Scariest TV shows or films you’ve ever seen

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you. I wasn't sure it was her after all its been years and I was very tired..I don't think I found it scary just very bizarre...
Not a fan of buried alive stuff. Not sure why. One of those things just makes me feel uncomfortable. I'm a little bit claustrophobic. Not to the point were I can't go in a lift but something like an MRI scan I can't handle ( and I've had a lot of over the years). I can only do them if I have my eyes closed the entire time.

Reactions: 2
Not a fan of buried alive stuff. Not sure why. One of those things just makes me feel uncomfortable. I'm a little bit claustrophobic. Not to the point were I can't go in a lift but something like an MRI scan I can't handle ( and I've had a lot of over the years). I can only do them if I have my eyes closed the entire time.
The episodes of CSI directed by Quentin Tarantino had a buried alive theme and were, IMO, really good. The suspense and desperation was really well done.

Reactions: 3
I'm not claustrophobic but always known I couldnt do an MRI. I'd freak out and there's no way id be able to stay still that long.. I'm sorry you have had to go through them a lot

The episodes of CSI directed by Quentin Tarantino had a buried alive theme and were, IMO, really good. The suspense and desperation was really well done.
It must be a thing with him.. there's the extended coffin scene in Kill Bill

Whitechapel tv series was pretty creepy. It didn’t help I watched it late at night, alone.

Reactions: 4
I've just remembered a great one. Magic (1978) starring Antony Hopkins as a ventriloquist whose dummy either has an evil consciousness of its own or is given one by the unbalanced mind of its operator, who comes to believe it is a living creation and carries out dark acts at its encouragement.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
La Cabina, a Spanish film which I watched by myself as a teenager late at night years ago and never fully recovered from! It’s about a man stuck in a phone booth who can’t get out, and can’t get anyone else to help him. It was such a simple idea and so incredibly chilling.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've just remembered a great one. Magic (1978) starring Antony Hopkins as a ventriloquist whose dummy either has an evil consciousness of its own or is given one by the unbalanced mind of its operator, who comes to believe it is a living creation and carries out dark acts at its encouragement.
Yes great film and also reminds me of another film which I found very chilling Dead of night 1945....starring Michael Redgrave as a ventriloquist who had also had a very malevolent/creepy dummy named Hugo... that's another one that still scares me!

Reactions: 1
There is an series of Dr Who that terrified me as a kid. It had Jon Pertwee running about chasing giant maggots. It was called The Green Death.

I was watching clips on You Tube this afternoon and it's funny to see how dated it is and the effects are but that is to be expected. It was from 1973. Scared me more than Daleks ever did.

Dressed to Kill (starring Michael Caine)
Body Double (starring Melanie Griffith)

Both have scary moments but there's also funny moments. Same with One Hour Photo (Robin Williams). Maybe I have a weird sense of humour.

The episode of Inside No.9 called "Cold Comfort" gave me nightmares.

I've never found ghosts/supernatural things scary or interesting, and gory stuff just makes me feel sick.

Talking about ventriloquist/doll things has anyone here seen 'The Boy' and 'Brahams : The Boy 2' ?? If you have are they any good?

Newbie here 👋🏻 I’ve seen so many but The Conjuring will always spook me, as unfortunately I developed sleep paralysis/nightmares for a while during a difficult period and started seeing the witch from the first film during my episodes 🙈 so I can no longer watch it 😂
The Hills Have Eyes remake is very graphic but so well done. I also love Wolf Creek, very atmospheric. Too many to list! I recently started re-watching the League of Gentlemen and love the dark themes to it, Tubbs & Edward are like old school horror characters.

The Boy and Brahms are pretty good. Not amazing but there are a few jumps.

The one with the devil in it scared the life out of me..the man was trapped in a fog with him..the actor was in a couple of other horrors and a comic book thing...gah what was it called?!

Reactions: 1
I've only seen The Boy. It was ok and I didn't guess the ending but didn't leave me gagging for a sequel. Some creepy bits and I also think dummies and some dolls are a bit creepy.

Reactions: 3