Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lamaitresse

VIP Member
Can I actually just out myself - as being a 1980s teenage girl who used to fancy Philip Schofield (used to have a picture of him posing in his shower from Just Seventeen - no, you couldn't see anything salacious).

How did I not KNOW? My gaydar is pretty accurate these days, but either way, I feel there's something egocentric and maybe even controlling about the way he spun his marriage/happy family life web of lies. I keep reading people in the biz knew for years and it was all an open secret. Where that leaves Steph, then and now, who knows.

I always thought Phil and Fern seemed really chummy and got along great on This Morning, but I now suspect he would push anyone under the bus to save himself and I bet there was another betrayal involved, just like his marriage.

Still love the original and best team - Richard and Judy - and I think they are just brilliant together (for all the wrong reasons - because you can tell Judy "puts up" with Richard's regular putting-his-foot-in-it moments).

All assumptions on my part about Schofe, but I've went right off him in recent years.

Reactions: 21

petitspois

VIP Member
I always imagine Ulrika to be one of those women who would flirt with your husband in front of you. My Mum would have called her a 'man's woman', has to have a man to feel validated.

Or maybe I'm wrong and she's lovely and has always fallen for arseholes.

Somerville12

VIP Member
Today's popbitch goss on David walliams...
Please Scream Inside Your Heart

Getting too much email? Unsubscribe
Popbitch

>> Kids company <<
An overdue apology...

A few years ago, we wrote a story about David Walliams that resulted in us receiving a pretty salty letter from his publishers, HarperCollins. They felt that, by alleging he didn't always care for the company of children, we owed Walliams an apology.

We didn't make one, but maybe we should have done?

Given the screenshots of private Twitter messages that emerged on social media this week – in which he appears to have generously invited some 17 year old girls to meet up with him at Britain's Got Talent – it seems David Walliams does enjoy the company of children after all and we were wrong to suggest otherwise.

We couldn't be happier to correct the record .

[Browse at popbitch.com]
You subscribed to the Popbitch Newsletter which usually comes out on Thursdays.

• Haha
I remember Michael Barrymore when he was at the peak of his career and could not for the life of me understand why people loved him his whole act was taking the piss out of people and in a very rude and nasty way
Same here. I always thought he was over the top and really irritated me back in the day. I prefer naturally funny and his 'comedy' felt forced and 'look at what I'm doing, I'm funny '. Not for me I'm afraid. Jim Carey is the same in my opinion.

• Heart

Lalla

VIP Member
I feel like with Saville he had so many connections at all levels of the establishment, forged over decades, plus all his public facing charity work (which as we all now know was a smokescreen from his real activities, a cover to allow him access to abuse disabled women :( ) that he was too difficult to out. He strikes me as the sort of devious bastard who would have had records on everyone and if they'd outed him, he would have gone for others too - politicians, senior people at BBC, all sorts of establishment figures.

I was obsessed with Jim'll Fix It as a kid, my mum never let me write in, said it wasn't a good idea. She died many years ago but I expect she had her suspicions about him. I don't recall her saying anything specific, although I do remember her referring to Gary Glitter as a 'wig wearing paed.o' and that was in the late 1980s. It's horrifying how they all got away with so much for so long...and how many people probably still haven't been held to account :(

• Sad
Reactions: 20

Vanillaco

VIP Member
Currently watching GMB.Anyone got anything on Andi Peters? Was born in the early 80s so was of the era of coming home from school everyday and watching him in the Broomcupboard 🤣🙈.I just find him quite interesting.Does he have a partner? He's always very cleverly escaped the headlines,daytimes Mr Clean.
I remember Andi Peter's from his broom cupboard days! I dont think it's a secret that hes gay is it? He probably just gets on with his life and doesnt feel the need to announce it in a tearful tv interview to gain validation and accolades for making his wife live a lie for 20 years.

Am I the only one who loved SATC? Actually loved it, mind you it hasn’t aged well!
I liked it. It was vapid and didnt age well. I think because I have no interest in fashion or clothes they were like aliens to me! Part of me wanted to care half as much as they did about shoes and the rest was glad I didnt 😄

• Haha
Is this all part of Kris Jenners plan for world domination? What is it they say, the devil works hard but Kris Jenner works harder??! 😂
You are so right 😂. Remember when Kylie did that awful “Rise and Shine” thing? Kris (PMK) Jenner tried to trademark it, and was selling hoodies and sweatshirts with Kylie’s face as a sun (like the teletubbies). With “Rise and Shine” printed on them!! Who the fuck would pay for such rubbish!!
And who the fuck would wear it!! 😱😱😱

• Haha
  • Wow

whybrows

Right. It has taken an entire pandemic to catch up with all of these posts. Thank you for the entertainment! And much needed distraction.

Highlight for me so far...Cheggars saying 'wey-hey' when washing his hands!

Luke warm tea...rumours I'd heard in my former (unsuccessful) career:

Andi Peters and Tony Hart were romantically linked.

Bono and Jo Wiley were romantically linked.

Sam Fox suffered a terrible childhood...poor girl.

• Wow
  • Heart

HaloGirl

VIP Member
I can’t stop thinking about Naya Rivera. It’s so sad. She’s so young and her four year old..... I don’t want to go down the rabbit hole of conspiracy but the whole trip does not make sense. The boat apparently is not good in choppy water. There have been several drownings in the past. Her baby being on board on his own....It’s so tragic.

