Scummy Mummies

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rosie Green was the first to put a book out after a divorce from a similarly long marriage. Think Helen’s book is a copy of that /getting on the bandwagon.
i certainly do not think she is happy/delighted/couldn’t be better. The father of her kids shagged someone else for 4 years.

Reactions: 3
She needs to rename her account the catchy:

HelenWasASize18(AndIsLikelyToBeAgainOnceTheDustHasSettled)

Last edited:
  • Haha
I’m sure Helen is a nice person but she represents everything I hate about the mummy influencers, all so fake and contrived. She’s obvs NOT divorced and happy and NOT a size 18 but yet gets publishing deals and ads about both. It’s disingenuous. People who are truly happy get on with their lives without the need to tell the world how happy they are.

Reactions: 10
I think Helen seems like a really nice person and her friendship with Ellie is lovely to see. I don't think she's fake (her house is an utter bombsite most of the time etc..) but I do think she should wind down Insta and all the thirsty posts and just get cracking on the comedy.

I've never seen her gigs but, if they are funny, I reckon she should be aiming for Daisy May Cooper and Sharon Horgan as career aspirations rather than Clemmie Telford and the other Mums shilling their kids for a quick buck.

Reactions: 7
People who are truly happy get on with their lives without the need to tell the world how happy they are.
It sounds like her ex has gotten on with his life and that appears to be making her shout louder about how happy she is as a message to him.

Reactions: 1
I think Helen seems like a really nice person and her friendship with Ellie is lovely to see. I don't think she's fake (her house is an utter bombsite most of the time etc..) but I do think she should wind down Insta and all the thirsty posts and just get cracking on the comedy.

I've never seen her gigs but, if they are funny, I reckon she should be aiming for Daisy May Cooper and Sharon Horgan as career aspirations rather than Clemmie Telford and the other Mums shilling their kids for a quick buck.
They can be very funny, and they have had some success on the comedy scene (sell out run at Edinburgh etc), but the traditional stand up route just doesn't fit well with the influencer world they're in, I think. Even though comedy is an act, it's rooted in truth, whereas the insta hun world just seems fake through and through to me. And I think this might be one of the reasons they don't get taken as seriously as some other female comedians

But saying that, they've done well to build a big following from being in that insta bubble, so I guess it's worked for them in that way. Just not sure how much it's helped they're more standard comedy career

Reactions: 2
I'm not sure how Helen's whining about single mum life fits with being taken seriously in the comedy world. Do any of the other Mummy bloggers overshare as much as she does?

She's no "single mum"! She was bragging about how she's gonna have two whole weeks to herself because the children are off with the dad and she's always talking about all the alleged sex escapades she gets up to when the father has them... THAT IS CALLED CO-PARENTING, not single parenting. She also keeps contradicting herself about how hard it is to be on your own as a mum, and then in other posts she talks about how liberating is that now she gets time to be on her own at home. If you ask me, she's cashing in on a lie, she is not happy and she is not even divorced yet, let alone being over her failed life. 20 something years of marriage down the drain and she's writing a memoire 18 months after? I DON'T THINK SO! I call bulls$~t! What's next? her book about life coaching and weight loss?

• Heart
For her to find being the only adult in the house and all the responsibilities that come with it so utterly overwhelming it's clear her ex must have done loads.
I'm no super woman but I can keep a house reasonably clean and tidy, the kids fed without there being huge piles of mess and washing everywhere the whole time.

Reactions: 5
For her to find being the only adult in the house and all the responsibilities that come with it so utterly overwhelming it's clear her ex must have done loads.
I'm no super woman but I can keep a house reasonably clean and tidy, the kids fed without there being huge piles of mess and washing everywhere the whole time.
Can't help but think he must have been a long-suffering companion to her tit show. And two weeks child-free. I could only dream of that!

All of these happily married/never married Influencers promoting Helen's book is becoming tiresome. Helen's brand seems to be disingenuity.

Reactions: 7
I’m a single / co- parent and I manage pretty easily to keep the house tidy-ish and washing done. Her kids are older now so I can’t fathom what she finds so hard. As you say, it’s just to promote the ‘Helen Brand’ which is becoming more and more unbelievable. And the constant vibrator stuff is just grubby.

Reactions: 4
All of these happily married/never married Influencers promoting Helen's book is becoming tiresome. Helen's brand seems to be disingenuity.
Absolutely! It seems all fake and forced. I was looking at their stories today and there is this whole thing about Helen, AGAIN, telling the world about the men she's going to meet and supposedly f*#k this week. One, she's actually meeting "in a hotel"... I mean, good for her, but what about her kids seeing that sort of thing? the older one seems old enough to be on IG. Also, DESPERATE MUCH??? with that tacky neon neckless that says SINGLE! Dunno, seems more like a man repellent rather than a good catch. Guys fly at the sight of things of that sort, like if it was plague!

She’s playing out her divorce trauma in real time on Instagram.

When she’s properly over it and healed in a few years, I suspect she’ll realise that maybe it wasn’t such a great look.