Scummy Mummies

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She. Is. Not. A. Single. Mum. She’s single. She is a co-parent. I hate this all “single mum” stuff, which I find an insult to actual single parents who do everything themselves with no support, no entire weekends holidays weeks without their children when they can train for their marathons. She’s a very privileged single woman who shares responsibilities for her children with her ex.
Well said 👏 it fucks me off when she does her "um, so shout out to all the single mums, doing it all by themselves because that's what we do, blah blah blah"..

duck. Off.

The ex has the kids more than she does - nothing wrong with that but at least bleeping acknowledge it. All the holidays alone, gifted clothes etc - how in god's name does she even believe she's relatable to single mums?

Helen, get your head out your skinny backside and get with the real world 🙄

Reactions: 3
Playing devil’s advocate, I honestly some of this is a semantics and perhaps a generational and/or cultural thing. “Single mum/dad/parent” was the general term for all parents without a partner for years, regardless of whether they were divorced, separated or the other parent had never been involved. “Co-parent” is a fairly new term being used to describe the shared care arrangements between separated parents and old duffers like me (and maybe Helen) haven’t moved over to the new lingo yet.

That said, I do understand re the relatability to the average single (or co-parenting) mum. She has older, more independent children, what looks like a flexible job with good income and an ex who pulls his weight, plus a load of freebies, perks and ego boosting adoration from her IG account. Not representative and feels like an insult when she’s pulling a face and doing the whole “I don’t know how we do it, girls”.

Reactions: 10
Playing devil’s advocate, I honestly some of this is a semantics and perhaps a generational and/or cultural thing. “Single mum/dad/parent” was the general term for all parents without a partner for years, regardless of whether they were divorced, separated or the other parent had never been involved. “Co-parent” is a fairly new term being used to describe the shared care arrangements between separated parents and old duffers like me (and maybe Helen) haven’t moved over to the new lingo yet.

That said, I do understand re the relatability to the average single (or co-parenting) mum. She has older, more independent children, what looks like a flexible job with good income and an ex who pulls his weight, plus a load of freebies, perks and ego boosting adoration from her IG account. Not representative and feels like an insult when she’s pulling a face and doing the whole “I don’t know how we do it, girls”.
She used to occasionally call herself a co-parent but then scrapped that and went for the false single parent schtick so she could push her "poor me" narrative. Nearly three years later and she's still playing the victim. Must be very exhausting to be her!

Reactions: 2
You just know she gives the ex a really hard time. Whatever he does will probably never make her happy. She’s clearly filled with rage at him.

She’ll struggle to find someone unless she deletes both her insta accounts which is never going to happen. Anyone taking a look at those would run for the hills with the level of pure narcissism and “I hate my ex” stuff.

Reactions: 1
Not until she finds someone new then she may give him a break.
She never will if she keeps up her attitude towards men/her ex. I reckon she's trying to model herself on Samantha Jones (sex and the city). Single, multiple one night stands, open about sex/sex toys etc.

If she wants to move on and eventually settle down with someone in the future, she needs to let go of her obsession with hating her ex. Would have thought all this yoga and bleeping retreats/spa breaks she goes on would heal her and teach her not to be so hateful 🙄

Have I really just witnessed Helen posting about the death of Vivienne Westwood making it all about her by posting the gifted dresses of hers she received, complete with lollipop head selfies of course 🙄

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Have I really just witnessed Helen posting about the death of Vivienne Westwood making it all about her by posting the gifted dresses of hers she received, complete with lollipop head selfies of course 🙄
Narcissists are gonna narcissist.

Reactions: 4
Yes Helen. You're thin. You clearly over exercise so you can have "all the wine, all the fags, blah blah blah" and live off green smoothies. What do you want a bleeping medal??

Yes, you've been gifted loads of Vivienne Westwood dresses over the years.

This. Is. Not. About. You.

Now duck off you insufferable twit.

God that feels better 🤣🤣

Screenshot_2022-12-30-12-22-14-164~2.jpg
Screenshot_2022-12-30-12-22-28-528~2.jpg
Screenshot_2022-12-30-12-22-23-069~2.jpg
Screenshot_2022-12-30-12-22-18-473~2.jpg

Gotta shoehorn the amazing date with the amazing man in case anyone was under any doubt about how much of a desirable woman she is now she has lost weight, taken up running and discovered angled selfies. Oh yeah viv died also RIP.🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I just fell down a rabbit warren….. her ex’s girlfriend looks different to Helen in some respects but they do give off v similar vibes. I expected him to be with someone really different for some reason.

• Wow
I just fell down a rabbit warren….. her ex’s girlfriend looks different to Helen in some respects but they do give off v similar vibes. I expected him to be with someone really different for some reason.
I'm intrigued, how did you find this warren? Can't lie, I'm curious about the OW.

The before and after selfies come out **BuT iT's NoT aBoUt WeIgHt LoSs** :rolleyes:

She's clearly fishing for compliments. I actually think she looks better in the middle picture. She looks scraggy and dishevelled now. But it could just be her weird obsession with taking lollipop head selfies from a stupidly high angle.

She used to be such a great representation for plus size women and now she's just become another skinny witch showing off about being skinny, while trying to pretend she's not all about flaunting her weight loss. I used to enjoy her Fat Lot of Good podcast. She doesn't even seem like the same person anymore. She's let down the women that started following her in the first place when she was bigger.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The before and after selfies come out **BuT iT's NoT aBoUt WeIgHt LoSs** :rolleyes:

She's clearly fishing for compliments. I actually think she looks better in the middle picture. She looks scraggy and dishevelled now. But it could just be her weird obsession with taking lollipop head selfies from a stupidly high angle.

She used to be such a great representation for plus size women and now she's just become another skinny witch showing off about being skinny, while trying to pretend she's not all about flaunting her weight loss. I used to enjoy her Fat Lot of Good podcast. She doesn't even seem like the same person anymore. She's let down the women that started following her in the first place when she was bigger.

This! I couldn't care less if someone chooses to lose weight, particularly if like Helen has stated, they were told they were at risk of diabetes etc with their diet. But don't then claim "it was never about losing weight". Clearly it was - just bloody own it 😂

I agree with you also, the middle photo she'd obviously found a good balance with healthy eating/running but still had a nice curvy figure. She may be thin now, but Jesus her wrinkles... She looks older than my 60 year old mother! Maybe if she stopped smoking all the fags she wouldn't look so haggard but then it wouldn't fit her narrative of "look how many fags I smoke/wine I drink and I'm still super thin" etc.

Also why is seemingly proud that her cat is overweight?? 🙄 (latest grid post).

Reactions: 5
She's boasting about smoking weed now whilst the kids are home alone (presumably) while she's gone out with her zany mates. That's quite a bold move in an attempt to seem crazy and cool!