• Sad
  • Wow

JOHN1967

VIP Member
Im sure everyone who has a daughter thinks they are beautiful. Some are, some arent but if you then add money, power, arse licking to the mix you suddenly have a ‘model’ even if they look like the back end of a bus.
Not just daughters, one of my wife's niece's is our God daughter, she is under two.

I think she looks so pretty and beautiful, but it has been pointed out to me that she is the spitting image of Oliver Hardy without the tache.

I still love her as she has a great personality.

• Haha

Wifo1976

VIP Member
I used to teach A Level Law. I watched 'Hillsborough' with Chris in it every year for about 12 years! He does excel in those types of things. I get the feeling he thinks a lot of acting is frivolous and not 'good' enough.
I loved him in ‘Cracker’, that was a reet good northern crime drama back in the day!

• Heart

Reverend

VIP Member
Not wanting to derail the thread, but I'm sure most know of relationships where the volatile/violent/controlling person changes the minute the front door closes. Yet is nice as pie when it comes to talking to neighbours, the window cleaner, co-workers, etc. I believe in second chances too but I get the same vibes off him as I do from that odious Stephen "Bear" fella - though he isn't smart or devious enough to hide how horrible he is.
I met a work colleagues husband. He was really nice, and was interested in what you had to say, made good jokes, was quite a good looking guy and had a quite high paying job in the city (not sure what).

A few months ago, she came into my office and pretty much broke down. It came out that he had been cheating on her for 10 years (they had been married for about 5 years or so), had been both physically abusive, and mentally abusive. She has had a no contact order on him, the police have installed a panic button and yet he has still been stalking her. He actually put tracking devices on her phone and car!

I'm not violent, but I'd like to meet him in a dark alley, with a baseball bat provided by The Walking Dead.

• Wow
  • Sad
I'm a big fan of her music and have seen her live about 7/8 times. Not again though because every gig ends up with her doing a rant against Trump etc
It's not that I dislike what she's saying though i'm sure it put a few off. Just i'm there for the music lol
I liked her music and saw her live at Shepherd’s Bush Empire a few years ago. It was a good gig, except she had a load of her mates in the VIP area, which is fine and how lovely to have all your mates come down to support you, except she seemed to be all about interacting with them and it was all a bit ‘in jokes’ with her mates. I don’t pay my money to once again feel like one of the uncool kids from school who is never in on the joke, thanks all the same love!
My father in law calls her ‘Pam-a-loma Crisp Packet’ which really gives me the giggles.

• Heart
Another thing about the Priory Bay Hotel..
Our room was on the ground floor, and was the last room on a small corridor. On the first night, we had hardly any sleep due to the people in the room above ours, it sounded like a party, but we didn’t complain, and thought it was a one off.
The next night though, it started again, banging and stomping, and what sounded like furniture being moved about. Well, I was fuming, and went to the front desk in the morning to complain. As I was telling the guy about the noise from the room above ours, he went a bit pale, and said “Erm, the room above your room is a store room, we keep all our Christmas decorations in there, and we use that room because it’s room number 13, and we are superstitious about that number. I couldn’t believe it, and so we were taken to room 13, which indeed was a store room, and was filled with Christmas decorations, and it was the room directly above ours which we had complained about!! I asked the guy if he knew what was going on, and he told me this creepy ghost story about a young girl who had previously lived in the Priory Bay a hundred years ago, and this girl had a little dog (King Charles spaniel I think). And when her little dog died, she was inconsolable with grief, and had the dog stuffed by a taxidermist, and it lived in a glass case. So, this girl put a curse on the Priory Bay, and said that if her dog was ever removed from the premises, she would haunt the place until it had been returned. The reception guy then told me that the little dog was missing!!! No wonder we had been hearing all that noise from room 13, it had to be the little girl looking for her dog....
Anyway, we did eventually go back to the hotel, and the first thing I did, was to ask if the dog had been returned. And it turns out that, just before we stayed there before, there had been a rowdy rugby crowd staying there, and one of them had nicked the dog, but felt so bad, that he had sent it back to the hotel!! And all was well on that stay, apart from Shaw bloody Taylor!! We haven’t been back since.

• Wow
  • Heart
HaHaHaHa, I must be getting desperate in my old age !! At least it’s not as bad as the poster who fancies John Bercow!!! 🤢😂
You should team up you might get therapy at a reduced rate,!

Could it be down to the late great Mr Wogan that Jimmy Savile never got invited, as far as I know, to be on children in need despite his 'charity work'? Just a thought and nothing to back it up, but if Terry Wogan looked out for young women at the BBC and helped to protect them from creeps it's not inconceivable that as the host for children in need he may have used his clout to keep him well away. Just a thought though x
Apparently there was a producer on the Children in Need who made it his mission never to let that monstrosity onto the show, which shows it must have been known about.

Nighty night.
If I dream of a bone white Boris Johnson naked in all his porcine glory, it will be your fault not mine!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick

CherryAcid

VIP Member
What is going on with Britney Spears!?!? She looks dead behind the eyes. Her videos are bizarre, I feel like she really needs some help, it’s so sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 19