Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Candytuft

VIP Member
I am ancient and started my first job in 1963. The sexism was appalling. It’s not true that it was just accepted, well not among me and my colleagues. The trouble was that if you fought back you either lost your job or it got worse if you made a scene.
I don’t know what we were expected to do to stop it. There wasn’t any way.
It’s so hard to believe nowadays.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 28

DeluxeTruffles

VIP Member
Mmmm Mark Ruffalo

When I hear his name it always reminds me of Amy Poehler at the Golden Globes and her "Everyone knows I like it Ruffalo" joke

How on earth did you manage to do him, his face, do his face, without accidentally licking it.

• Haha

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
I like Davina too. She’s quite honest albeit she’s a bit nutty but that’s what makes her. She has also said she trains for her mental health and it’s what helped her when she was getting clean from heroin.

She’s a nice normal woman and hasn’t done anything wrong as far as I can see. Oh wait she’s a woman so we have to pile on and hate on her.
I'd kill to look like Davina. She looks amazing but not in a 'try hard, look how sexy I am' way.

I really like her, she's honest about her past, and she's a bloody good role model for people in recovery. She keeps her children out of the spotlight, and even her marriage breakup wasn't headline news for long, because neither she nor Matthew would engage with the media. She's funny and warm and I bet she's a brilliant friend.
And there were no photos of her in an England shirt with her tits out either.

• Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
One of the best things I’ve ever read on here was this post about Keith Chegwin from @Simply_The_Bestest

Everyone couldn't believe how 'up' he was all the time but once I was in the toilet cubicle, he came in and didn’t know I was there. Even alone he was chirpy and whistling, even did a 'wha-hey!' whilst washing his hands.
It’s the little ‘wha-hey’ 🤣

Heres the original post -

• Haha
  • Heart

BigMavis

VIP Member
Has it been reported here that Chris Eubanks son has died. :cry: I remember this wee lad from the documentaries.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow

PeteM

VIP Member
Did hear of Tom Hiddleston going to a wedding and getting up to read a poem as his "gift" to the couple. As in he didn't buy them a gift.

He does seem like a cock anyway.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27

DeluxeTruffles

VIP Member
Talking about Mumsnetters. I had a brief interlude with Justine Roberst (who is the Mumsnet founder) in a restaurant when she was with her husband and two children. He looks like he might have Spanish or Italian blood - not relevant at all but whatever. She was a complete cow, did not smile once, moaned about the table, the cutlery, the other people, the noise, the this, the that, the other. Children had to have crayons for them to have something to do and yet she had not actually brought any with her herself. Expected everyone to fall over themselves helping her out. Entitled and annoying.

This was when I worked part time at a cool little restaurant/cafe that had had lots of good reviews in national papers and we got a lot of celebs and wealthy people along with other holiday folk and locals. They just couldn't relax and didn't realise they weren't in London anymore. She definitely had a stick up her arse.

• Heart

DeluxeTruffles

VIP Member
I have always thought Emma Thompson - although a massive luvvie - seems very nice. She would do my head in a bit as she is a bit manic and all over the place, but that is a lot of actors for you, always looking for the laugh and the attention. She seems a decent person though and never heard anything to the contrary.

• Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
Just jumping in to share my astonishment some years ago when I discovered she was mother to Janet Leigh (of being-murdered-in-the-shower Psycho fame) and is Jamie Lee Curtis' grandmother!
Thora Hird isn’t the mother of Janet Leigh. She had one daughter who was an actress called Janette Scott. Nothing to do with the Leighs

• Haha
Chris Eubanks son has died. Just before his 30 th birthday, leaving a wife and one month old son.
Devastating for the family.RIP

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Dan's Surf advert made me want to punch the TV screen - so annoying and 100% guarantee I will stick with Tesco's own brand washing liquid (with a classier fabric conditioner).

I don't believe for one second that these women had no idea how their partners were earning money.
It’s shades of Barbara Windsor claiming she didn’t realise how much of a gangster her husband really was 😱. Clue Babs, he hung out with the Krays!

• Haha

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
It’s better on here... you are in the right place.. you will never go back to mumsnet too clicky
Mumsnet makes me laugh sometimes.

I love the 'what class are you' threads like anyone gives a shit these days.

And then they all fall over each other to brag about their 6 figure salaries, their designer clothes, their custom made Agas, their bean to cup coffee machines (I got one from Aldi for 25 quid) and their privately educated offspring.

Secretly I think the biggest braggarts are the ones most likely to be living in bedsit land, on a minimum wage income, with no friends. Even their cat despises them.

• Haha
Happy birthday Tattlers. Who's bringing the cake? I have a tube of Pringles and half a bottle of Pimms to contribute.🎂
FFS - no one tell Danielle Lloyd.

Someone should do a poll asking which exposé or celebrity revelation brought you to Tattle?

I’m guessing over 50% of us came to read the Schofield rumours. I came via Twitter and for the Schofield tea.

Last edited:
  • Haha