supermarket. I can’t help but wonder if there’s a bit of classism going on here?

Fern's former agent described Phil as a master manipulator.
I can well imagine it.My niece knows someone who works on T.M and says he’s vile. Also, that Holly becomes bitchy like him when they’re together.

Drea1984

Chatty Member
I wonder why so many famous people’s children don’t amount to much professionally? Maybe it’s because they have to strive for nothing & everything is on a plate for them. Sometimes I think having struggled a bit in life makes you a better person

• Heart

Bubblegumblades

Chatty Member
Suri looked a lot like Tom when she was younger though. Who knows if she was conceived through the usual means or ivf though.
I think Katie and Tom look quite similar though. I think there is a strong enough resemblance between them that Suri could resemble Tom. I can't find the face merging gif I saw years ago, you can really see it there, this is probably the closest I could find now.

now-you-have-this-to-deal-with.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha