Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Here’s some more tea, if anyone’s interested..
So, a good few years ago, hubby and I went on a romantic trip to Paris for a week. We went out sightseeing and exploring the many amazing restaurants, and bars... But one morning, I woke up with the hangover from hell, and felt too delicate to go out, so hubby decided to go out alone, and to try and get his hair cut. Long story short, hubby found a very glamorous hair salon (recommendation of his taxi driver !!), and so he walked in and asked if they could fit him in. The owner of the salon came out and introduced himself, and sat my hubby next to a very glamorous and beautiful lady in her early 60’s, she was chain smoking Marlboro Lights, and had a little fluffy dog on her lap. Hubby started chatting to her, and even whispered to her “Are you allowed to smoke in here”?? To which she laughed, and replied in a very husky, heavily accented voice, “Yes, of course I’m allowed to smoke !!, would you like one”? And the salon owner (who was very handsome, and very camp) did hubby’s hair, gave him a manicure and pedicure, and kept asking him if he was single (and gay !!). Hubby eventually got back to the hotel very late, as he had gone for drinks with the salon owner, his friend, and the glamorous lady. When he told me that the Salon owner was Christophe Robin, who is now the head colourist for L’Oréal Paris, and the glam lady was the film star Catherine Deneuve who used to be married to David Bailey!! And it was only at the end of the evening, that he was told who she was!! I was so jealous, as I love Catherine Deneuve!! And the next day, Catherine sent me the most gorgeous box of macaroons, as hubby told her that I was under the weather!! Also, Christophe gave hubby loads of his own products, and didn’t even charge hubby for his hair/manicure/pedicure!!
And on our last night, we had drinks with the actor Terence Stamp !! So, that was our French adventure, and Christophe actually kept in touch with us, and told us about his new job with L’oreal!!
I know that this isn’t my usual juicy gossip, but thought I’d chuck it in anyways..😜

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 83

Enpen45

I’m just going to leave this video of Demi Moore and see what people think of this 🤯🤢🤮

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 71

AlanBanan

VIP Member
He was the male Carrie 😂
Rewatching it now makes me shocked at how narcissistic Carrie was. She is the literal definition of a bad friend. She judges everyone, she can’t handle her money and expects Charlotte to loan her money.

All she does is complain about Big when in reality, her and Big deserve one another, she never deserved Aiden. Aiden wanted to make a wife out of someone who was so self centred that she even made Sam’s breast cancer about herself.

The only people I wanted to be friends with in the show is Sam, cause she genuinely doesn’t give a fuck and keeps her business her business and Miranda is just a legend who really can’t be coping with people.

Every character besides Carrie developed over the series. Miranda has a husband who brought her down to earth and made her realise that it was okay to have fun every now and then.

Charlotte realised that just cause he looks perfect and good on paper doesn’t mean that he’s the one for you, hence her ending up with Harry because he loved her for her and treated her the way she deserved to be treated and never judged her for her fertility issues or let his mother become involved in their relationship.

Sam ended up realising that you do need someone to be with and that she can rely on someone to make her feel good, especially when she was suffering with cancer and Smith helped her through it by shaving his head and leaving his gigs early just so she isn’t alone while dealing with being sick from chemo.

Carrie just ended up being the same girl who is babbling about Big and who likes shoes. Like 🤨

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69

PeteM

VIP Member
My mum worked in a local supermarket when I was a teenager. On the day that the SEX book came out my mum came home and said a man had to be removed from the cafe because a man had come in with his newly purchased book, sat there and started masturbating while looking at the pages 🤢🤢🤢
I always meant to apologise for doing that.

• Haha
Reactions: 65

waz101

Heather Mills is a cunt though. She’s mentally ill with a serious personality disorder (sociopathy?) and lies seem to fall from her lips like second nature. In fact she’s told so many lies that no one knows when shes actually the truth. A childhood friend even sued her for saying in her book that she was held hostage by a pedophile when it was in fact the friend it had happened to.

I have known Heather Mills for over 30 years. If she told you it was raining you'd go outside to check

If you can ignore the fact that she's a pathological liar she can be quite good company.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63

Falkor

VIP Member
He's not exactly a top-flight celeb, but Peter Jones has got it right with his kids, I think. He's put a lot of his wealth into a trust and whatever jobs his kids decide to do, the trust matches their salary, but if they decide to do something that's low-paid but vital, like teaching or nursing, the trust pays them triple their salary. I thought it was a very good way of handing it down to his kids without ruining them.

• Heart
Reactions: 63

AlanBanan

VIP Member
I doubt that an intelligent woman like Linda would have stayed married to Paul if he was a “wife beater”. As for blaming it on the drugs, I always thought Paul and Linda were really into weed, and it’s more likely to put you to sleep than turn you into raging bull !!

Are you implying that only dumb people get beaten up by their partner ? My aunt is a doctor with a MD and a PhD and was being knocked about by her partner for years without any of us being none the wiser. It’s very easy to get yourself into an abusive relationship. Anyone can be manipulated And abused even geniuses.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 56

Brightstar72

VIP Member
I doubt that an intelligent woman like Linda would have stayed married to Paul if he was a “wife beater”. As for blaming it on the drugs, I always thought Paul and Linda were really into weed, and it’s more likely to put you to sleep than turn you into raging bull !!
I don’t think violence within a relationship is in any way limited to those with low intelligence, it’s much more nuanced than that

• Heart
Reactions: 56

AlanBanan

VIP Member
Chrissy Teigen is a cunt. She’s a bully, she’s insecure within herself because John is known to be gay.

She bullied Courtney Stodden, even though she probably knew full well that Courtney was being abused in Hollywood. Calling her vile names and just generally being a horrible person to a teenager who is being abused by a predator.

She gets away with it cause some people think she’s funny with her idiotic tweets like “I just did a tumble in the middle of sex and John was so shocked” or “FUCK U MOTHERFUCKER” to someone who slightly criticises her.

She has the face of a cabbage patch doll, she genuinely just got lucky with John. Also if I hear that All of me song one more time, I will smash my car radio in a fit of rage.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Don't shoot me, but am I the only one who absolutely hated 'Sex and the city'?
I can remember one of my friends being obsessed with it while I thought it was complete shite.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47

AlanBanan

VIP Member
@TheJoanCollinsFanClub

Going by your post about the shooting outside your uncle's club in the '90s am I correct in joining dots and realising you are a relative of a DJ that is considered a legend of the 'highest' order in EDM?
Can people stop asking about their identity? It could end up with someone who knows them finding out who they are and getting them in trouble for posting stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Drea1984

Chatty Member
I hear you, I grew up in a council house, my dad had made (and lost) a fortune before I was born - and had a narrow escape with HMRC for tax/ Vat fraud, so as my mum would say we never had a pot to piss in. I went to university, have a good career, have paid off my mortgage (which was a massive goal for me).

However my children much as I love them are a right pair of slackers 😣 One of them has already said he will live at home til he's 40 🤤😂 I can't motivate them and we're not even that well off, so I can understand why most kids from celeb families are as they are!
I brought up my child on my own. Single mum in council flat. Child now adult and never met father etc. The determination & drive my child has staggers me each day. Has an amazing degree & career. We never needed that fool after all 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 45

eyeballs

VIP Member
I’m fine with celebrities being vocal about smear tests tbh. In the UK we don’t tend to have our own gynaecologist and rely on the routine smear tests. Lots don’t attend due to fear. So I’m cool with this.

AlanBanan

VIP Member
Barrymores humour was more often than not about humiliating others. Mainly the elderly, who seemed to lap him up for some reason? There’s a clip of him doing one of his shows where a coach party of pensioners turns up late and he stops everything and starts taking the piss out of them asking where they’ve been etc. I wonder if he’d have done the same to a bunch of blokes in their 20s or 30’s?
In Alan Carrs autobiography, he mentions how Michael actually beat him up in a sketch

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
Especially of that age, from personal acquaintance - sun worshippers and heavy smokers!
She's got that cat's bum mouth that smokers have.

I met Jimmy Savile when I was an 18yo student nurse at Stoke Mandeville hospital. He french kissed my hand. And did the same to all 15 of my cohorts. The nursing officer told us off for being disgusted because "he's a good man at heart and has raised so much money for charity..."

• Sick
  • Angry
Years ago there used to be a program that was on every Sunday, Police 5 with Shaw Taylor.
Me and hubby were staying at a hotel on the Isle of Wight called Priory Bay, and one Saturday we were in the bar having a drink, and hubby whispered “Shaw Taylor from Police 5 is over there!!”
I looked over, and Shaw looks at me, and I started laughing, and said “Keep em peeled” (which was his catchphrase)
So Shaw gets up, and comes over to talk to me and hubby, but he was standing behind my chair, and leaning over me, and he said “I can see your bra strap”. I looked at hubby, but he was laughing along with Shaw. Then Shaw decided to PING my bra strap!! he said “Let me help you out dear”. I could have died, I got up, hubby was still gurning at Shaw and ignoring me....I decided to go back to our room, and when hubby eventually came back, I had packed our bags, and we had a huge row on the ferry home. Years later, there was a story in the Sunday papers, about Shaw Taylor being a pervert, and how he had cheated on his wife. I reminded hubby of our encounter with Shaw Taylor, and he apologised for not defending me..

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
If I was you I would’ve got him by the neck and beaten him within an inch of his life.

A man old enough to be my dad once tried to rub my shoulders in a McDonald’s after a night out and I turned around so quickly to Headbutt the bastard.
Oh Alan, I wish I had said something, but I just froze. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and I often think about what I should have said to him, and when I saw the story in the papers about him cheating on his wife, I was like “I knew it !! He was a perv!!” I was more upset that hubby just sat there chatting to Shaw about when he met him as a kid!!

I may as well chuck these in...
I once sat next to Helen Mirren on a flight to Hong Kong, she was absolutely lovely, and really looked after me (I had a stinking cold). She got me blankets and drinks, and was so kind.
I met The Fonz (Henry Winkler) at a lounge in Heathrow, he was over here for a book launch, and we sat together eating lunch while people kept coming over and having their photos taken with him, and he must have signed at least 20 autographs while I was with him !! He was a real gentleman, and told me lots of funny stories from Happy Days !!
I got really really drunk on a flight from Hong Kong to London with Luke Goss, he was so funny, and I had a great time with him doing impressions of people we both knew. We got told off by the flight attendants though!! I had his phone number, as we were going to hook up for dinner, but I lost it, and I didn’t give him my number!!
And to end with - I once sat next to Minty from Eastenders on a flight to Malaga, he was really chatting me up, and even when I told him that I was married- he said “Well, so am I !!” He reminded me of an over excited school boy, and we parted on friendly terms.!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 43