Scariest TV shows or films you’ve ever seen

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love this thread 😁 and absolutely love anything in the horror/scary/ etc genre but the only one to ever give me serious nightmares were I literally jumped out the bed screaming whilst still asleep as it was so real was Stephen Kings Sleepwalkers, I was about 13 😳 almost gave my poor mother a heartattack haha haven't watched it since 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Thanks for the reviews on The Boy. I may watch it if I can't find anything else to watch. I'll keep it in the watchlist.

Reactions: 1
Sinister… my god that movie freaked me out on a deep level and I would never watch it again. The music and some of the imagery were truly disturbing. It’s quite a rubbish corny horror in some respects and Ethan hawke has done way better work but omg it’s creepy af

Reactions: 3
Sinister… my god that movie freaked me out on a deep level and I would never watch it again. The music and some of the imagery were truly disturbing. It’s quite a rubbish corny horror in some respects and Ethan hawke has done way better work but omg it’s creepy af
Sinister was my first post on this thread.

I love horror and scary stuff and watch loads so most I take with a pinch salt but Sinister got right under my skin. I've never watched the second one because of the way the first one mad me feel.

Paranormal Activity, The Conjuring and The Thing scared me a lot when I was young. They still spook me now and I will not watch them on my own.:eek:

Most of my contributions to this thread have been said already but I absolutely love horror and am glad to see this thread on my home page.

Is anyone off to see the new Scream tomorrow? I love the franchise so I'm really excited to go see it at the weekend. It's not exactly scary but love it anyway and can't wait to see the next installment.

Also, does anyone here have Shudder? Thinking of getting a subscription but not sure if the UK version has many options compared to the US one

i watched the uninvited when I was younger and it was pretty creepy. Not like terrifying but the first time you watch it you think ohhhh tit

Most of my contributions to this thread have been said already but I absolutely love horror and am glad to see this thread on my home page.

Is anyone off to see the new Scream tomorrow? I love the franchise so I'm really excited to go see it at the weekend. It's not exactly scary but love it anyway and can't wait to see the next installment.

Also, does anyone here have Shudder? Thinking of getting a subscription but not sure if the UK version has many options compared to the US one
I subscribed to Shudder during Halloween last year and was pretty disappointed by the selection tbh

Shudder have a 7 day free trial here in the UK so you could just do that first.

I haven't done it as I haven't found anything on there I fancy.

Looking forward to Scream but I can’t see it for a while so I’m desperately avoiding spoilers, threads and articles/comments about it. Hope you enjoy!

Thank you guys for the Shudder replies. I considered doing a trial but was thinking of saving it until next Halloween or something, will probably do that or just sack off the idea entirely. Huge shame that UK selection isn't good as the concept is something really cool.

Looking forward to Scream but I can’t see it for a while so I’m desperately avoiding spoilers, threads and articles/comments about it. Hope you enjoy!
Cheers, I really enjoyed it! There was quite a few elements I think should have been done differently but the basics were solid so it was still a really fun watch and a great addition to the franchise. Hope you can get to the cinema soon!

edit: Just noticed your username, love it.

Thank you guys for the Shudder replies. I considered doing a trial but was thinking of saving it until next Halloween or something, will probably do that or just sack off the idea entirely. Huge shame that UK selection isn't good as the concept is something really cool.

Cheers, I really enjoyed it! There was quite a few elements I think should have been done differently but the basics were solid so it was still a really fun watch and a great addition to the franchise. Hope you can get to the cinema soon!

edit: Just noticed your username, love it.

thanks!
In your own personal opinion, what is your list of all 5 films in order from favourite to least? I haven’t seen the latest one but mine is

I love M R James and his ghost stories, I think this is one of the best adaptations of his work.
Whistle and I'll come to you.
It still scares me,even now!

Woops 😁 just realised @Woolmercardington, already mentioned it, (I should have double checked?
Oh well...great minds think alike and all that (y)
Still it's worth a watch if anyone is in the mood 🤷‍♀️ just don't do what I did, and watch it alone in the dark! 😁 That wasn't the best idea. LOL.

Last edited:
I love M R James and his ghost stories, I think this is one of the best adaptations of his work.
Whistle and I'll come to you.
It still scares me,even now!

There's a John Hurt version of this on Amazon Prime I've got in my watchlist. I've never seen it.

When I was a kid I use to love to watch a program called Strange but true every Friday night with my cousin. I then spent the whole week hiding under my quilt every night.

a film a watched when I was younger that I ended up having a bad nightmare over and so never watched again was Haunting on Hill House not to be confused with the Netflix series. I don’t ever really see it available anywhere but I’d never watch it again.

more recent times Woman in Black- it took me and my dad about 5 hours to watch it because we had to keep pausing it so he could go to the toilet he was that scared haha.

I can’t really watch horror anymore it makes me scared of a night and I’m in my 30s now haha.

Not exactly scary but a film called Eraserhead was very disturbing as was The Wicka man which is one of my favourite films.

Tales That Witness Madness from the 70s
Funnily enough I watched that last week.