Scummy Mummies

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Flicking through the men you’re going to meet in a hotel and shag on social media is grim. Helen if you’re reading - Go shag them, enjoy yourself. But stop trying so hard on Insta. You’ll really regret it….

Reactions: 6
Flicking through the men you’re going to meet in a hotel and shag on social media is grim. Helen if you’re reading - Go shag them, enjoy yourself. But stop trying so hard on Insta. You’ll really regret it….
Between that and all the underwear pics... It's a bit much! I don't know if she's going for the shock factor to remain relevant or if she's just having a meltdown and putting all that on IG in case her ex is looking and let's face it, blokes don't do that. Instead, it will be her friends and family who will see this rather erratic and foolish behaviour. I think she will eventually damage their Scummy Mummies brand with all this I AM SO HAPPY, I AM SINGLE, LOOK AT ME ON TINDER HOOKING UP WITH ALL THE MEN nonsense!

Reactions: 3
Is that Ellie's dad she's discussing her hotel sex plans and water sports with?!?!? 😳🤢

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Is that Ellie's dad she's discussing her hotel sex plans and water sports with?!?!? 😳🤢
Yep, seems that way! And Ellie was trying to give it a more loving tone... "Are they good enough for our Helen, Dad?" but of course Helen had to go on and tell us all about how old they are, how they will meet at the hotel, how they might or might not like "water sports"...

• Sick
I still don’t understand how she was supposedly able to go off and hook up with loads of men last year during lockdowns.

I still don’t understand how she was supposedly able to go off and hook up with loads of men last year during lockdowns.
Likely to all be made up to get back at her ex. Although she totally comes across like she would throw herself at anyone who’ll have her.

Well I’m sure she’s mentioned before that she has a weak pelvic floor…

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I think it’s a phenomenon with the insta mum crowd that none of them appeared to own a sex toy before they separated/got divorced from the spouse. Judging by all faux amazement at all the lovely shiny shiny new new toys they get gifted at the merest whiff of marital discourse.

I’m only half kidding. The scummy mummies are firmly part of the insta mum crowd and Natalie Style Me Sunday is the same, lots of underwear and skin shots and lots of ads and collabs with sex toy companies.

I think Helen is mostly trying to convince herself that she is happy and A okay with the divorce, the ex seems to just be getting on with stuff. It’s all a bit grubby.

The thirsty posts do very much seem like they are specifically aimed at her ex

and discussing it with her friend's Dad and brother! :sick:

• Sick
I’d hazard a guess that the exponential increase in her online thirsty antics is in direct correlation to developments in the ex’s relationship with the new partner.

• Wow
I’d hazard a guess that the exponential increase in her online thirsty antics is in direct correlation to developments in the ex’s relationship with the new partner.
Sounds like you have inside tea…?

Is it the partner he’d been seeing for 4 years before they split up?

I do feel for Helen. But it really irks me that her book about divorce (when she's not actually legally divorced yet? 🤔) is on the bestseller list and she's proclaiming to be living her best life a year and a bit after her world falling apart. I'm sure that she's still processing her split - not exactly in a place to advise others on how to handle their divorce.

Reactions: 7
Sounds like you have inside tea…?
Nah just guessing he’s probably engaged to the new partner or made some sort of commitment which has tipped her over the edge!

I do feel for Helen. But it really irks me that her book about divorce (when she's not actually legally divorced yet? 🤔) is on the bestseller list and she's proclaiming to be living her best life a year and a bit after her world falling apart. I'm sure that she's still processing her split - not exactly in a place to advise others on how to handle their divorce.
Precisely what we've been saying! It's not that we think that what happened to her was great. It was not. It's the pretend happiness and oversharing that baffles. She keeps saying how she had no idea that things were bad, 22 years of marriage, she didn't even know it was going to end and one day, bang! It's all gone. She couldn't possibly have perspective on it just yet, and the fact that she's unravelling the way she is online shows that.

I like the scummy mummies generally, they’re playing up the scummyness as it’s a persona. They seem like pretty normal people otherwise. But I do also wonder how you can be talking about how you feel so definitively so soon after a divorce. Everyone I know who has got divorced has taken years to really sort out how they feel about it. But I guess if the book option is there then you might have to just seize the day. I’ve not read the book so can’t comment on whether it’s any good. But I did just listen to this pod cast which features one of the authors of Vaxxers (also currently on the best seller list) and turns out she also got divorced just before lock down. But she’s talking about making a vaccine to save the world vs dildos and dick pics. Suspect that’s a bigger F you to her ex husband 😀

Reactions: 5
I’ve just read the book. I think she divorced almost immediately.
You do feel for her. She was royally shafted.She does go into detail about how it hadn’t been plain sailing and she was binge drinking etc. Shagging people that weren’t right for her. It’s been a bit of a tit show.
god knows how she found the head space to write this book. It’s very well written. Lots of contributions from experts which were interesting.
She does come across quite self congratulatory. And all her instamum mates worshipping her like she’s done something that’s never been done before.

Reactions: 5
Yes the (extensive) bits about how everyone rallied around her irked me. I mean most of us have good friends but I didn’t have people tripping over themselves to make me lasagne when my husband left. She went on and on about how essential it is to have friends that would drop everything for you at any time. I worried that lots of people would be left feeling down by this as it’s time when a lot of people feel very alone. I think she needs some empathy for others as seems very self focused.

• Heart
Yes the (extensive) bits about how everyone rallied around her irked me. I mean most of us have good friends but I didn’t have people tripping over themselves to make me lasagne when my husband left. She went on and on about how essential it is to have friends that would drop everything for you at any time. I worried that lots of people would be left feeling down by this as it’s time when a lot of people feel very alone. I think she needs some empathy for others as seems very self focused.
You're right. Those kinds of sentiments kind of trigger me to be honest. It's not the right word and over the top but I hope you get my gist. I have good friends, don't get me wrong but, as you said, no one offered me a lasagne and they are all busy people. How do you rustle up this amazing support system if you just don't have it? It's a bit like when you have a new baby and everyone says 'accept the help' - what help??