Scariest TV shows or films you’ve ever seen

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched The Conjuring:The Devil Made Me do It.

If you're a fan of The Conjuring universe you won't be disappointed. Quite a few creepy moments to enjoy.

The gorgs in fraggle rock scared the crap out of me when I was a kid,my parents used to let me watch horror films like an American werewolf in London,omen,Halloween,Friday the 13th,but nothing scared me half to death like them big furry gorg creatures.

Reactions: 3
Nightmare on Elm Street Two. Having seen all of that series, the second is definitely my favourite.

Reactions: 1
The entity 1982 with Barbara Hershey the ending really unnerved me :eek: So much so that I only had the nerve to watch it once!

Worth watching though for Barbara's outstanding performance alone (an underrated actress in my opinion probably because she is so beautiful?).
Also the (difficult) subject matter is handled with sensitivity and understanding the film is said to be based on a true story and I found it disturbing and creepy.
Again I won't give too much away for people who haven't seen it but it's well worth a watch.

Reactions: 4
Yes, forgotten about The Entity. I've only watched it once and probably won't again.

Trying to find a good and scary horror for tonight… has anyone watched midsommar?

Reactions: 2
Drag me to hell!
This! I've watched almost every horror going and this, as well as As Above So Below, is the one that has stayed with me. I really don't scare easily. But that scene at the train station is etched in my mind forever

Trying to find a good and scary horror for tonight… has anyone watched midsommar?
Yes! Watched it last weekend and I absolutely loved it. Highly recommended. My sister is watching it tonight for the first time after I recommended it. Looking forward to hearing what she thinks of it. If you do watch report back ☺ x

Was that the one where Vincent Price got into a swordfight on a trampoline while quoting Shakespeare? I bleeping love Hammer Horror 🤣
Yes it was.

Was that the one where Vincent Price got into a swordfight on a trampoline while quoting Shakespeare? I bleeping love Hammer Horror 🤣
In it, Price plays a Shakespearian actor driven to attempt suicide after being lambasted by theatre critics. Believed dead, he takes revenge on each of the critics in turn, using a gang of alcoholic dossers as assistants. Each critic is subjected to a murder that mirrors a death from Shakespeare. A black comedy, it is both genuinely scary, horrifying and funny.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Yes it was.

In it, Price plays a Shakespearian actor driven to attempt suicide after being lambasted by theatre critics. Believed dead, he takes revenge on each of the critics in turn, using a gang of alcoholic dossers as assistants. Each critic is subjected to a murder that mirrors a death from Shakespeare. A black comedy, it is both genuinely scary, horrifying and funny.
That’s a blast from the past - I watched it last 15yrs ago.

Price was also amazing in the House on Haunted Hill (1959) - had some great tension and intelligent twists between the camp. Far superior to the 1999 one, although Geoffrey Rush did the best homage of Price’s original character.

Hammer Horror movies are brilliant.

They started making films again about 10 years ago. The Woman In Black with Daniel Radcliffe is one of theirs.

When I was a kid, I remember being a bit freaked out by 'Carry On Screaming' of all things.

That’s a blast from the past - I watched it last 15yrs ago.

Price was also amazing in the House on Haunted Hill (1959) - had some great tension and intelligent twists between the camp. Far superior to the 1999 one, although Geoffrey Rush did the best homage of Price’s original character.
Another good Vincent Price Hammer horror movie is The Pit & the Pendulum

The Thriller series (Brian Clemens) the episode that I found the most eerie and unsettling was Someone at the top of the stairs. Two young women stay in a boarding house that is actually more of a haunted house and where the guests keep on disappearing and literally nothing is as it seems.

Another great episode is A place to die....a young couple move to a village that unbeknownst to them is a haven of rural witchcraft and find themselves in great danger ..

Also one deadly owner starring Donna Mills and with a rare appearance of a young Jeremy Brett (great actor shame he wasn't cast in more roles).
A model buys a car that seems to have a mind of its own and a shady past...she starts to doubt her sanity and feels as if her life is spinning out of control and it is but it's not something she can drive away from rather something (or someone) following her ...

So many interesting episodes in this Anthology series but those are the ones that stand out

Oh and Ring once for death is very good as well very claustrophobic and atmospheric....plus many others..

If anyone likes films and series of the 70's I would recommend this one

The Thriller series (Brian Clemens) the episode that I found the most eerie and unsettling was Someone at the top of the stairs. Two young women stay in a boarding house that is actually more of a haunted house and where the guests keep on disappearing and literally nothing is as it seems.

Another great episode is A place to die....a young couple move to a village that unbeknownst to them is a haven of rural witchcraft and find themselves in great danger ..

Also one deadly owner starring Donna Mills and with a rare appearance of a young Jeremy Brett (great actor shame he wasn't cast in more roles).
A model buys a car that seems to have a mind of its own and a shady past...she starts to doubt her sanity and feels as if her life is spinning out of control and it is but it's not something she can drive away from rather something (or someone) following her ...

So many interesting episodes in this Anthology series but those are the ones that stand out

Oh and Ring once for death is very good as well very claustrophobic and atmospheric....plus many others..

If anyone likes films and series of the 70's I would recommend this one
I watched that about ten years ago. It had some good episodes. I liked the story about the female film star with the phone stalker. I also liked the one about the killer who places carnations with his victims and one about the man who is normal but his twin brother is a psychopathic killer on the loose. The darkest was the one about a young woman frightened by being followed by a man from a train station at night, which triggers a delusional psychosis in which she repeatedly sees a man who abused her around town, causing her to commit murder. I could see a degree of influence from Roman Polanski's Repulsion upon that last story - which film is another favourite scary film of mine.

Talking of Hammer movies I watched one of theirs last night, 'The Quiet Ones'. I actually thought it was very good once I got into it and very atmospheric and creepy It stars Jared Harris and Sam Clafin so the acting is spot one.